S. 1932 Status

Will it expeditie my LC, I hate this bill, coz if its passed, people who files in PERM will be allowed to file AOS, and AP and EAD.

Hmm...that's sounds interesting. Here is my case... I filed under EB-3 RIR then because of the retrogression, refiled under PERM. Once my LC is approved, will I be able to apply for EAD even if my PD is not current?

Update on C-Span2

It looks like ANWR is holding things up. Looks like some compromise was reached an hour ago- if I heard it right. But some Democrats are threatening fillibuster - which would mean this would be a long night

YeahRight! said:
alright, I will stay out of this forum. But I will start sending fax to those who support this bill. I dont see this bill is good for the LC stuckers. If this get passed, the proposed 290K GC will be over within a year, and we again will see the clog, and I have to wait for another 3 years just to file the GC. and for your kind info, there are about 300K LC got stuck in backlog this time. who cares about them? you? definately not.
FYI.
nope - 485 is strictly by PD in FIFO.

crammm said:
Hmm...that's sounds interesting. Here is my case... I filed under EB-3 RIR then because of the retrogression, refiled under PERM. Once my LC is approved, will I be able to apply for EAD even if my PD is not current?

I said I will stay of the topic, but since you quote mine, and I am telling you this. Yes, You will be one of the fortune maker who can file EAD and AP for you and for your wife, and if your kids are grown up under 21 they too. All can take the benifit of this. Good Luck.

guys lets not brag the issue more and dont forget the aim of this forum.We should be united and make sure we do the work what needs to be done.
Also whats going on with the telecast on the CSPAN2 .I am seeing the same thingie for the past 2 hours.IS something wrong or is it the right telecast we want to follow ..Please Advice !

Guys! How can we know if immigration provision was included in the bill or not? If the whole bill passed it should be somewhere!
Lets not loose focus

crammm said:

You will be able to do that only if this bill or someother bill that has this content passes.

check this
http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=58361
WASHINGTON, Dec. 18 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The following was released today by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities:

"The House Republican Leadership has announced its intention to have the House vote today on conference reports on a budget- cut "reconciliation" bill (S. 1932) and the defense appropriation bill (H.R. 2863) under a procedure known as "martial law." The Leadership's proposal to invoke martial law has already been debated on the House floor and will be voted on later today.

"Under this procedure, longstanding House rules that require at least one day between the unveiling of significant legislation and the House floor vote on that legislation are swept away. Instead, under "martial law," the Leadership can file legislation with hundreds of pages of fine print and move immediately to debate and votes on it, before Members of Congress, the media, or the public have an opportunity to understand fully what provisions have been altered or inserted in the legislation behind closed doors. This is the procedure the Leadership hopes to use today to muscle through these bills.

"The budget reconciliation conference agreement reportedly cuts a variety of programs by about $41 billion over five years. It apparently contains provisions affecting millions of Americans, including changes in Medicaid, Medicare, student loans, child support enforcement, the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, the foster care program, and others. Republican leaders have been meeting behind closed doors on this far-reaching legislation. At this time, few details are available on what the legislation actually does.

breifing on c-span2

just now i was able to look and hear the briefing about the senates briefing of what happening inside closed doors.
the gentlemen who gave the briefing talked about oil drilling and hurricane katrina but not any immigartion bill.
so i am suspecting that immigartion package is being overlooked and has been included.

may be i am too optimistic.

what about other people's view.

CSPAN-2 display headlines

folks. this is what i saw on the c-span2 video link few secs ago

1) GOP leaders plan to attach ANWD in the defense bill
2) $45 billion budjet savings package inclusing spending cuts & revenue increases
3) General Speeches, No Votes

One this that concerned me was "No Votes" thou ...
my2c

YeahRight! said:
I said I will stay of the topic, but since you quote mine, and I am telling you this. Yes, You will be one of the fortune maker who can file EAD and AP for you and for your wife, and if your kids are grown up under 21 they too. All can take the benifit of this. Good Luck.

