San Francisco Asylum Seekers 2019

Depends on your country of nationality and your personal life.
Did you receive "Recommended for approval"? I've seen a person on this forum who got his approval 4 months after the recommendation. No way to tell
Thanks for the reply. I didn't receive "Recommended Approval". Was the office of that person SF?

Received EAD approval letter.... here are the case timeline;

Submitted I589: 3rd August 2019
Biometric: 30th August 2019
Submitted EAD application: 3rd January 2020
EAD approved: 31st January 2020

Current Status: Waiting for Interview

How soon did you get your SSN in the mailbox assuming you ticked the box for SSN application when applying for the EAD?

I
How soon did you get your SSN in the mailbox assuming you ticked the box for SSN application when applying for the EAD?
i have no idea about that my attorney’s assistant told me UCSI will send you SSC by default if not submit after two weeks.

I've applied from SF as well.

Nov 8, 2019: Submitted i589
Jan 6, 2020: Received forms back from Nebraska SC. (not related to N/A, their failure to check for information)
Jan 8, 2020: Re-submitted i589

Still waiting for receipt notice. It's been 3 months now and still don't have a receipt notice, so time is not ticking for EAD as well.

I've applied from SF as well.

Jan 6, 2020: Received forms back from Nebraska SC. (not related to N/A, their failure to check for information)

Still waiting for receipt notice. It's been 3 months now and still don't have a receipt notice, so time is not ticking for EAD as well.
You sent in Jan. How come 3 months?

You sent in Jan. How come 3 months?

My first submission was on November 8th. And the reason for sending documents back: "they didn't check the suplement page on the application and thought that some info is missing on the application.
In total, 3 months without even receipt notice :/

Received notice today.

Updated timeline:
Jan 6, 2020: Received forms back from Nebraska Service Center
Feb 7, 2020: Notice generated
Feb 13, 2020: Notice received by mail
Feb 24, 2020: Biometric appointment date

Received notice today.

Updated timeline:
Jan 6, 2020: Received forms back from Nebraska Service Center
Feb 7, 2020: Notice generated
Feb 13, 2020: Notice received by mail
Feb 24, 2020: Biometric appointment date
I'm still waiting for the notice. I applied one week before you. Keep us updated

I'm still waiting for the notice. I applied one week before you. Keep us updated
I checked online with case number it says "Interview Scheduled" :)
I think they are now going fast. I've not received the date yet and wonder whether it's earlier than biometrics or not :)

Best of Luck!!! Thanks for the update
When did you receive the notices for biometric and interview respectively?
I'm trying to figure how much time the usually give in between those. Nebraska center has definitely slowed down since August

As far as I know, the interview is scheduled by the asylum office (in my case SF) not by the Nebraska Center. So I heard different cases about SF office from many people, from 2weeks to 3 months (after biometrics). I'll update you when I got the interview date.

Asylum applications in SF are submitted to the Nebraska Service Center by mail.
There are only 4 service centers in US and you need to file it accordingly. Details are here under the "Where to File" section.
They are processed there and then distributed to asylum offices based on your zipcode.
So Northern California residents need to send it to Nebraska, not to California service center.

I couldn't paste a link into the post to USCIS page, don't know why.
You can search for "uscis i589" on Google and find the gov page related to service center mapping based on county and state.