San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dabmanu said:
------------------------------------------------------
WaitingLC,
I dont have complete info. here is what I have
1) BS + 0 years
2) I believe same as #1
3) Don't know
4) No RFE/NOF

Good luck with your LC process.

dabmanu,

Thanks for the information...
Is your company had any layoffs and is your company is big/med/small?
Thanks for the help in advance...

Hey GP,

Yeah, DOL seems to have slowed down again.... Or maybe, they are not updating the AVM.... 'Cause AVM seems to be updated on saturdays unlike usual..... Either case they went pretty fast upto 01/15/2003 and now they are back to snail pace.....

gp111 said:
Does Anybody have any idea why DOL slowed down / almost stopped processing Jan 03 cases ? It have been processing Jan 17 for last few days & still half of the Jan 17 cases are in "RECEIVED" Status...

montush said:
We are also in the same boat. Hope the news is really true. I tried looking up on Sheela Murthy website but couldn't see this anywhere.

waiting....hope against hope.

It is the same old story. If we read it correctly it says that all cases that require MORE than a B.S will be considered where as cases with B.S + 0 years are going to stay with the EDD....

Certified...

DOL RD: Jan 17th, 2003
Case No: 095449xx
Certified on: Jun 17, 2004
DOT: 999.151-032

Company: big software company, some layoffs, based in bay area

OMB Review Deadline for PERM Final Regulation Review - June 21, 2004

OMB Review Deadline for PERM Final Regulation Review - June 21, 2004

The regulations of the agencies are reviewed by the OIRA (Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs) within the OMB (Office of Management and Budget) under the Executive Order 12866 which was published in the Federal Register, Volume 58, No. 190, October 4, 1993. Under Section 6 (b)(2)(B) of the Executive Order, in the current instance of PERM regulation situation, the OIRA is required to complete the review within 90 days from the date of receipt of the information from the agency, which expired on May 21, 2004. However, Section 6(b)(2)(C) provides that the review process may be extended (1) once by no more than 30 calendar days under the written approval of the Director and (2) at the request of the agency head. At the AILA Annual Conference in Philadelphia, the Chief of the Foreign Labor Certification of DOL indeed admitted that on May 21, the OMB's 90-day deadline expired and the DOL requested OIRA for extension. It thus appears that neither the OMB nor DOL can extend the completion of the review process beyond June 21, 2004, next Monday. It is thus obvious that whether there is a published report or not, the OMB review will be completed by next Monday and the DOL will publish it in the federal register at certain date thereafter, which is likely early July.

Someone from our office asked our HR guys about this news and
they said that this news is mis-typed and the correct news should
be as follows :
DOL stated that all RIR cases had been returned to the Region except those cases where the position required BS + 0 years experience or cases where the employer requested that the case be remanded to the SWA. The DOL did have the state return cases that were remanded at the employer's request if the job requirements made the case approvable under the Carlson Memo (BS +3, MS + 6 mo); however, for all other RIR cases where the employer requested remand, DOL is not recalling them. Those cases are still at EDD, and remain in the regular, non-RIR queue for processing.

vvk01 said:
Has anyone seen BS+0 LC returned to DOL from SWA recently?

From http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/dolswa1404.html

Cases that do not require at least a Bachelors degree (with no experience) or which were requested by the employer to be sent back to the State for recruitment, have been returned to the Region from the States. All of these cases have been “touched” by the Region, which does not mean completed. These cases have been placed back in the Regional Office’s queue according to the original RO receipt. The Region is now working cases with a December 2002 RO date and earlier. Inquiries may be made either by calling 415-975-4601and leaving a message or by faxing an inquiry to 415-975-4660. In either case all the relevant information should be provided to locate the case and responses should be received in 24-48 hours.

Makes sense - 3 Years for a labor still no clue when they will process that to me is.

bhadrinath said:
be as follows :
DOL stated that all RIR cases had been returned to the Region except those cases where the position required BS + 0 years experience or cases where the employer requested that the case be remanded to the SWA. The DOL did have the state return cases that were remanded at the employer's request if the job requirements made the case approvable under the Carlson Memo (BS +3, MS + 6 mo); however, for all other RIR cases where the employer requested remand, DOL is not recalling them. Those cases are still at EDD, and remain in the regular, non-RIR queue for processing.