YeahRight : u r right one way, no body cares if they done have 1 cent benifit at least., here we are here for to share each other burden.

jst dont abonden and go....pls

thanks.

Sunjoshi,

Get well soon !!!

sunjoshi said:
Guys,

Great work!!!

I apologize to have taken a back seat the past 24 hrs. I had a flight to catch and also fell sick :-(.

I quickly went thru all the postings and just incredible work. Several users have posted questions and comments for me, that I will answer after everything settles down.
I havent signed up to the other thread yet, but will do so.

And as far as organizing and co-ordinating better, yes, certainly I will be part of the team. Whatever it takes guys!!

Sandeep_N said:
It looks like ANWR is holding things up. Looks like some compromise was reached an hour ago- if I heard it right. But some Democrats are threatening fillibuster - which would mean this would be a long night
If ANWAR is tied to the defence appropriations bill, then we should try to tag our bill to that too.
To which bill was the earlier recapture of VISA numbers (for the schedule A employees) tied to? I think one of the Iraq war bill, but i dont remember. We should court all party members especially democrats to help our case if we dont make it into the budjet bill. just a thought.
--MC

I have spend whole day on net waiting for the immigration provision in the final report. I think we will now see the bill coming on the floor.

Let's pray together that Immigration provision is included in the conference committee report for Deficit reduction bill.

Last edited by a moderator:
manishi said:
just now i was able to look and hear the briefing about the senates briefing of what happening inside closed doors.
the gentlemen who gave the briefing talked about oil drilling and hurricane katrina but not any immigartion bill.
so i am suspecting that immigartion package is being overlooked and has been included.

may be i am too optimistic.

what about other people's view.

Manishi, The guy was talking about Defence bill and the above issues are in there. They did not say anything about S.1932

Pateketu said:
WWW.**********.com( great rates to India) is willing to sponsor a new website for this cause should we decide to do that. Just let me know....they old me they can set it up in a few days

gimme_GC_ASAP
Stop advertising on this forum, This forum is great, your friend is probably looking for making money of Google AdSense and Banner Ads

No he said (callingcardsstation.com) site would be ad free and any of you techies can manage it.

didnt mean to abuse the forum....just trying to help.

7:23 PM Speaker Announces Budget Deal Package Has $41.6 Billion in Savings

7:23 PM
<U>http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=58362</u>

House Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) made the following statement today regarding an agreement on the budget that will soon be voted upon by Congress.

"House Republicans promised the American people that we would restrain federal spending and reform government programs. I'm proud to say we have an agreement. The most successful businesses must watch their spending, and the federal government is no different. This measure has $41.6 billion in savings that will tighten the federal budget and allow us to have a more efficient, effective and smarter government. House Republicans have always been mindful that none of us wants to straddle future generations with a bogged down, bloated federal budget. This bill outlines specific priorities so that we curb wasteful spending while still doing some good things for our citizens.

"This conference report on the Deficit Reduction Act makes government run better by making some commonsense reforms. It includes market based Medicaid reforms that both Republican and Democratic governors - who pay 43 percent of the program's cost - have been begging for. One of those reforms includes starting a demonstration project to give states the flexibility to offer Health Opportunity Accounts for Medicaid beneficiaries. We are also giving Governors the flexibility they need to better serve their Medicaid recipients.

pdakwala said:
I have spend whole day on net waiting for the immigration provision in the final report. I think we will now see the bill coming on the floor.

Let's pray together that Immigration provision is included in the conference committee report for Deficit reduction bill.
Are you sure of what you mentioned now ? I mean is it confirmed that voting will be finalized today , or just negotiation ? :(

just called the house budget committee (202) 226-7270
gentleman said it will be in house as early as 3AM. he said no news about sec 8001

pdakwala said:

pdak,

correct me if I am wrong.

I saw on cspan-2 that the senate sessions is for open discussions, and NO voting today. That correct?