S. 1932 Status

Sathishk said:
just called the house budget committee (202) 226-7270
gentleman said it will be in house as early as 3AM. he said no news about sec 8001

Guys,

I am taking one hour break now. Keep the pressure and momentum on. While I am away I will keep praying. By the way Senate is Adjourned till tomorrow.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
No voting today!

sunjoshi said:
pdak,

correct me if I am wrong.

I saw on cspan-2 that the senate sessions is for open discussions, and NO voting today. That correct?

Bill Frist just came on and said they didn't have the conference reports ready yet,\so the Senate adjourns.

Senate has adjourned, does anyone know what is happening

I have just seen that senate has adjourned for the day, does anyone know what is happening with the bill or will the congress take a decision on this, what is happening with the conference committee?? I am totally confused :confused:

Khris said:
I have just seen that senate has adjourned for the day, does anyone know what is happening with the bill or will the congress take a decision on this, what is happening with the conference committee?? I am totally confused :confused:

May not be the worst thing to happen (other than wait). That means there's still scope for negotiations, so still subject to changes (even though the contentious issues may be non-immigration related).
This isn't an easy bill anyway. Has been passed only once before.

How many years must'a wild dove fly...
Before she sleeps in the sand....
the answer my friend is blown in the wind
the a......nswer is blo.....wn in the wind.

sunjoshi said:
May not be the worst thing to happen (other than wait). That means there's still scope for negotiations, so still subject to changes (even though the contentious issues may be non-immigration related).
This isn't an easy bill anyway. Has been passed only once before.

So, it shall be one more night of nerve wracking suspense....

Should we start faxing the media peoples ? Also what about sending faxes and calling house and senate reps? (Since we have time)

Lets start another round ..........

Contact the Senators & Congressmen, start the fax going until they decide .....

As the house is still in session it seems the bill will come before the house first (not before 1 am for the vote though). When it comes we should know if immigration section was included or not

Lab_cld said:
Should we start faxing the media peoples ? Also what about sending faxes and calling house and senate reps? (Since we have time)
we have not seen any thing on the media. wehave been faxing/email to them Yesterday. Surprise !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still Waiting..??

Please sign up at http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=198900 with your name, city, and email address?

It will take all of 2 minutes and we will have a good list of volunteers.

300 people viewing the forums & only 80 sign-ups? Like Gabbar Singh said in Sholay - "Bahut Na-insaafi Hain" (Translation: That doesn't sound too fair)
:)

C'mon guys...we will all disperse tomorrow once the news of the bill is known. While the momentum is strong we must sign up and come together.

Hopefully the bill will pass and we will not need it. But still....PLEASE TAKE A SECOND AND SIGN UP TO HELP>

Last edited by a moderator:
L1 visa fee increase not in reconciled bill

I just spoke to the Budget office 202-226-7270 who transferred me to the Press office. They told me the L1 (increased fee) and H1 fee(?) are not in the reconciled budget bill. They are expecting the bill to be laid in the house any time now.

Lets wait and see if any immigration provisions have been included.

The house will vote after midnight tonight more likely

www.immigration-law.com

12/18/2005: S. 1932 Voting Schedules

Report indicates that the GOP leaders in the House and the Senate have reached an agreement and are scheduled to push passage of the compromised bill in the House tonight and the Senate will pass it when they return to the session at noon, Monday. House Republican leaders said they would call for a vote within hours, and a post-midnight session seemed likely. Passage would clear the way for a Senate vote on Monday. There will be no votes in the Senate tonight. The Senate will return to the session at noon tomorrow, Monday, December 19, 2005.
Currently this preliminary draft of the GOP agreement is not available. Neither is available the information on Section 8001 and Section 8002 in this agreement. It is hoped that the AILA will obtain and release this informatioln the first thing in the morning tomorrow.

GC_In_Wait

GCin-waitng said:
I just spoke to the Budget office 202-226-7270 who transferred me to the Press office. They told me the L1 (increased fee) and H1 fee(?) are not in the reconciled budget bill. They are expecting the bill to be laid in the house any time now.

Lets wait and see if any immigration provisions have been included.

GC_in_wait, couldn't you ask them if immigration provisions were included as well?

The L1 fee not being included is baffling since both the Senate and the House wanted to sock it to the L1s.