San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

Congratulations!!!!!
Was your case Auto-Remanded in Apr 2004? Most of the Auto Remands happened from Apr through Aug 2003. I believe DOL stooped that practice by issuing mamorandum to Cert Officers in Oct 2003.

howlongTowait said:
I finally heard from my lawyer that my LC was approved.

PD: 07/02/2001
RD: 05/14/2002
Auto Remand to State : 04/23/2004

Have no clue what happened after this.

Was told to retest market about 6 weeks ago.

Approved :10/26/2004

DOT: 999.151-031

It has been very frustrating. Not sure where the next queue starts and ends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Total Time 3Yrs and 3 months

gp111 said:
They updated this message on CASE Status Phone Number (4601) on OCT 28th But I checked it today..

"SF DOL Office Continues processing cases FIFO based on RD. As many of you already know 20K cases have been already transferred to Phily or Dallas. If your RIR cases has RD May 03 or later (Non RIR Oct 03 or later) please do not call this office for status, you will receive a letter from one of the BECs in next 60 days about contact info... blah blah.."

SO I Guess all of us with RD may 03 of later, lets wait for the Letter & Folks of March April 03.. Hang on !

Do they send the letter to lawyer only or both lawyer and employer? I change the lawyer early this year. I don't know if DOL has the correct lawyer contact info.

Priority data for substitute labor

Hi, anybody knows what is priority data for substitute labor. Is it the original data or the data of substitute? I’m worry about if I take substitue labor which will be in EB3, it might hit retrogression of visa numbers next year.

Thanks

GCIsTortoise said:
Hi, anybody knows what is priority data for substitute labor. Is it the original data or the data of substitute? I’m worry about if I take substitue labor which will be in EB3, it might hit retrogression of visa numbers next year.

Thanks

It will be the original PD (for that LC).

Any idea about RIR cases in March and April 2003

Any idea about RIR cases in March and April 2003?

I checked several RIR cases in March and April, 2003, and AVM said the cases are not located.

xyr888 said:
Any idea about RIR cases in March and April 2003?

I checked several RIR cases in March and April, 2003, and AVM said the cases are not located.

I checked the cases of April 2004 from Washington state, the AVM says it could not find the case, it looks like the AVM System is expriencing some problem

Some more info on BECs:

Some more info on BECs:
http://murthy.com/news/n_doltra.html

"Until PERM is published, the Atlanta and Chicago Centers will function as additional BECs. If PERM is not published, an alternate regulation will be required to eliminate the SWAs' intake of labor certification cases. The Atlanta and Chicago Centers will function as national processing centers"

cala said:
Do they send the letter to lawyer only or both lawyer and employer? I change the lawyer early this year. I don't know if DOL has the correct lawyer contact info.
Letters are normally sent to both lawyer and employer.

Sorry, my mistake - should read 2003 and 2004.
My case was auto remanded in 2003.

vvk01 said:
Congratulations!!!!!
Was your case Auto-Remanded in Apr 2004? Most of the Auto Remands happened from Apr through Aug 2003. I believe DOL stooped that practice by issuing mamorandum to Cert Officers in Oct 2003.

which DOL queue?

Hi All,
Does any one know if the employer can decide which DOL queue the Lc does into after it clears the SWA queue. Or does the location of company head quarters have any bearing into the decision?
The reason I ask is, I work @ a branch of my company in OR although the company head quarters is in CA.

I got the following response from my company lawyer..
me:"Does my LC go to the Seattle DOL or San Francisco DOL?"
Lawyer:"San Francisco. Your priority date at the Regional Level is October 21, 2004. Currently they are processing applications received by them in March of 2003. Thus, your priority date of 10/21/2004 is compared to the date of March, 2003, in order to determine when your application will be processed. There is nothing else you need to do about your labor cert at this time."

If it is SFO DOL, could that mean:
1. that Seattle and SFO queues are merged?
2. my case went to SFO queue instead of Seattle!!! (2yrs @ SWA and another 2yrs @ DOL??)

Thanks for your insight.

I called 1-415-975-4617 just now. To my big surprise, a man answered my call and said "hello". I didn't know what to say and the man hung up my call very soon. Does anybody here know what's happening on AVM?

