S. 1932 Status

Stop Negatives Posts Plzzzzzzzz

Guys Plz stop posting negative messages if you dont want to do anything then fine but when everyone is putting down their best foot forward and doing their best by faxing, calling emailing plz dont ruin the party. We have seen this from Immigration-law a couple of times already and dont want to see it again. The senators are the best source of info and according to their offices the immigration packet is not dead. Not even one senator's office has said that the immigration reform section is dead.

I have already left messages with couple of senators and will complete the list today before I go to bed.

BoxOfChocs said:
Just read on Oh's website - 12/15/2005: Senate S. 1932 Immigration Packet Practically "Dead" ! If this is true, then everything is already dead, Spector notwithstanding and our faxes notwithstanding! AILA and all the greedy Immigration lawyers have let us down more than the hard core anti-immigration forces. They pulled away their sizable weight to other efforts, and left us in the lurch!
THE LESSON IS - NEVER EVER FORGET WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS! ULTIMATELY NOBODY WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP US FROM THE CITIZENSHIP, EVEN IF IT IS DELAYED! WE MUST KEEP MEMORIES OF THESE DARK DAYS, and hold them responsible - all the whole lot of those who caused this! These are the civic lessons from the oligarchy that pretends it is democracy! In this country, you can fool all of the people all of the time - because they want it this way!
There is practically no hope whatsover on S. 1932! And, other efforts will go down the drain similarly!

The bottom line is ...

brahmaputra said:
BoxOfChocs
u need to be current;

Everybody's valiant efforts on S. 1932 on this Board are already history. I wish it were not true, but sadly it is. I may not be current, all of us have already missed the bus on S. 1932! Good luck to everybody for the future! Happy Holidays!

BoxOfChocs is a SPAMMER. WANTS TO STOP OUR EFFORTS. IGNORE HIM

BoxOfChocs is an ANTI-IMMIGRATION SPAMMER. DON'T LISTEN TO HIM.

HE IS PUTTING MAXIMUM EFFORT TO STOP PEOPLE FROM SENDING THE FAXES. IGNORE HIM DO YOUR JOB. HE KNOWS VERY WELL THE ISSUE IS NOT CLOSED..

HE IS BLAMING AILA AND OH-IMMIGRATION JUST TO PRETEND AS IF HE IS ON OUR SIDE AND IMPLY MORE CREDENCE TO HIS POSTS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I faxed mine and I will keep sending at regular interval . I am collecting my friends name and I will send behalf of them . Thanks to all who are working
hard here .

Keep our spirit up!!!

All the negative news today are unconfirmed!!!
We need to wait for years to get our green card if 8001 provision is not included!!!
Isn't it worthwhile trying our best to convince the congressman if there is still hope today???
I don't know what will happen in the future!!!
But I do know at least we still have hope!!!
Lot of efforts have been put in the past few month!!!
Please don't give up at the last minute!!!
Let's do it!!!

BoxOfChocs said:
Just read on Oh's website - 12/15/2005: Senate S. 1932 Immigration Packet Practically "Dead" ! If this is true, then everything is already dead, Spector notwithstanding and our faxes notwithstanding! AILA and all the greedy Immigration lawyers have let us down more than the hard core anti-immigration forces. They pulled away their sizable weight to other efforts, and left us in the lurch!
THE LESSON IS - NEVER EVER FORGET WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS! ULTIMATELY NOBODY WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP US FROM THE CITIZENSHIP, EVEN IF IT IS DELAYED! WE MUST KEEP MEMORIES OF THESE DARK DAYS, and hold them responsible - all the whole lot of those who caused this! These are the civic lessons from the oligarchy that pretends it is democracy! In this country, you can fool all of the people all of the time - because they want it this way!
There is practically no hope whatsover on S. 1932! And, other efforts will go down the drain similarly!

great going !!!

sent 18 faxes.

Now, let me work on leaving voice messages.....

WE MUST CALL TOMORROW SHARP AT 9:00 AM "ALL" THE SENATORS IN THE LIST !!!!

[ I have taken a day off tomorrow to do anything that i can !!! ]

Come on!

GCBy2010 said:
BoxOfChocs is an ANTI-IMMIGRATION SPAMMER. DON'T LISTEN TO HIM.

