S. 1932 Status

Ahoy!

I went back to page 160 and have successfully saved all links, phone numbers and fax numbers of the following

1. Senators/Congressman
2. Media links
3. Immigration links

Next thing is to talk about "friends" at these places and how each one of us can represent "voice of legal immigrants" and present our pitiable state to these people and have it echoed on tv/radio/newspapers/online.

Hey, anybody happen to know the worlds most poplar bloggers...that can be an avenue for broadcasting interests?

Sample message

In light of our friend Matthew Oh's recommendation, here is a Sample message

Respected Congressman Lamar Smith,
At the outset I would like to thank you for your support to all legal immigration legislation in the past. I would like to appeal to you to take action to retain the best professionals who have applied for immigration through employment based immigration channels. Legal immigration offers the country the benefits of outstanding individuals. Clubbing them with complex illegal immigration issues would imply getting them entangled in a long deliberations next year to resolve the nation's broader immigration policy. This would jeopardize America's ability to attract and retain best talent—and ultimately jobs—in the United States.
I am a concerned legal immigration applicant and I urge you to vote in support of the Senate modifications incorporated in Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 (S. 1932) passed by the Senate. The action taken by the Senate Judiciary Committee proposes an increase in revenue by recapturing authorized, but never used, visa numbers for foreign workers with key skills in jobs for which U.S. workers are not available.
I, hereby urge you to vote in support of Section 8001, "Recapture of unused visa numbers", of the Senate Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 when it comes up for consideration in the conference committee. Your vote will not only address the issue of deficit reduction but will also ensure that the United States of America will be in the forefront of science and technology and will retain the best talent from around the world.

Sincerely,

XYZ

Sent faxes

Hi guys

i have been actively reading all posts in this forum and think all the guys here are an awesome lot.
Im sure S1932 would include Sec 8001..and we should get togther and chalk out future straegies..
Im in NJ and have faxed all senators..and offices and would send to all media outlets as well.

thanks

WaldenPond said:
Dittoo .... Could not sleep .... However, the intent of my post yesterday was to let everybody know the facts on the ground as I learnt them and where this is headed and my take on the reasons for it ....

I did not convey the mesaage that it is over .... and if I conveyed that in anyway, I should apologize as that was not the intent.

People are still negotiating for the provisions in final version of S 1932 as part of the Committee report. And that is the reason I say that there is still chance as few good members in that committee may still working towards including this provision .... and to give them a chance .... we need to do our part with Congressman.

Also, if I may add, this is a Great forum to let everybody know what is going on. But the drawback is there are lot of lot of anti-immigration people looking at this too. Just as I am member of some of the anti immigration forums to find out what they are doing .... did not want to disclose this here but couldn't help. Based on so much cut-throat environment on this issue it is so easy to convince anybody towards being anti-immigration with sort perception that all immigration is ILLEGAL, as it is so superficial and easy. It makes Senators and congreeeman look political right even though working against legal immigration does not help the cause of stronger society.

Here is my take on the effort, if guys on this forum really want to achieve more than where we are today, we have to start a cordinated effort. This forum is good but public so there is no way to work on strategy and it's implementation. And we can get lot of organized help from other pillars of the society if we are organized. At this time we are bunch of motivated guys who are putting in lot of effort but in uncordinated manner. One such example of possible help from the pillars of society is involving writers, authors and reporters. There is a presentation and sort of introduction/discussion on the book 'The flight of the Creative class - Richard Florida' on BookTv (i.e. Cspan) at noon which will talk about how legal immigrants help the creative society and help build stronger communities and nation.

I will write more and send my ideas on how we could cordinate these efforts .... and everybody here are welcome to share your ideas ....

What do you say?

I agree with Waldenpond. We should take all this energy to the next step. Get organized and present a more professional face. Whatever the outcome of this bill is, we need to ensure that the momentum we have gained in the last few days is not lost. Let's start thinking on these lines.

Number of great points, WaldenPond!

If there are people with writing / creative flair, they should also try to mail Letters to the Editor as well. I throw this out if this has not already come out! But, the most important thing is never, ever forget these days! We will get our GCs / citizenship sooner or later - sooner, we hope!

more Rep. Lamar Smith Contact

source: http://www.immigration-law.com/

12/18/2005: Rep. Lamar Smith Contact

* http://lamarsmith.house.gov/constituentservices.asp?FormMode=Call&LinkType=Section&Section=8. In view of the urgency, phone calls and faxes "en masse" may be directed to his office in Washington, D.C. Please remember that we should recognize his previous contribution to the "legal immigration" and appreciate for his sense of urgency that the country has to take an action immediately to retain foreign brain powers and cannot afford of being pull into very complex illegal immigration issues which will take some time even in the next year to resolve the nation's broader immigration policy. For fax assistance, please go to one of the following two community organization sites:
o ImmigrationPortal.com (S.1932 Status link)
o ISNAmerica.org

Suggestion for connecting and staying on it....

