Sacramento Timeline

I got my application receipt dt. 10/22, not sure about the check, but that was quick and as stated, the FP letter came 1/04 with FP date 1/29.

I think it's explaination enough that you get a new date just one day after you have been down there. Don't you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Goofy.
Went down there this morning only to learn that my prints were Ok and nothing else needs to be done. Just to be on the safe side, I had the supervisor stamp and sign the appointment with a remark. Don't want to get stuck in the process because *something* wasn't done on my end.

IL invite would be next, I guess. Per the time lines I see here that should come in the next 6 weeks.

action123,

where did you file? Laguna? Just wondering why our NOA date is so different when we filed just a few days apart. Yet per FP we caught up. Took me 99 days and you 97.

Yes laguna niguel.
I think the problem is they moved their FP office to the new place.
So that's why it takes time. But still 97 days for Sacramento is a long time.
It used to be just 30 days if I'm not wrong.

So when you went for the FP was there anyone waiting for FP?
If no one was there or just 2 or 3 people, I'm thinking we should get IL very soon.

action123,

where did you file? Laguna? Just wondering why our NOA date is so different when we filed just a few days apart. Yet per FP we caught up. Took me 99 days and you 97.

Well,

I had my appointment at 10am on 1/29, my number was 54.
Assuming they don't recycle them within 2 hours after opening.

When I went the second time (this Tuesday) I was there before they opend and would estimate about 30 people. However, just from what I gathered, not many N400.

What's driving me nuts is that one cannot establish a reference model.

Right now I am living with the assumption of FP + 6 weeks for IL notice to arrive.

Would really be nice to have something more reliable for planning purposes.

Did you get your IL yet?

I've talked to friend in here. In 2006 N-400 just took about 4 months from start to finish. This is start make me nervous maybe I should do an infopass and make sure that my name check is clear. I don't think Sacramento have a lot of N400 application even for 2007 after the fee increase don't you think?

Any updates from Sacramento?

I am with you!
Since our timeline is fairly close, I would assume that once you get something, I'd be right behind. Though nothing as yet.

This is my reference timeline from one of the posters here
9/11/2007 49 Days for FP notice
10/9/2007 77 Days for Finger print
12/20/2007 149 Days for Interview Invite
1/28/2008 188 Days Interview Date
1/30/2008 190 Days Oath Notice
2/20/2008 211 Days Oath Date

Whilst it might be a little optimistic, I would assume a IL invite middle of March for me.
Thus his overall processing time AFTER the spike was about 7 month.

Have to hold on to something positive!!

It was a beautiful morning last Wednesday

Finally got my oath ceremony completed last wednesday (20th). It was such a surreal experience and i am still trying to take it in that i am a citizen of this country.
i was asked to be at the sacramento memorial auditorium at 7:30am and when i reached there at that time, i found a line all the way around that building. we were later told that there were 1950 people out of 2000 (yes you read the right - two thousand) that were schdeuled to take their oath that day.
Finally entered into the building at 9:15am where they took away our green card and provided us a book about america, and made sure the citizenship certificate was in their hands. inside the hall there must have been around 3000 people (new citizens + relatives/friends) with the oath takers in the lower level and the relatives/friends in the upper level.
The ceremony started at 10:00am, after a couple of speaches, the judge made us take our oath, then the pledge and then we were told to pick up our certificate after returning the oath letter.
Once that was done we were asked to submit our forms for the social security number as a US citizen. We were out of the auditorium by 11:45am.
Outside the auditorium, there were booths to register to vote with a booth for democrats and one for republican.

Whoha,

I wonder how long it took them to get the 2000 interviews done. Seems to me that there would potentially be a long wait between approval and oath, just so that they get the number together.

Congratulations!

Your total time was 211 days. Not sure from whom I got my reference time line, but he was also done with the exact same days.
That's around 7 month. I hope this will hold true going forward.

BTW, what does your online status indcate? Was there ever a change? Ever got an email?