Does Nevada has a different Queue

All,
I have been watching this forum for a while and I am finding this really useful. This weekend I called one of my friend who is working for a company in Reno. He said, his labor was approved in March 2004 and surprisingly his RD is July 2003. He also said, one of his coleagues RD is June 2003 and he got the approval on the same time(March 2004).
I am under the impression that, Nevada comesunder SFO DOL and their appcaitions gets processed in the same Queue. But then my frinds info. proves this wrong. Anyone has any clue on whats going on here.

Thanks

unclear said:
I called 1-415-975-4617 just now. To my big surprise, a man answered my call and said "hello". I didn't know what to say and the man hung up my call very soon. Does anybody here know what's happening on AVM?

The AVM is responding with "Case not found" for all cases, obiviously the AVM is having some problem... i hope they will re-start the server or something

cpallapothula said:
All,
I have been watching this forum for a while and I am finding this really useful. This weekend I called one of my friend who is working for a company in Reno. He said, his labor was approved in March 2004 and surprisingly his RD is July 2003. He also said, one of his coleagues RD is June 2003 and he got the approval on the same time(March 2004).
I am under the impression that, Nevada comesunder SFO DOL and their appcaitions gets processed in the same Queue. But then my frinds info. proves this wrong. Anyone has any clue on whats going on here.

Thanks

YES SF DOL is processing Cases of California & Other States in seperate Queue... if you call 1-415-975-4601 (press 1,1) you will find out current processing date for California & other western states ( which is different).

navdod said:
Hi All,
Does any one know if the employer can decide which DOL queue the Lc does into after it clears the SWA queue. Or does the location of company head quarters have any bearing into the decision?
The reason I ask is, I work @ a branch of my company in OR although the company head quarters is in CA.

I got the following response from my company lawyer..
me:"Does my LC go to the Seattle DOL or San Francisco DOL?"
Lawyer:"San Francisco. Your priority date at the Regional Level is October 21, 2004. Currently they are processing applications received by them in March of 2003. Thus, your priority date of 10/21/2004 is compared to the date of March, 2003, in order to determine when your application will be processed. There is nothing else you need to do about your labor cert at this time."

If it is SFO DOL, could that mean:
1. that Seattle and SFO queues are merged?
2. my case went to SFO queue instead of Seattle!!! (2yrs @ SWA and another 2yrs @ DOL??)

Thanks for your insight.

Not True...
You case should go to Seattle Queue in San Fran DOL... Which is I believe processing April 2004.

I am completely confused and in a dilemma.
Any advice , any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Here is my situation - SFO DOL RD is June 2003 - which means my case is forwarded to one of the BEC centers. My current company is not in that good a shape . Not sure how long it will last - 1 year or less. So, I am not sure if it will last long enough for the whole GC process ( I 140 / 485 ) .Anyways I140 . 485 is a long way now. No one knows how long my case in the BEC center will take to clear now...

There is another company willing to apply for my Labor from Maine. it's a more stable company.But it will be a new application from Maine.

Considering this confusing situation that has been created with BEC centers , NPC centers, PERM ...bla bla... I am so confused about whether to leave my current employer and join the company willing to process from Maine.

What is better - continue with current employer and SFO DOL or join new company and file new application from Maine ?

I have never been a position where I unable to make a decision - this is so frustrating.

Please advice . :confused:

Does anyone know if only cases from SFO DOL forwarded to Dallas / Philly BEC ?
What bout the other DOL Centers - any cases from other centers also forwarded to BEC?

Nirvan said:
All case with SFO DOL RD(May 2003 or later for RIR) and RD(OCT 2003 or later for Non RIR) are transferred to either Dallas or Phily BEC.
Source: 415 975 4601 (press 1 and press1)

well it doesn't seem to me that the FIFO of Dol is the same as the one we understand. here is the proof:

1- when BEc pick up most of the cases from SF till this day, which is november 2004, this means that they will process people who got their lc in SF queue till oct 2004 although other people in other regional or state offices are waiting since 2001. this is not a FIFO, this is a stupidity.

2- according to what i explained above, i think FIFO for DOl means that they will pick up a whole center or state office and clear it ,then go to another according to actual processing time. agree?

At Long Last!

VERY Long time lurker...

Finally the AVM (now working again!) said the magic word "CERTIFIED"

Thanks for all the encouragement and info this forum provides, good luck to all of you!!

PD: Can't remember :confused:
RD at DOL: 03/13/2003
DOT: 999.151-031
Small company, no layoffs
Approved :11/01/2004 :D

How long is concurrent 480/485 taking now in CAL?