San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rajibghosh Hi,

I have been reading these posts for the last few months. Can someone tell me how to access the AVM? What is the phone number? What information do I need to check my case status?

My LC was forwarded from SESA to DOL on 3/7/2004.

Thx.

Hi Rajib,
the IVR PHONE NUMBER IS 415-975-4617 EXT 1-1

Thanks
Csrini1

Lawyer received approval letter

Hello All,

Just wanted to keep the forum posted. My lawyer informed me that they have received my LC approval letter from DOL. My case details are -

MS + 3yrs
DOT Code 999.151-032
SESA - Feb 02
DOL - 09 Jan 03
Approved - May 24/25/26, 2004

Wish you all good luck !

filed through North Dakota

Hi all/gp111,

Though its not appropriate, i am posting here as i could see very good info here, I have come to know that People are getting state labor approved from the following states

South Dakota,
North Dakota,
Montona ,
Utah,
Wyoming.

and their case being sent to DALLAS DOL for federal. Where as per the chart they are supposed to go to DENVER DOL.

My case is also filed through North Dakota.

Please let me know. if anyone u know has Federal Labor being approved from Denver.

my case

My case :
PD : 7/25/2001
Went to region : 4/29/2002
RIR denied, was given three options from DOL
Our company and lawyer and company decided to move back from RIR to non-RIR
Remanded to state on :5/15/2003
DOT Code : 999.151-051 ( Computer Systems Analysts)

Called Sacromento ( on new number - 916-653-5100 ) two days back and was told that my application is in non-RIR que and would be processed as per non-RIR que with PD of 07/25/2001. She also told be that as of current work load, this might take 4-5 years to touch my application.

My lawyer told me not to call DOL - They might get angry and may put your case aside. As per him, we still have chance of getting it approved.

I am on 7th year H1 and thinking to go back to india now.

On 7th year H-1, If I get approved labor from other company ( other state ), can I file for 485 and 140 without leaving my current company ??

Let me know if anybody knows about it. I am also going to get paid consultation from a lawyer and post whatever reply I get from them.

ediman said:
My case :
On 7th year H-1, If I get approved labor from other company ( other state ), can I file for 485 and 140 without leaving my current company ??
QUOTE]

Sorry to hear the information... Yes you can apply for I-485/I-140 using labor from other company without leaving your current company... you will keep on getting H1 extensions on base of you current LC application & meantime you can wait for Green Card from other company.

wish you good luck

When does cases appear on AVM?

Thanks Csrini1.

My case was forwarded to DOL on 3/7/04 (According to the letter my lawyers gave me fom SESA). However I just checked on AVM and my case is still not there. My company (a small startup) has 2 other cases on AVM as well at the flc data center web site. My case is on neither. Does anybody know how uptodate AVM is? I know the web site only has cases upto December 2003.

Thanks.

csrini1 said:
rajibghosh Hi,

I have been reading these posts for the last few months. Can someone tell me how to access the AVM? What is the phone number? What information do I need to check my case status?

My LC was forwarded from SESA to DOL on 3/7/2004.

Thx.

Hi Rajib,
the IVR PHONE NUMBER IS 415-975-4617 EXT 1-1

Thanks
Csrini1

PERM will come for sure in 2004

Message (reliable source) from the latest annual AILA meeting (06/09~06/13) says the PERM will be published in 30 days. And the date of implementation for PERM will be 120 days after the publication date. The detail new rule is not yet clear. But the basic ad requirement is two weekend newspaper ad at four weeks interval, which should be 1~6 months ahead of appliction date. For bachelor degree above, extra ad is needed such as Internet, headhunter, DOL database, campus ad, etc. No special job requirement is allowed as RIR. OMB had been studying PERM since 02/23/04, no signaficant modification is proposed. DOL will announce before 21/06.

Finally. finally, PERM will be started around Nov, 2004.

I'm more interested to see how RIR can be converted to PERM.

ascii :)

ediman said:
My case :
PD : 7/25/2001
Went to region : 4/29/2002
RIR denied, was given three options from DOL
Our company and lawyer and company decided to move back from RIR to non-RIR
Remanded to state on :5/15/2003
DOT Code : 999.151-051 ( Computer Systems Analysts)

Called Sacromento ( on new number - 916-653-5100 ) two days back and was told that my application is in non-RIR que and would be processed as per non-RIR que with PD of 07/25/2001. She also told be that as of current work load, this might take 4-5 years to touch my application.

My lawyer told me not to call DOL - They might get angry and may put your case aside. As per him, we still have chance of getting it approved.

I am on 7th year H1 and thinking to go back to india now.

Let me know if anybody knows about it. I am also going to get paid consultation from a lawyer and post whatever reply I get from them.

