S. 1932 Status

stucklabor said:
Pdak,

several conflicting reports.

1. GC_wait called and someone told him that the L1 and H1 fees did not make it but they did not know about the other provisions.

2. Hopeful called and she was told that some immigration provisions made it and some didn't.

3. Devin called the COngressional Budget Office and he was told that 8001/8002 made it and he confirmed that they were related to immigration.

4. Someone else called the same number and they were told that the person answering didn't have the required info.

5. Citzapplicant called the same number and he was told that the extra H1 fees made it and 8001 and 8002 both made it and the EB relief isn't there yet but negotiations are promising and it may make it before the deadline. Our luck being what it is, my conjecture is that the H1b made it from 8001 and L1b made it from 8002 but we can hope for the best. I am also skeptical about a budget office staffer knowing the details but the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune have made me pessimistic.

There you have it. I am no wiser than I was when you left.
Stucklabor and Sthishk,

Thanks for your update. Everyone stay awake. We have work hard so the suspense will be clear the moment the envelope is open.

Does anyone have the number of printing press that prints all the reports. We can get all the information from them.

All the updates are very surprising. Guys we want them to address the EB retrogression and I don't understand how come they have the H-1B and L-1 provision in and EB retrogression not in.

If h-1b and L-1 is in then eb should be in because EB is something which will not be a threat to anyone. Let's wait for some more time and see how things unfold. Till them please everyone now let's pray to god.

Oh well, it has been a rough day, guys. There were different conflicting news, but at the end of the day, at least there is still hope for us. Tomorrow we will win!!! ;)

Good night for me too.

Yes under the marshal law the conference report from the conference committee has to be discussed today no matter what.

When will it affect us

Question: Even if the senate passes the bill and everything goes smoothly, when will it affect people like us who are waiting for 485 approval. Any ideas?

HR 4241 has immgration in Sec 5101!

Sathishk said:
Pdakwala
pls check the posts from citzapplifcant claims both the sections are In the final report still waiting for confirmation
HR 4241 final version (when it was passed - i.e. before the Conference)actually substituted the entire text of S. 1932 with their own version, where Sec. 5101 is Visa Fees (L1 increase by $1500), and Sec. 8001 & 8002 are both there but they pertain to entirely different issues.
All very fluid till it comes out in B&W.

Yahoo link does not talk about immigration

1. No mention of immigration in yahoo link.
2. Can anyone answer my question that I posted few minutes back.

GC_Woes said:
1. No mention of immigration in yahoo link.
2. Can anyone answer my question that I posted few minutes back.
Citzapplicant can you give the number that you had called and from where you got the information.

GC WOES, if everything goes fine then the bill will be on the president's desk after house and senate passes the bill. Once president signs it it become the law and then it is upto the INS. You can expect 1-2 month max.

Is it not part of the budget for next financial year?

Pdakwala..this would be a great news for thousands of techies. But, is it not true that this is part of the budget for the next financial year which starts from Oct'06. So, even if the bill gets passed and president approves it, it will still be in effect from Oct 2006. We might be underscoring the red-tape that CIS(INS) might put in place before enacting on it.

Dear Friends,

American financial year starts from January 1st, Likewise in India it starts from April.
If someone got h1b from 2006 quota he could start working from Oct 1 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-1336495,curpg-2.cms

No hike in H-1Bs, green cards now

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ MONDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2005 12:56:49 AM]

Observers say that there is a considerable pressure on the US Congress to wrap up the difficult appropriations process before the year ends, as it could become even more difficult with time.

Immigration provisions of S 1932 were said to have been included in initial drafts of the budget reconciliation conference report and were later taken out, ostensibly under pressure from some Republican House members. These members threatened to vote against the report if it included relief provisions for the benefit of immigration.

Pro-immigration experts hope, given the number of controversial provisions that are still part of the Bill, some kind of a negotiated settlement may be possible. They are also hopeful that the US House and Senate leadership will not give in to such a threat, as the argument for increasing the number of visas on offer is not on humanitarian grounds.

Observers say that there is a considerable pressure on the US Congress to wrap up the difficult appropriations process before the year ends, as it could become even more difficult with time.

Immigration provisions of S 1932 were said to have been included in initial drafts of the budget reconciliation conference report and were later taken out, ostensibly under pressure from some Republican House members. These members threatened to vote against the report if it included relief provisions for the benefit of immigration.

Pro-immigration experts hope, given the number of controversial provisions that are still part of the Bill, some kind of a negotiated settlement may be possible. They are also hopeful that the US House and Senate leadership will not give in to such a threat, as the argument for increasing the number of visas on offer is not on humanitarian grounds.

I tried the Senate appropriation number 12022247363 and no one is picking. I don't care whether h-1 and l-1 are there or not. What I care is EB solution

So, are they discussing the budget provisions for the year that starts on 1st jan'06? This sounds a little bit late to me. I hope that I am wrong.

ravs4us said:
Dear Friends,

American financial year starts from January 1st, Likewise in India it starts from April

pdakwala said:
I tried the Senate appropriation number 12022247363 and no one is picking. I don't care whether h-1 and l-1 are there or not. What I care is EB solution

I called them. Someone picked up the phone and asked "which bill is that?" and hung up. I tried again and no one picked up the phone. I guess they are not picking up the phone from "known" numbers. Just a guess.