Looks like what Bhadrinath mentioned makes sense, because we have not seen any approval or any action on cases remaned with BS+0 experience.

To me, I think we are the most unfortunate because we dont know when any action at all will be taken with remanded cases with zero experience. Also me I am so unfortunate becuase my attorney applied with zero experience when I had more than 5 years experience when I joined my company.

Atleast others who are in the queue know at what time frame they will process thier application may months from now. If that itself is furstrating think about us....you might be litttle relieved.

But for us....we just hope we have a job till they make any decision on our labor and then again I140..485........after all these I am still here In U.S. because I think may GOD has some purpose in my life...(May sound wierd) but I think thats true....

Just pouring my feelings here...........Good Luck to rest...

3 Years for a labor still no clue when they will process that to me is......dont know what to say...

Cheers

Does anyone know when the news about 'Remand' is posted in the updates section?

Is it possible that the HR people hasn't checked the latest case statuses? They may just repeat the information that we knew months ago.

:confused:

bhadrinath said:
be as follows :

It is definitley not old news....

because in the earlier guidelines there was no information about emplyer remanded cases. Our case adheres to the Carlson memo (employer remanded) but the phone status still says "remanded back to state", so we are hoping that it does go back to the DOL.
Just hoping this news is actually a guideline, since not heard about it anywhere.

7th year H1 extension and transfer

Guys,
Please help,
Labour filed in California 2001 August, RIR denied and is now back to Regular Queue.
H1 expiring Dec'04. Employer ready to extend my h1 for 7th year.

I think my job is stable for one year so i do not want to leave my job also for now.
After one year i am not sure, so if i decide to switch employee during my 7th year
is it possible?
(If the new employer has an approved labour OR is willing to file for one in fast
moving states).?

Not sure what this really means. My case was remanded in April, 2003. AVM still says remanded to state. Does this mean that my case is in the Non RIR queue ??. Can someone shed some light please ?????

vishu6 said:
So after waiting for over two years this is what my case looks like:
PD:8/01
Case transferred to DOL : 7/02
Case remanded by DOL : 5/03

My HR sent me an email saying that my case has been moved to regular processing as RIR was rejected and it will take another 2-3 years before DOL opens the case again.I looked up the DOL processing time and it says 6/02 for regular.....
so now my question:
1. What actually happened with my case? Is someone else in the same boat?
2. I dont believe my HR saying that it will take another 2-3 years before they open the case again...
Does it mean that they have put the file aside and will open it after a while or they just put the case in the regular processing queue and maybe they will open my case when they start processing 7/02 ...
Please help as I have not much time left on my H1 and I need to make a decision about this GC haveing some hope or its better to start a new H1 somewhere else. I work for a networking startup which has had layoffs....
HI Vishu6:

In which State your case was applied and what was your position?

Case Status..

Hi there,
My labor application was transferred from state to the SFO DOL in 2003. My questions are:
1. How do I find the case number (I do have a copy of the letter that EDD sent stating that the case has been transfered to SFO). But, I don't see any reference to a case number.
2. Is there a number/web-site that I could use to ensure that the SFO office has received my application (status??).
Thanks
Ela

Labor certified
DOL RD Jan 17, 2003
Biochemist at top biotech firm in Bay Area
To all the biochemists on this forum (seems like there are fewer than 0.001%!!!) hang in there....slowly but surely u will receive ur approval and wishing all the others Good Luck!

COngratulations & Good Luck for further stages...

What Date your LC was approved (I guess June 15) & is it updated on AVM ??

thanks in advance

rk74 said:
Labor certified
DOL RD Jan 17, 2003
To all the biochemists on this forum (seems like there are fewer than 0.001%!!!) hang in there....slowly but surely u will receive ur approval and wishing all the others Good Luck!

Can you tell me you qualification, Ph.D or MS etc.

Thanks for your help

rk74 said:
Labor certified
DOL RD Jan 17, 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.