Folks

Have u heard of Linkedin.com ??? everyone Indian, Chinese can unite on this and messages can be broadcast/unicast in one go and everyone can be reached in momemts notice allover the place, without waiting for them to visit forum.

CHeck www.linkedin.com it is a site to stay in touch.

I do agree with you guys that we need a more professional face but since we have not lost the fight yet let us focus our energy and thinking more on sending faxes/calling/contacting congressman and senators.

Incase we loose the fight which I dont think so we will, we can think of getting more professional and then focus our energy and thinking on those lines.

indio0617 said:
I agree with Waldenpond. We should take all this energy to the next step. Get organized and present a more professional face. Whatever the outcome of this bill is, we need to ensure that the momentum we have gained in the last few days is not lost. Let's start thinking on these lines.

sundar99 said:
Folks

Have u heard of Linkedin.com ??? everyone Indian, Chinese can unite on this and messages can be broadcast/unicast in one go and everyone can be reached in momemts notice allover the place, without waiting for them to visit forum.

CHeck www.linkedin.com it is a site to stay in touch.

Yes. I recently beame a member on it.

Noretro said:
source: http://www.immigration-law.com/

12/18/2005: Rep. Lamar Smith Contact

* http://lamarsmith.house.gov/constituentservices.asp?FormMode=Call&LinkType=Section&Section=8. In view of the urgency, phone calls and faxes "en masse" may be directed to his office in Washington, D.C. Please remember that we should recognize his previous contribution to the "legal immigration" and appreciate for his sense of urgency that the country has to take an action immediately to retain foreign brain powers and cannot afford of being pull into very complex illegal immigration issues which will take some time even in the next year to resolve the nation's broader immigration policy. For fax assistance, please go to one of the following two community organization sites:
o ImmigrationPortal.com (S.1932 Status link)
o ISNAmerica.org

Please suggest modifications and start sending. No harm in trying.

Respected Congressman Lamar Smith,
At the outset I would like to thank you for your support to all legal immigration legislation in the past. I would like to appeal to you to take action to retain the best professionals who have applied for immigration through employment based immigration channels. Legal immigration offers the country the benefits of outstanding individuals. Clubbing them with complex illegal immigration issues would imply getting them entangled in a long deliberations next year to resolve the nation's broader immigration policy. This would jeopardize America's ability to attract and retain best talent—and ultimately jobs—in the United States.
I am a concerned legal immigration applicant and I urge you to vote in support of the Senate modifications incorporated in Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 (S. 1932) passed by the Senate. The action taken by the Senate Judiciary Committee proposes an increase in revenue by recapturing authorized, but never used, visa numbers for foreign workers with key skills in jobs for which U.S. workers are not available.
I, hereby urge you to vote in support of Section 8001, "Recapture of unused visa numbers", of the Senate Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 when it comes up for consideration in the conference committee. Your vote will not only address the issue of deficit reduction but will also ensure that the United States of America will be in the forefront of science and technology and will retain the best talent from around the world.

Sincerely,

XYZ

Khris and all,

Just for today, let us focus on sending faxes, calls...... we may not have to think of other things if we win today.

so, as always -- stay focus for today.

Guys, one request

WaldenPond said:
Exactly .... Very good points Hopeful_123. I totally agree with you. I would urge Sunjoshi, pkdakwala and evereybody else to please join in this discussion and lead this effort. To succeed we must make a strategy and better organize ourself. Because in a months time we will all be here discussing the same things with the next similar bill which is sure to be introduced for discussion.

All, please don't look to Sunjoshi and Pdakwala for 'leading this effort'. They have a limited amount of energy and can't do everything.

Walden, Hopeful, you guys have done a lot the last couple days.

Go ahead and think of the best way to answer your own questions and the rest will follow. Leadership is within every one of us - at the present time, everyone who makes a good suggestion is a leader - and every one of us must take responsibility for moving this forward. We can't always look to someone else for suggestions and solving problems, they are volunteers too and have a finite amount of energy.