Can you please tell me what is the requirement for your positon(Like degree + experince) ..And How much you have kept (exp + degree) ...
Have you got any reason why it is denied.Thanks.sorry to hear that..I hope you will get something soon..

Rajibghosh..

It takes about 5 to 7 months to get receipt of your case from DOL & on AVM.. Mine took about 6 months before it showed up on AVM. Website is only accurate till first week on August 2003.

thanks

rajibghosh said:
Thanks Csrini1.

My case was forwarded to DOL on 3/7/04 (According to the letter my lawyers gave me fom SESA). However I just checked on AVM and my case is still not there. My company (a small startup) has 2 other cases on AVM as well at the flc data center web site. My case is on neither. Does anybody know how uptodate AVM is? I know the web site only has cases upto December 2003.

Thanks.

My case was forwarded to DOL on 1/27/04 (per SESA) - I check AVM everyday since then and finally my case was entered into the system (today is 06/11/04). They have huge backlogs and it would take at least 4 months to get the paperwork in the system. Yours should probably be in 1-2 month later. don't worry! :)

rajibghosh said:
Thanks Csrini1.

Thanks.

thanks for your info!! so - any clue on how long it would take to certify a labor cert under PERM? did they mention it in the AILA meeting?

ascii said:
Message (reliable source) from the latest annual AILA meeting (06/09~06/13) says the PERM will be published in 30 days. And the date of implementation for PERM will be 120 days after the publication date. The detail new rule is not yet clear. But the basic ad requirement is two weekend newspaper ad at four weeks interval, which should be 1~6 months ahead of appliction date. For bachelor degree above, extra ad is needed such as Internet, headhunter, DOL database, campus ad, etc. No special job requirement is allowed as RIR. OMB had been studying PERM since 02/23/04, no signaficant modification is proposed. DOL will announce before 21/06.

Finally. finally, PERM will be started around Nov, 2004.

I'm more interested to see how RIR can be converted to PERM.

ascii :)

I just found my case in the AVM system! Finally...

PD: 03/06/03
xfer to DOL: 01/27/04
RD: 01/30/04
DOT: 999-132-051

can anyone tell me if there is any meaning for the middle three digits of the DOT number???? mine is 132 and i noticed many others are with 151...

In_GC_Race said:
All,
Is there is a way to find out more details about a Case Number other than what the AVM says (like the salry, company etc.). AVM just gives the case num, recd date, DOT code and status. The http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp, site does not show the case number which I am looking for, under my Company's name.

I am trying to locate my case number by Company's phone number (since lawyers will not give me the case number). Now, I found a few from the AVM, just trying to make sure that it is really my case number.

Any thoughts?

Check out this DOL web site: http://www.oalj.dol.gov/public/dot/refrnc/dotparts.htm

It talks about what the DOT codes are. I couldn't find what "999" means, i guess miscellaneous-something-something. But, it explains what the second and the third group of digits mean.

i_am_lost said:
I just found my case in the AVM system! Finally...

PD: 03/06/03
xfer to DOL: 01/27/04
RD: 01/30/04
DOT: 999-132-051

can anyone tell me if there is any meaning for the middle three digits of the DOT number???? mine is 132 and i noticed many others are with 151...

Hi - do you by chance have any idea when your LC would be approved? Thank you...

runaway73 said:
There are always loopholes that you can find in the law. The suggested one I have is to convert the traditional labor certification application you have to the new PERM program that will be implemented at the end of the year.

On another note, DOL has obtained funding and will initiating backlog reduction centers. As a matter of fact, I have seen 8 postings on the DOL website for open positions for directors to manage those back log programs at difference states.

For now, just sit back and relax for few months and once everythign is clear by the end of year, you can shape your plan accordingly.

I guess it's still 21 days

The oringinal proposal is 21 days cert under PERM. I don't have this info on coming new rule pulblishing. Only info is that OMB has not changed too much.

ascii

i_am_lost said:
thanks for your info!! so - any clue on how long it would take to certify a labor cert under PERM? did they mention it in the AILA meeting?

No approved cases in this week, Means the great DOL again went to sleep. Or do you guys think they are processing some of the backlogs as of JAN-15

ascii,
On the contrary, it may yake more than 21 days under PERM from the following article.

http://murthy.com/news/n_dolper.html
--murali

>The oringinal proposal is 21 days cert under PERM. I don't have this info on >coming new rule pulblishing. Only info is that OMB has not changed too >much.

>ascii

certified

keep silient for a long time. Just heard from the phone that my case is certified:

095450xx 999.172-071 01/17/2003.

chip startup in bayarea, almost no layoff. I am the 4th employee and now around 50 in this site.

Thank you so much and see you I140/485.

Status
Not open for further replies.