San Antonio TX - N-400 Timeline

Jessi
You from Austin ? I have interview on March 1 2010 arond 11 am
could you please share few things?
Did you go to San Antonio and staryed prev night?
is enoough Parking avialble? or any nearest parking avialble?
Thank in advance

I did not stay in San Antonio overnight. My interview was on 1:15pm, I was worrying about the traffic so I decided to leave on 10:30. Traffic was ok and I never got stuck on the highway, finally arrived on 11:50 and still had some time for lunch.There is a parking lot right next to the USCIS building and I found a space easily. You probably need to have a plan B for finding a parking as Monday is always supposed to be a busy day.

I had my interview on Wednesday at the San Antonio office. It was scheduled for 2:30 and they ran about 30 minutes behind. The IO was very personable although he had a heavy accent that it made it difficult to understand him at times. I sat first then he had me stand to do the oath. He reviewed my file, asked me to sign my name 5 times for practice, went through the Eng and Civics test and wrapped things up. I was with him for about 30 minutes.

A couple of notes:

a) Be sure to bring an extra set of 2 normal, passport style photos (not the ones with the ear shot). I had to get an extra set at the photo shop next to the Valero next to INS.
b) Triple check the form you are given at the end of the interview. Mine was incorrect - the IO had marked that my app was incomplete and that I was recommended for Citizenship. I asked him about it and he acknowledged the error and printed a new, accurate page. I'm glad I asked.
c) My IO asked 10 questions regardless if you got first 6 right..."what is freedom of religion", "what is the name of first 10 ammendments to Constitution", "what are 2 parts of US Congress", ""# of US Senators", "# of voting representatives in the house", "name a state that borders Canada", "when must all men register for selective services", "when was constitution written", "who wrote declaration of independence", "why are there 13 stripes on the flag"
d) I didn't even touch the 4-inch file of papers/copies that I brought to the interview...that felt like a waste of time.
e) IO said you should receive a letter 2 weeks after interview. The oath session for SA is tentatively scheduled for March 19th. They run monthly. Apparently the Austin sessions are 1x/year now..

Updated timeline:
Dec 3, 2009 - Sent N-400 via courier
Dec 8, 2009 - INS issued confirmation receipt
Dec 9, 2009 - INS Cashed check
Dec 24, 2009 - INS sent FB notice
Jan 5, 2010 - Yellow letter to bring license to interview
Jan 11, 2010 - Completed Biometrics/FB (was in and out in 30 minutes!)
Jan 14, 2010 - Received Interview appointment
Feb 24, 2010 - Interview - Passed!

tlnicholson

>> IO said you should receive a letter 2 weeks after interview. The oath session for SA is tentatively scheduled for March 19th. They run monthly. Apparently the Austin sessions are 1x/year now..

Thanks for sharing your information. We also had interviews in Feb 2010 (my wife on 02/09 and self on 02/17, both passed) and are waiting for oath letter. We both were told that, our oath letters should arrive in 30-60 days. I'll be curiously waiting for oath letter now, as appears oath session is on 03/19.

Hello There
Today I have completed my interview successfully. Immigration officer given the congrats letter. waiting for OTAH LETTER

DO: San Antonio [Filed from Austin]
N-400 Mailed 12/14/2009 (FedEx)
N-400 Received 12/15/2009
NOtice Date /Priority Date : 12/17/2009
Check Cashed : 12/18/2009
LUD 12/19/2009
I-797C NOA I-797C Received 12/22/2009
FP letter sent 01/04/2010
LUD 01/06/2010
FP Letter Recvd 01/11/2010 (schedule for 1/22/2010)
FP Completed 01/12/2010 (Austin,TX)
Called FBI to check the status. Rep told me that FP infromation hasbeen sent to requested agency 01/15/2010he asked (A# / Last Name / SSN ) [# called 304 625 2000 ]
Yellow Letter Received : 01/16/2010 [Postal Date Shows 01/12/2010]
IL Received 01/22/2010
Interview Date 03/01/2010 11AM
Interview Passed 03/01/2010

Received Oath Letter (03/18)

Received oath letter today, it's on 03/18 in San Antonio.
My interview date was 02/17, and my wife's was on 02/09.
Still waiting for her oath letter ......

Received oath letter today, it's on 03/18 in San Antonio.
My interview date was 02/17, and my wife's was on 02/09.
Still waiting for her oath letter ......

Thanks for the infromation.
I wish I will get sameone or another one on 3/25 (As per San antonio JUdge calander)

Congratulations, Redforgreen - can you tell me what time your oath ceremony is on the 18th? Thank you!!

It's at 2:00 PM.

All those interviewed in Feb and still waiting for oath letter please post here. (my wife is in same boat ..., hopefully she will get the letter soon).

redforgreen and citizenship1973 - were either of you (or your colleague's wife) signed up for electronic notfication for your case status? if so, did you receive an elec update re the ceremony or just the oath letter?.. my interview was 2/24 so I'm wondering if I *may* still get in for the ceremony on the 18th and whether I would hve a pre-alert in email/mobile. *fingers crossed*..please, please, please.. :)

yes my co-worker's wife did singup for automatic email notification. however she did not receive any update. still it shows the Teting & interview

3/18 Oath postponed

I got a call stating the same thing. I am thinking about going anyway Just to make sure. What about you?

Thanks