Please don't take this the wrong way, this is meant to challenge every one of us. If you have an idea, post it. If you want to write a letter to a Congressman, draft it. If you want to call a Congressman, think about what you want to say and say it. Don't worry about your communication skills, or lack thereof :) Every one of us has value within ourselves but we have got to have the confidence to bring that value out. That is the only way your own personality will be reflected in what you say, and presenting a genuine face is the only way to win this war - not with carbon copy faxes or carbon copy letters. This is what NumbersUSA uses, and we must beat them with their own game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called Lamar Smith's Office - VM full. Left Message for Joseph Gibson - Congressman's Chief of Staff.

Called Speaker's office in the House and found out that the final report of the conference committee is not decided yet and negotiations are still be going on.

Sandeeps format is good

Sent this letter from here : http://capwiz.com/aila2/home/

Respected Senator Lamar Smith,

At the outset I would like to thank you for your support to all legal
immigration legislation in the past. I would like to appeal to you to
take action to retain the best professionals who have applied for
immigration through employment based immigration channels. Legal
immigration offers the country the benefits of outstanding
individuals. Clubbing them with complex illegal immigration issues
would imply getting them entangled in long deliberations next year to
resolve the nation's broader immigration policy. This would
jeopardize America's ability to attract and retain best talent—and
ultimately jobs—in the United Stateslace.

I am a concerned legal immigration applicant and I urge you to vote
in support of the Senate modifications incorporated in Deficit
Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 (S. 1932) passed by the
Senate. The action taken by the Senate Judiciary Committee proposes
an increase in revenue by recapturing authorized, but never used,
visa numbers for foreign workers with key skills in jobs for which
U.S. workers are not available.

I, hereby urge you to vote in support of Section 8001, "Recapture of
unused visa numbers", of the Senate Deficit Reduction Omnibus
Reconciliation Act of 2006 when it comes up for consideration in the
conference committee.

All of our efforts have brought us together , But we should not limit our efforts to sending faxes or letters , we need some professional face , if you look at the senate people they were in favor of immigration , but they were not as united as the congresmen opposing the immigration.

This is where lobbying comes into effect , when you lobby you make like minded people to come together and take strong stand at that point , I think
this is what is missing , we should be prepared to spend more money on this.

Agreed it is a democratic process , but still all this big lobbing firms do make a lot of difference , specially when the tussle is so close.

I think we should get some help of some lobbying firm as well.

thanks

WaldenPond said:
Just called Lamar Smith's Office - VM full. Left Message for Joseph Gibson - Congressman's Chief of Staff.

Called Speaker's office in the House and found out that the final report of the conference committee is not decided yet and negotiations are still be going on.

Keep sending Faxes to Lamar Smith and other congress men

Need Lobbying

We need a professional lobbyist, but also need to coordinate with other skilled and legal immigration-friendly organziations such as CompeteAmerica and NAM. Willing to contribute.

bridgeguy said:
Sent this letter from here : http://capwiz.com/aila2/home/

Respected Senator Lamar Smith,

At the outset I would like to thank you for your support to all legal
immigration legislation in the past. I would like to appeal to you to
take action to retain the best professionals who have applied for
immigration through employment based immigration channels. Legal
immigration offers the country the benefits of outstanding
individuals. Clubbing them with complex illegal immigration issues
would imply getting them entangled in long deliberations next year to
resolve the nation's broader immigration policy. This would
jeopardize America's ability to attract and retain best talent—and
ultimately jobs—in the United Stateslace.

I am a concerned legal immigration applicant and I urge you to vote
in support of the Senate modifications incorporated in Deficit
Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 (S. 1932) passed by the
Senate. The action taken by the Senate Judiciary Committee proposes
an increase in revenue by recapturing authorized, but never used,
visa numbers for foreign workers with key skills in jobs for which
U.S. workers are not available.

I, hereby urge you to vote in support of Section 8001, "Recapture of
unused visa numbers", of the Senate Deficit Reduction Omnibus
Reconciliation Act of 2006 when it comes up for consideration in the
conference committee.
Guys he is a congressman

$$$$$$$$$ question

So, what kind of donations are we talking about, say from an organization like ISNAmerica to the republican or democratic parties to get them listening to our woes?

Curious. thousands or hundreds of thousands?

Our voice will be heard when their coffers are filled, right?

Will LEGAL IMMIGRANTS working as volunteers for individual senators/congressman help?