San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WA State

Hi, all. It is my understanding that SF Regional has Washingtion State under its jurisdiction. It is also my understanding that recently the AVM message has been breaking out the dates by state. If this is true, could someone please tell me what date was mentioned for WA state. Thank you very much.

hrithikroshan11 ,
can u please tell us how do we find the case number?

Originally posted by hrithikroshan11
You can find your case number if you know the approximate date of filing of your labor application and the salary.

Employer Remanded Cases

Are there any updates on employer remanded cases? Please post a note if there are any updates.

Thanks!

Employer remanded cases

My company sent a letter to DOL to reconsider the cases that are qualified (BS+3 years ..), but DOL has denied the request quoting 11/03 guidance memo from their headquarters, they, as a regional office, do not have authority to request such cases back from the state.

Thanks,
Waiting forLC

Last edited by a moderator:
gp111

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Would it be safe to say that for WA state one should continue to look at the Seattle DOL priority dates (rather than the one for San Fran) ? Or, am I off base ?

The reason I ask is as follows. I had heard that Seattle DOL responsibilities have transferred to San Fran DOL. Moving forward, WA state approved petitions are now being sent to San Fran. Any petitions that were received at Seattle DOL prior to the transfer of responsibilities (to SF) are being completed in Seattle to empty their queue.

According to my lawyer, I was transferred to San Fran DOL on March 15 th. As far as he is concerned I should be looking at the San Fran DOL RIR date (which is near the end of 2002).

If you don't mind, could you please add some clarity if you know something about this ? Thank you very much.

WaitngPatiently

As far as I know, SF DOL processes applications received from CALIFORNIA region & WA region seperately. So WA applicants should follow WA Dates not California Dates.. ( Check AVM, they clearly says that !)

WP, your lawyer is an idiot if he does not know that. Most of them are, anyway. My lawyer did not file my papers in time, hence, I had to leave the country (could not take advantage of the 7th year ext). My LC app, RIR, is waiting at the WA queue in SF. It was received at SF on 10/20/2003. You should follow the Seattle date which is 10/03. No updates till yesterday. So, I'm hoping it will clear sometime this month, unless the attorney has screwed it up again !!! I will update this thread if anything comes up.

trantula

I'm getting a clearer picture of all this now.

What happened to you is extremely unfortunate.

Should I just be checking the Seattle date posted on the government website or is it better to be checking the AVM?

Re: Employer remanded cases

Same with my company. The HR people met with SF DOL
people regarding this and it was denied citiing the
11/03 memo.
But, rumours have been heard at AILA, that
DOL might consider these type of cases. Dont know
at this point whats the hold up.

-----

Originally posted by waiting forLC
My company sent a letter to DOL to reconsider the cases that are qualified (BS+3 years ..), but DOL has denied the request quoting 11/03 guidance memo from their headquarters, they, as a regional office, do not have authority to request such cases back from the state.

Thanks,
Waiting forLC

Re: trantula

Originally posted by WaitngPatiently
I'm getting a clearer picture of all this now.

What happened to you is extremely unfortunate.

Should I just be checking the Seattle date posted on the government website or is it better to be checking the AVM?

Check both. I'm not sure if the dates are correct but I think they are pretty close to what the DOLs are processing. So, follow the Seattle DOL dates and check the avm for your case. You can check by case # or employer phone #.

DOL took 6 months to process 3 weeks worth of applications, from Nov to Dec 2002 !!! Now they are in Dec 2002. You can do your math.

Originally posted by Raju_2004
Hello all,
My DOL RD is 02/12/2003. How long do you think DOL would take to get there at the current pace?
Thanks

I think DOL is processing around Mid December now. Around the middle of March, they were processing around beginning of December. In other words, you can say that for every month's worth of cases, they need two months to process such cases. If you are around mid February and they are around mid december (two months difference), that means it will take them about four months to reach your case.

Expect your application to be processed around August or September if you are lucky.

There are news about backlog reduction centers operated by private contractors to be launched by October of next year. No one knows what will happen. Back in 1998, I remember the DOL having backlogs worth about 4 years of applications. At those times, 7 and 8th year H-1B extensions were not available. Accordingly, many people could not get their green cards approved and they sought other alternatives (basically they left the country)

Good luck

Originally posted by Raju_2004
Hello all,
My DOL RD is 02/12/2003. How long do you think DOL would take to get there at the current pace?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
PERM Update

Here are the news about the PERM updates.

04/19/2004: PERM Labor Certification Program: Probable Launch Date of 10/01/2004?

The final rule of the PERM was received by the OMB for its review on February 23, 2004. Since this review is not considered economically significant, it is likely that the review may be completed in 90 days, most likely by Mary 26, 2004. Since the DOL plans launch the program 120 days after the release of the regulation, the final rule may be published on June 1, 2004 with the start date of October 1, 2004. The proposed FY 2005 budget already earmarked for the PERM. Once it is published, the final rule will specify the required recruitment sources, types of recruitment, and the standards of recruitment. It is thus likely that the employers may be able to launch the recruitment campaign as soon as the final rule is published. Please stay tuned to this web site for the development of this news.

guys is thr any site or way one can track h1b extension case .............and how long its taking these days ?
thanx
tony

about Remanded case approval SF DOL

I saw a case remanded in June 2003 approved in April 2004. I like to know your back ground like how many years experience/etc?
Because some one told me they approve only EB2 category cases now. Is that true pls let me know

MY LC applied in 2001 Nov
2002 October SWA sent to DOL
2003 October Fed remanded to SWA.

No hearing there afer.
Is anybody else is same situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.