S. 1932 Status

Now I am confused!!!

pkpkpkpk said:
I believe that this link has got NOTHING to do with us.
I checked out the PDF file given on the site govtrack.us stated as S1932 and it says that the bill passed in Senate on 11/3 and in House on 11/18, and it DOES have Sections 8001 and 8002. This is not what I understood so far!! I saw three versions of the bill on www.congress.gov and there the house bill and the senate bill are differrent,

But hold on, if u click on track this bill on the right, it gives an updated event on 12/14 and stated it passed the house and links to the exact same bill.

I think somthing is wrong on this site.

The section 8001 was undet Title VIII of the senate bill which pertained to Committe on Judiciary, which is Title V in the bill agreed to by the house, under which the section 8001 is gone and the first section is 5101 which pertains to increasing L1 visa fees only.

Just wanted to clear the confusion I myself had and which I may have caused. I am still calling multiple HR offices to add the original 8001 in the bill.

From the Senate list i have called almost 13 of them. Most of them said that they had already received a number of calls regarding the same

Keep up the good work. If someone finds the House List PLS post it here, we are having internet issues and cant access too many site, fortunately CAN access this one.

Keep the calls going guys. I have mailed my friends to call too.

Keep up the good work....Our hardwork does not go in waste.

Guys,

Sent fax to all the Senatores conference members, just finished calling all listed judiciary members offices and let them know how important their efforts
in securing this country(applied some cream), said I do follow senator articles on various issues(picked up from his website). Let them know about impacts on me and my friends got impacted by the EB Green card Retrogession and S.1932(S.8001) will help us in big way. Office personal took my message and let the senator know about it.

Basically I am from Richmond, VA. told senator office members that I am contractor working in Richmond but belong to Senators area, I personally feel that Phone calls are making very big difference. I urge all the ACTIVE and PASSIVE members to call them litrally all senators of Judiciary Commitee.

Here are the Senators whom I called:

Arlen Specter: R-PA: 202-224-4254
State: Pennsylvania
Cities (Zip Code) (Telephone Area Code)
Philadelphia (19102,19103,19104) (215,267,610)
Pittsburgh (15201,15202,15203) (412)

Charles Grassley: R-IA: 202.224.3744
State: Iowa
Cities (Zip Code) (Telephone Area Code):
Des Moines (50309,50310,50311) (515)
Cedar Rapids (52401,52402,52403) (319)

Ted Kennedy: D-MA: 202/224-4543
State: Massachusetts
Cities:
Cities (Zip Code) (Telephone Area Code) (02101,02102,02103) (617,857)
Worcester (01601,01602,01603) (508,774)

Pat Leahy: D-VT: 202-224-4242
State: Vermont
Burlington (05401,05402) (802)
Essex (05451,05452) (802)

Jeff Sessions: R-AL: (202) 224-4124
State: Alabama
Birmingham (35203,35204,35205) (205)
Montgomery (36104,36105,36106,36107) (334)

Instead of just waiting and not doing anything.....please call...do justice
for +ve result.

Great job......great spirit.....keep up your great work.....Victory is ours

sent fax to all Sen. Confereee

Guys keep up this good work. I just had sent two faxes (me and my wife) all Sen.Conferees. lets keep the spirit up.

I agree with you sunil. What ever happens here we laid a solid foundation and iam pretty sure this retrogression will be resolved soon. Thanks for starting all this

sunjoshi said:
I just called the office of Tom Price's washington again this morning.
The guy recognized me and said they did send out the ppt to other congressmen, and told me that our best bet now is to talk with the senate conferees.

He also said the reason congress did not address this 'coz as part of their immigration bill, they want to address this in Spring in a comprehensive way. EB retrogression is one of the top items on their list, for the Spring bill according to him.

So lets hope for the best on this budget bill. If nothing else, we've laid out a solid foundation for the Spring bill.

i called the all the senators listed in the thread. I could't get hold of 3 senators, i will call them again in the afternoon. Keep calling!

I have faxed to both the NC senators who have said 'NO' to Mr. Byrd Amendment. They knew about my case and are actively helping me.

kalimmigration said:
I agree with you sunil. What ever happens here we laid a solid foundation and iam pretty sure this retrogression will be resolved soon. Thanks for starting all this
Spring would be too late for many of us!
We need it now!

I called MD,NJ,PA and put voice message

What is going on with S1932. I don't see anything on CSAPN.Did they finish the discussion?

archkre said:
Spring would be too late for many of us!
We need it now!

I agreee!! That should be the intent and spirit!! Infact I needed it yesterday.

However, regardless of what happens, we are on the right track.

Keep pushing, keep calling

Thank You

Kent Conrad (D-ND, and also a member of conf. committee) was on CNBC 5 mins back discussing the patriot act and the Deficit Reduction Act bill. He was very articulate in describing the drawbacks in the House Bill (HR 4241), and also quite vocal about positives of the senate bill. Hope the Senate ultimately wins out and includes sec 8001 as well.

Reading the last post from spgtopper I called Senator Kent Conrad's office to thank for his support and and comments on CNBC about drawbacks on HR4241. Also mentioned that I like the Senator and follow him very closely and appreciate all that he does as I truely believe Senator Conrad is a good man.

I also asked the gentleman on the phone for the current status of the conference. The staff of most other Senators tell that it is being discussed behind closed doors and there sure are some members of the House that they are talking too. The gentleman in Senator Conrad's office noted down my name and address and mentioned that he would ask the Senator about the latest and get back to me on this. Will keep everybody posted when I here anything.

Guys on this forum are AWESOME.

BTW, when calling or sending faxes just know that we are supporting prvovision in 8000/8001 in S. 1932. ES (Engrossed as Agreed to or Passed by Senate) and NOT the provision 8000/8001 in S.1932.EAH (Engrossed Amendment as Agreed to by House)

I have expereinced that simply saying or writing in fax S.1932 confuses the other person. Just a thought.

Peace.

I called Senator and Congresman of MD again this morning.

mamamiax,

Please call Washington DC office and you will find rep of lawmakers.

Good luck

mamamiax said:
What is going on with S1932. I don't see anything on CSAPN.Did they finish the discussion?

Waldenpond,

thats a very good point about correctly referencing the senate bill we are all talking about. I have always said "S.1932 passed by the senate", but I guess adding those suffixes at the end is important!

S.

WaldenPond said:
Reading the last post from spgtopper I called Senator Kent Conrad's office to thank for his support and and comments on CNBC about drawbacks on HR4241. Also mentioned that I like the Senator and follow him very closely and appreciate all that he does as I truely believe Senator Conrad is a good man.

I also asked the gentleman on the phone for the current status of the conference. The staff of most other Senators tell that it is being discussed behind closed doors and there sure are some members of the House that they are talking too. The gentleman in Senator Conrad's office noted down my name and address and mentioned that he would ask the Senator about the latest and get back to me on this. Will keep everybody posted when I here anything.

Guys on this forum are AWESOME.

BTW, when calling or sending faxes just know that we are supporting prvovision in 8000/8001 in S. 1932. ES (Engrossed as Agreed to or Passed by Senate) and NOT the provision 8000/8001 in S.1932.EAH (Engrossed Amendment as Agreed to by House)

I have expereinced that simply saying or writing in fax S.1932 confuses the other person. Just a thought.

Peace.