San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any approvals of Dec 2002 cases?

Haven't seen any new approvals for cases later than 12/03/02. Please post and share if you get yours.

DOL 12/16/02
still waiting....

Substituion since LC was deined?

My attorney is suggesting that we go ahead with a labor substitution, since DOL rejected my LC. Is that possible? Does anyone know what the cost is or has undergone such a process?
Thanks
Bored1

Re: Re: Certified!!!!

When you redo the AD and reply the NOF, did your employer add more requirements?
- They (HR and lawyer) asked me if there is anything that they could add. I was only able to add one technical skill to the new ad. This change did not add any new papers to the original case.
My lawyer said that she could amend ETA-750A and ETA-750B if I could show her experience that I gained prior to joining my current employer. I did not have any, so we did not go that route. If your lawyer knows how to do this, you should add these new requirements (technical skills, degree, experience) in the new ad.
If your company is hiring new people in your department, you can mention in the ad that there are multiple openings for this position. In this way, if your employer finds a match after running the ad and if they have to hire the candidate, they can still argue your case.

Also did your employer contact the state SESA to pull your case back to DOL?
- My case was a quite complicated one. It was not auto remanded; however, it was remanded as a non-RIR. My lawyer contact DOL and stated our position and it changed from non-RIR to pending RIR at SESA. After providing additional documents to SESA, they processed my case as RIR and forwarded it to DOL. It is not true that a BS+0 is automatically considered a non-RIR case.

cadolslow

Originally posted by maggie_LC
Congras!!!

I am also in BS+0 category although I have MS+1. My lawyer said that's a common practice back to then.

Can I ask you a question? When you redo the AD and reply the NOF, did your employer add more requirements? Like making it a BS + 3 or MS? Or just kept BS+0?

Also did your employer contact the state SESA to pull your case back to DOL? Because BS + 0 is not qualified for coming back to DOL after remand...

Thanks a lot!!

bored1

Really sorry for your LC denied.

Substitution usually should be used in the context, if you have an already approved labor from your own company. The way you wanted is forum shopping which is not the right way to do or should I say illegal.

Try your company first for any approved labor which matches your Job Requirement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Labor Certified

Hi All,

Dol date : 12/19/02
EB3, Job requirement was BS+0 had MS from US With 2yrs+. No lay offs. Got email from my lawyer on 02/25/04

Thanks

labor certified

finally i heard the good news on AVM .

DOL rvd date 12-09-2002.
EB2 RIR .
MS + 3 years experience.

dot Code ***-031
certified on april 2nd 2004.

yet to hear from the lawyer.

goodl uck to every one. this forum gave me lot of information over the last two years .

Re: Labor Certified

Are you in California or some other state but applied through California. Your application was processed faster than the others.

Originally posted by aaaone
Hi All,

Dol date : 12/19/02
EB3, Job requirement was BS+0 had MS from US With 2yrs+. No lay offs. Got email from my lawyer on 02/25/04

Thanks

kalmad & aaaone

Congratulations & good luck for I-140/485..

Hoping that DOL comes out of "JULY to Dec 2002" soon & start processing 2003 cases.

Hi,

My case was auto-remanded to state on July 14, 2003 and by now the DOL voice query system still said that my case was remanded. Job requirement is MS+0 year experience. Can anybody tell me what I should do in order to query my case from EDD or DOL?

Thanks!

Re: bored1

I think you totally misunderstood. My company has a certification they are ready to use. I just wanted to know of any prior/other experiences that people would want to share
Thanks
Bored1

Originally posted by Titan01
Really sorry for your LC denied.

Substitution usually should be used in the context, if you have an already approved labor from your own company. The way you wanted is forum shopping which is not the right way to do or should I say illegal.

Try your company first for any approved labor which matches your Job Requirement.

Re: Re: bored1

If your company already has an approved labor, the cost will be just the lawyer cost. You can substitute a labor if the skills and educational/work requirement in the approved labour matches your skills and educational/work requirement on the date the labor was filed (the approved one).

Originally posted by bored1
I think you totally misunderstood. My company has a certification they are ready to use. I just wanted to know of any prior/other experiences that people would want to share
Thanks
Bored1

dec is moving :)

Hey guys,

Nice to see more approvals from December - please keep it coming :)

waiting for it to move to 2003 approvals now ;-)

dec moving?

I dont follow this newsgroup on a regular basis. I'm surprised to hear Dec. is moving. Does anyone know which date in Dec. is currently in progress. The DOL website http://ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp still shows SF office is processing Nov 2002. I guess they dont update their website very frequently!

PD SESA - 8/30/2001
NOF from SESA - 8/16/2002, replied 8/30/2002
RD DOL - 9/11/2002
Autoremanded - 6/27/2003
Returned by the state - 1/6/2004
NOF from DOL - 2/2004, replied 3/18/2004
Certified - 4/6/2004

Waiting for confirmation from lawyers.

:D

Re: Re: Re: bored1

I have a similar situation. My company has an approved labor but in different state. They have closed that branch now. Is there any way i can use this labor. My HR is dumb, But if there is a way that i can use it i can press my manager(he is good though)...

Originally posted by lca_001
If your company already has an approved labor, the cost will be just the lawyer cost. You can substitute a labor if the skills and educational/work requirement in the approved labour matches your skills and educational/work requirement on the date the labor was filed (the approved one).

gp111

Thanks for the response. Yes I do check the AVM on occasion, but didnt know that it gets updated anywhere close to the frequency you mentioned!! Thats cool... I'm in CA-Bay area. My LC (filed under RIR)was received at SFO Regional office on 12/16/2002. I never got NOF and am still waiting to hear something like many others! But from reading some postings in this forum looks like they are processing a lot of applications that were remanded to state before they get to applications like mine. Have you heard of anyone out there whose LC was received by Regional office around the time mine was and whose LC got approved?

Need Help!!!

Hi,

I received 3 option letter in first week of Dec 2003. Did the retest and send the reply back. DOL received the reply on Jan 28th, 2004. It's been more than 60 days and we haven't heard anything from DOL. My lawyer says we have to wait for 90 days before we can send a query to DOL.

Is my lawyer correct??
What's the grace period before my lawyer contacts DOL??
Would it adversly affect my case if my lawyer send a query to DOL within 90 days??

Thanks
WaintingInHell. :confused:

My case history :
RD : 11/20/2002
NOF issued : First week of December 2003
Reply sent : Jan 28th, 2004
Present Status(AVM) : RECEIVED

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.