S. 1932 Status

immigration provision in compromised bill

stucklabor,

Of course I did ask them about the immigration provisions. The guy either did not know or did not want to tell me. He said they only had a list of things that did not make it in. The Judiciary committee's L1 visa fee was one of them. I asked him..it seems unlikely then that any immigration relief has made it to the compromised bill..(if there was no money in it..)..he agreed that my line of reasoning seemed logical.

If this is true, we may have to shore up our energy for the future.

disappointed,

stucklabor said:
GC_in_wait, couldn't you ask them if immigration provisions were included as well?

The L1 fee not being included is baffling since both the Senate and the House wanted to sock it to the L1s.

Interesting

GCin-waitng said:
stucklabor,

Of course I did ask them about the immigration provisions. The guy either did not know or did not want to tell me. He said they only had a list of things that did not make it in. The Judiciary committee's L1 visa fee was one of them. I asked him..it seems unlikely then that any immigration relief has made it to the compromised bill..(if there was no money in it..)..he agreed that my line of reasoning seemed logical.

If this is true, we may have to shore up our energy for the future.

disappointed,

Both the EB visa recapture and the I485 filing even without visa number availability had fees associated with them.

Again, it is weird that L1 fee didn't make it since both the Senate and House wanted to sock it to the L1s.

stucklabor said:
Both the EB visa recapture and the I485 filing even without visa number availability had fees associated with them.

Again, it is weird that L1 fee didn't make it since both the Senate and House wanted to sock it to the L1s.
EB visa recapture and the I485 filing even without visa number availability had fees associated with them. But there is no Increase of fee so there is no benifit for them. -- I think.

Noone knows, Not even house members apparently!

I feel that some surprises are cooking in this bill. Hope one of the stocking stuffers are for us. According to this link I have reposted below, house leaders are planning to push through some unpalatable provisions without the media, public and even house members having much time to review the actual conference reports. Sort of the backdoor way of sliding in special interest provisions. Something about "martial law" house rule, right now I will take this help anyway I can get it...........dare we dream guys?
If this works out, that would also explain why this issue has been kept quiet by conferees.
Lets not fight amongst ourselves, we are all in this, how far along is immaterial.
I am hopeful atleast something for us will come out of this. Not sure how many of us it will make happy, but lets all pray and hope for the best.

See the link below.

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=58361

Signing off tonite with some hope. Will get up and hit Matthew Ohs website.

Called the budget office...

THe guy answering the phone said that of the immigration provisions: "Some made it and some didn't". I asked him which ones made it and which one didn't and he didn't have an answer. (said he couldnt' share it).

He may have just said that to sound knowledgeable but I am now optimistic.

Hopeful_123 said:
THe guy answering the phone said that of the immigration provisions: "Some made it and some didn't". I asked him which ones made it and which one didn't and he didn't have an answer. (said he couldnt' share it).

He may have just said that to sound knowledgeable but I am now optimistic.

God ! There appears to be some glimmer of hope.. Everyone pray hard tonight.

the senate provisions of the bill are in the following link from Fragomen, et al.
http://pubweb.fdbl.com/news1.nsf/7f...e2ff7bab9783df40852570b2006de7b9?OpenDocument
accordingly, eb recapture, allowing I485 provided for assessing an additional $500 fee on top of the regular fees.
also, the flood of applications in the first few years would mean a lot in $$.
gth999 said:
EB visa recapture and the I485 filing even without visa number availability had fees associated with them. But there is no Increase of fee so there is no benifit for them. -- I think.

It's 10:15 EST.This billing is giving me sleepless night's since the past few days.donno whether i can sleep now.prblly would wake up @mid-night and follow the news.Hope for the best.we had done our bit.

Talked to CBO representative @ 2022267270

I just talked to CBO office, The guy said section 8001 and 8002 are part of final reconciled bill and He don't know when they will be tabled to full house/senate.
I am not very familiar with whole process, People can call their respective sources and verify.

Good Luck.

that is good news that these sections are in the bill;
but unless we know what these sections contain and what has been stripped of those, it is not worth much.
devin said:
I just talked to CBO office, The guy said section 8001 and 8002 are part of final reconciled bill and He don't know when they will be tabled to full house/senate.
I am not very familiar with whole process, People can call their respective sources and verify.

Good Luck.

What's with all the contradictory info?

devin said:

Good Luck.

GC_wait says L1 and H1 fees are not part of the final bill.

Hopeful says that part of the immigration provisions made it, which is consistent with above.

Devin says that Sections 8001 and 8002 are part of the reconciled bill, which isn't consistent with above two.

Devin, did you ask re: Sections 8001 and 8002 of the Senate bill? There are Sections 8001 and 8002 in the House bill as well but they deal with Ways and Means. We need to be sure which ones got in. Since you have already called would you mind calling again so the guys don't get bugged? You can say that you just called, and wanted to reconfirm about the Senate or the House versions of 8001/8002.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Devin

I just called at this number too. A man told me, "there are no immigration immigration provisions in this bill." BTW what is CBO?

devin said:

Good Luck.[/QUOTE

section 8001/8002

I didn't know they are in house version of 1932 has different 8001/8002 content .. I meantioned 1932 sections 8001/8002.And confirmed with him If It is regarding Immigration relief...Was a very short conversation.

Phone number I called 2022267270, i got from this forum somewhere.

Very strange

May be he was talking about different 8001/8002 sections.. Do they have
anything to do with immigration somehow?

I think these guys are playing games

devin said:
I didn't know they are in house version of 1932 has different 8001/8002 content .. I meantioned 1932 sections 8001/8002.And confirmed with him If It is regarding Immigration relief...Was a very short conversation.

Phone number I called 2022267270, i got from this forum somewhere.

Devin, this guy confirmed with you that these provisions are with respect to immigration relief?

But GC_wait called the same number and was told that there are no immigration provisions in the reconciled bull. Sorry, bill.

This is crazy.

8001/8002 of reconciled bill

devin said:
May be he was talking about different 8001/8002 sections.. Do they have
anything to do with immigration somehow?

The new reconciled bill probably has a 8001/8002. The question is, what do they refer to?

Senate S.1932.ES 8001/8002 deals with immigration relief.

House S.1932.EAH 8001/8002 deals with Ways and Means, short for taxes.