N-400 Mailed 12/14/2009 (FedEx)
N-400 Received 12/15/2009
NOtice Date /Priority Date : 12/17/2009
Check Cashed : 12/18/2009
LUD 12/19/2009
I-797C NOA I-797C Received 12/22/2009
FP letter sent 01/04/2010
LUD 01/06/2010
FP Letter Recvd 01/11/2010 (schedule for 1/22/2010)
FP Completed 01/12/2010 (Austin,TX)
Called FBI to check the status. Rep told me that FP infromation hasbeen sent to requested agency 01/15/2010he asked (A# / Last Name / SSN ) [# called 304 625 2000 ]
Yellow Letter Received : 01/16/2010 [Postal Date Shows 01/12/2010]
IL Received 01/22/2010
Interview Date 03/01/2010 11AM

In MUST BRING documents
Any evidence of selective service registration... ( I never registered)
Can I safely ignore ? or do i need to get any evnidence ?

N-400 Tampa

Hello,
I have not got my fingerprint letter yet as on priority date 12-22-2009.
Any body can tell me how long it taked for fortmyre ASC.

Kulfi,

How was the OATH ceremony? Where Aus or SA? Please give me more details....

Thanks!

OATH in San Antonio.

Reached 15 minutes late, There were about 230 people. Whole ceremony took 3 hours.No complication, everything smooth.
Just noticed that your interview was done on Jan 8th. Why you didn't get the OATH for 28th? I believe that there is another one on Feb 4th

Check it out

I was so hoping to get into the OATH ceremony on Jan 28. Now hoping it is for Feb 4. No site of OATH date letter yet. I am being patient, but need to travel abroad for business! Fingers crossed.

Kulfi, do they limit how many folks can come with you to the ceremony?

I was so hoping to get into the OATH ceremony on Jan 28. Now hoping it is for Feb 4. No site of OATH date letter yet. I am being patient, but need to travel abroad for business! Fingers crossed.

No, you can take any number of guests

I am scheduled for the oath ceremony in San Antonio on 02/25/2010. I received this notice on Jan 28th. I waited for a long time to get this notice as my interview was done way back on Dec 16th. I am not sure why they took so long. But happy it showed up at least now.

I am not sure why they are scheduling the Oath ceremonies really late. My interview was done on December 16th and I expected to be in the Oath ceremony on Jan 28th. Didn't happen. I received the notice for February 25th Oath on Jan 28th. My notice letter was dated Jan 6th and they could have easily put me down for the Oath ceremony on Jan 28th. No clue why things are beig dragged.

Kulfi -

Do you know if kids are allowed during the OATH ceremony? I have a 2 year old who stays home and I am thinking on what to do with him on OATH day. Any inputs is appreciated.

Kulfi -

Do you know if kids are allowed during the OATH ceremony? I have a 2 year old who stays home and I am thinking on what to do with him on OATH day. Any inputs is appreciated.

yes, kids are welcome. I also took my 22 months old to the OATH ceromony

yes, kids are welcome. I also took my 22 months old to the OATH ceromony

Kulfi,

Thanks for your reply. So I guess the kids can stay with us all the time during the oath ceremony or do we need to have them sit separetely from us. Since both my wife and I have the oath at the same time, do we get a chance to rotate the kid when the other is taking the Oath or going to the podium? Thank You.

My interview will be on the 18th, the day after tomorrow... I am now getting nervous:(....anyone can tell me what kind of questions the IO will ask regarding the N-400? Do I need to memorize everything on the form, like the dates of the trips, residency, employments, etc.? Also will the IO review those yes/no moral questions one by one?

Any advise will be appreciated, thanks!

All right guys! I am back from interview. Everything went through smoothly and I am now just waiting for the oath letter. According to the Officer, the oath ceremony on 25th is already full so hopefully I will be scheduled for the one in March (He said there will be at least one ceremony in each month).

Congratulation! Did you memorize N400 form? Please share your experience.

Yes, I do memorize everything but it's not necessary. The questions are like: is your name xxxx? did you marry to xxx on xxx date? do you live at xxx? did you leave the U.S. after you filed the N-400? did you file tax returns on time? did you ever claim yourself U.S. citizen? Basically all of them are Yes/No questions, you don't have to memorize those dates and addresses.

Jessi
You from Austin ? I have interview on March 1 2010 arond 11 am
could you please share few things?
Did you go to San Antonio and staryed prev night?
is enoough Parking avialble? or any nearest parking avialble?
Thank in advance

Hello - this is my first post. My naturalization interview is this Wed. I feel as prepped as one can be for this sort of thing!! :) I was super excited thinking there was an oath ceremony on the 25th but jessewei burst my bubble and said it's already full! Drats...!!!!

Here's my timeline..very similar to others who have posted for the San Antonio area:

Dec 3, 2009 - Sent N-400 via courier
Dec 8, 2009 - INS issued confirmation receipt
Dec 9, 2009 - INS Cashed check
Dec 24, 2009 - INS sent FB notice
Jan 5, 2010 - Yellow letter to bring license to interview
Jan 11, 2010 - Completed Biometrics/FB (was in and out in 30 minutes!)
Jan 14, 2010 - Received Interview appointment
Feb 24, 2010 - Interview

I went to San Antonio for my interview. Parking can be painful to get so go with a friend who can park as you get in. If you are going from Austin on 1-35S like I did, plan extra time due to construction on the highway and big waits of no traffic moving. I went the same morning. Left 2 hours before interview and reached in the nick of time. Leave early!!!