San Francisco Asylum Seekers 2019

Hello! Are they doing interviews in SF yet? People who recently applied or any recent update with SF office please update...

my Attorny told me San Francisco asylum office are closed. But if you find on google it’s open.... I don’t know what’s happening I’m completely depressed.
it should be operational in next few days; Have patience. Just call them & find out...

Hi all, I have sent my asylum application on 08th June 2020 received receipt notice on 10th June. It’s been 49 days i didn’t received any notice for biometrics. Is that normal? Please let me know thank you.

Hi all, I have sent my asylum application on 08th June 2020 received receipt notice on 10th June. It’s been 49 days i didn’t received any notice for biometrics. Is that normal? Please let me know thank you.
I don't think they have stared ASCs yet. Which office you applied? Interview notice?

Wow thats fast. It takes time at this moment. Everything is a big mess now

Hi there, anybody who applied from SFO asylum office and got any update. Please keep posted here.
I applied in August 2019, till date no update after biometric. Please share your experience
Thanks for creating this thread. One little suggestion...
You can modify name to "San Francisco Asylum Seekers 2019 and Later" so more people can join the thread :)

Few Tips on Asylum Process & Experiences: Thanks Fin :)

I finished my journey last year! So glad to be done with it…
For fellow Asylees , here are some of my pointers based on my personal experiences

1. Patience: The immigration process is a game of patience. You will most likely have delays but do not let this get to you. Keep living your life and do not think much about the process. Trust that it will happen. It took me from 2011 to 2019 from start to finish and I had setbacks like delays, denials, hearings postponed etc. Thankfully, I finished school, got a job, dated girls, bought a house, invested money etc. If I had let my immigration case drive my decisions then I would be far behind. Some may consider it a risky approach but everything comes with a risk and it’s better than sitting home depressed always thinking about something beyond your control.

2. If you can afford, always take a lawyer with you. There is a reason why even justice Kavanaugh had a lawyer representing him during his accusations. So did Rudy Guliani, an ex US attorney. It is very difficult to defend yourself in an adversarial situation. There are pro bono attorneys as well.

3. Read the law and make sure your attorney is doing it right. I found a lot about asylum and immigration law after my N400 was delayed due a s horrible experience with the adjudicator. I wish I had put in the effort to do this from the very beginning. I was clueless and knew very little.

4. Have a Plan B. These days things are getting tougher and tougher and unfortunately if you look at the history, immigration never gets easier, regardless of Trump. It got tougher during Obama than Bush time and Clinton time was easier than the 2000s. It may be beneficial to slowly start thinking about the possibility of moving to another safe country if things don’t work out here. We asylees obviously can’t move back home

Few Tips on Asylum Process & Experiences: Thanks busydoingnothin :)

Like Fin said above, don't let the immigration process get to you. Take the processing times and delays with a grain of salt because oftentimes it is not you, it is the system that is unfortunately flawed and can have major drawbacks.
While I was waiting for my asylum interview (which, by the way, took 3.7 years), I saved a lot of money, traveled across the US.
When I got approved and received asylum, I fixed all my teeth, got a surgery to fix my underbite and got braces (thank God, my job has a great insurance), traveled even more within the US, got a new car, went back to college.
Got my GC, went abroad for the first time since I got to the US, finally saw my family, graduate college, saved a lot of money.
This country has supported me all the way since day 1. I have never doubted it and I will serve it for the rest of my life even just simply for the person it has molded me into and all the experiences I lived through whether good or bad. It wasn't an easy journey and I am still on it but you just need to keep your head held high at all times because for some waiting times and delays can be discouraging.
As far as the asylum interview goes, always bring a lawyer, no matter what. It will save you money down the road. Never second guess yourself on that one.

Reactions: Kkf

Wondering if one needs to submit biometrics/fingerprints first to get the interview?