Funny you asked me about the website. i took a look at it today and it still says

Receipt Number: WSC*00

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On August 3, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Does not look like anything changed on the website, and no i did not recieve any emails even though i think i remember providing my email address

Mine:

Mailed N400 Application - 7/24/2007
Application Received - 7/26/2007 ( delivery confirmation)
Priority Date - 7/26/07
Check Cashed - 08/08/07
FP Notice Received - 9/11/07
FP Appointment Date - 10/09/07
FP Done walk in - 10/09/07
Interview Notice Received - 12/20/07
Interview Date - 01/28/08
Oath Notice Received - 01/30/08
Oath Date - 02/20/08
-------------------------------------------

Spouse:

Application returned - 8/10/07 - 3 days earlier than 90 days
Application posted again - 8/24/2007
Application Received - 8/27/2007 ( delivery confirmation)
Priority Date - 8/27/07
Check Cashed - 10/30/07
FP Notice Received - 12/18/07
FP Appointment Date - 01/11/08
FP Done walk in - 01/11/08
Interview Notice Received - ??????????
Interview Date - ??????????
Oath Notice Received - ??????????
Oath Date - ??????????

For me 7 months for sacramento is ridiculous. If in San Francisco I understand since so many people from hayward, san ramon and my friend in San Francisco it took her 7months she just got interview last week.
But well what can I say.

Ok I was wrong but 2000 people in sacramento?
What do they do in here? that's kind a confusing

I am with you!
Since our timeline is fairly close, I would assume that once you get something, I'd be right behind. Though nothing as yet.

This is my reference timeline from one of the posters here
9/11/2007 49 Days for FP notice
10/9/2007 77 Days for Finger print
12/20/2007 149 Days for Interview Invite
1/28/2008 188 Days Interview Date
1/30/2008 190 Days Oath Notice
2/20/2008 211 Days Oath Date

Whilst it might be a little optimistic, I would assume a IL invite middle of March for me.
Thus his overall processing time AFTER the spike was about 7 month.

Have to hold on to something positive!!

My sacramento case status

N-400 Mailed to CSC: 07/28/2006
N-400 Received: 07/31/2006
1st FP Done: 08/10/2006 and FP clear
InfoPass: many times
2nd FP Done: 02/23/2008 and FP clear (1st FP expired)
Interview Date: ??
Oath Notice: ??
Oath Date: ??

It has been more than 19 months, this N400 ordeal is still not over:mad:

Well, I would assume (anyone please correct me) that the second FP was triggered administarively. Or that when he/she was up for interview scheduling they found the FP's out of date in order to proceed. Thus I hope that once the service center sends his stuff back, he/she is in line for the interview.

I really can't imagine there be an automated process that sends out a FP notice once the old one has expired.

Questions:

Any chance to have interview and oath done same day in Sacto?
I don't enjoy large crowds and would be very happy to get it done with rather w/o pomp and quiet.

I also hope that is the case, they are trying to schedule an interview for me. Just keep my fingers crossed. My case is delayed due to background check.

passport processed in one week... WOW

Well finally looks like there is some movement towards interview dates for the august filers.

My spouse got the interview letter yesterday for April 17th, but if they are going to wait for a big crowd for the the oath ceremony, then the oath date is just a wild guess for sacramento

Also suprising is that my passport was processed in one week, even though i had asked for regular processing( 3 weeks). i had applied on the 4th of March and the web site says that my passport has already been mailed and also mentions the tracking number online.

Mine:

Priority Date - 7/26/07
Check Cashed - 08/08/07
FP Notice Received - 9/11/07
FP Appointment Date - 10/09/07
FP Done walk in - 10/09/07
Interview Notice Received - 12/20/07
Interview Date - 01/28/08
Oath Notice Received - 01/30/08
Oath Date - 02/20/08
passport Applied - 3/4/08
passport posted (online) - 3/12/08
-------------------------------------------

Spouse:

Application returned - 8/10/07 - 3 days earlier than 90 days
Application posted again - 8/24/2007
Application Received - 8/27/2007 ( delivery confirmation)
Priority Date - 8/27/07
Check Cashed - 10/30/07
FP Notice Received - 12/18/07
FP Appointment Date - 01/11/08
FP Done walk in - 01/11/08
Interview Notice Received - 3/12/08
Interview Date - 4/17/08
Oath Notice Received - ??????????
Oath Date - ??????????
passport Applied - ????????
passport posted (online) - ?????????