HE IS PUTTING MAXIMUM EFFORT TO STOP PEOPLE FROM SENDING THE FAXES. IGNORE HIM DO YOUR JOB. HE KNOWS VERY WELL THE ISSUE IS NOT CLOSED..
Come on! Do whatever you have to - do not mistake the reality of the message! I will do whatever needs to be done, but ignoring the reality will not change it!
I am as much affected by all this as you are - do not make any personal attacks behind faceless Posts!
Maybe as Oh says, a miracle will happen! But, we are living in the US in 2005 - 2006, not in Utopia!
BEST OF LUCK EVERYBODY - I WILL BE THE FIRST TO EAT MY WORDS IF THE MIRACLE DOES HAPPEN!
Senator Spector will be the KEY MAN if it does take place!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys, as usual there will be negative thinkers.
Let us do our job. I (My wife name too) faxed to NY,CT state congress men and conference committee members

BoxOfChocs,

The news on immigration-law.com is not confirmed. If you notice the latest note there is not so pessimistic. A number of us have spoken to senators who said that the immigrations amendments have not been dropped yet. So there is still a lot of hope. Keep fighting. If not atleast stop posting such pessimistic notes.

BoxOfChocs,
I don't know who you are!
But if you are affected by retrogression, please appreciate the work others are doing for you!
If you deeply believe there is no hope, please keep silent...
Because we won't give up if there is no official annoucement.
Thanks for your cooperation!
Happy holidays to you.

BoxOfChocs said:
Come on! Do whatever you have to - do not mistake the reality of the message! I will do whatever needs to be done, but ignoring the reality will not change it!
I am as much affected by all this as you are - do not make any personal attacks behind faceless Posts!
Maybe as Oh says, a miracle will happen! But, we are living in the US in 2005 - 2006, not in Utopia!
BEST OF LUCK EVERYBODY - I WILL BE THE FIRST TO EAT MY WORDS IF THE MIRACLE DOES HAPPEN!

Sent The Fax To Ky Congressman

I Will Call Them Tomorrow..

Best Of Luck Guys, I Am Positive We Will Have Happy New Year..

Iam sending FAX to CT and NY also. Iam focussing on tri-state area. Just finished all 3 - NJ + NY+CT.

Total fax = 24

Keep up the good work with the faxes. Also make sure that we call them up tomorrow. My feeling is that calling them and explaining the situation is very effective.

I pray that you are right! OM!!!

gc_bronco said:
BoxOfChocs,

The news on immigration-law.com is not confirmed. If you notice the latest note there is not so pessimistic. A number of us have spoken to senators who said that the immigrations amendments have not been dropped yet. So there is still a lot of hope. Keep fighting. If not atleast stop posting such pessimistic notes.
Hope and pray you and all the many other 'people-in-the-know' are right! By the way, I have sent messages to McCain, Kyl and Spector! I would love nothing more than to be proved dead wrong!

Modified verson of letter ..

Honorable Senator,

I am writing this to request your kind support for the recapturing of unused employment based immigrant visas (section 8001) in the bill S.1932 “Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2005”. The section 8001 of S.1932 recaptures only the unused visas from previous fiscal years as mandated by the Congress. The beneficiaries of these provisions are the foreign workers who entered in the USA with valid non-immigrant visas, paying taxes for many years, and not able to adjust status as permanent residents for many foreseeable years, due to severe shortage in employment based immigrant visas. These provisions will fuel growth in American businesses in areas of Information Technology, Biotechnology and other high technology areas which are suffering from shortages of skilled professionals. The provisions will also provide needed health care workers relief to the understaffed hospitals..

We, the legal immigrant community in US, are so thankful to the honorable US Senate for recognizing the genuine need for relief for employment based immigration and including the Section 8001 with a landslide majority (86 vs 14) voting on the Mr. Byrd Amendment on S.1932 in the floor of the Senate.

Unfortunately, there are no similar relief provisions included in the house version of the Budget Deficit Reduction bill (HR 4241) except a fee increase in certain non-immigrant visas. Unless the Senate version of Sections 8001 is adopted in the final reconciliation bill, the legal immigrant community will be in dire-straights again.

The provision in the section 8001 give relief only to the foreign born workers WHO ARE IN US LEGALLY AND CERTIFIED BY U.S DOL– (that is they are doing only the jobs for which the employers cannot find American workers and they are getting paid in the prevailing wage of similar U.S worker)

It is an undeniable fact that for the specialty occupations like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Pharmacy etc. companies are struggling to find qualified workers. Without immediate relief, many of these experienced professionals will be forced to leave the country and find opportunities elsewhere. At a time when many other countries are competing to challenge the technological supremacy of America, loss of these talented professionals could have adverse affect on American leadership in innovations and entrepreneurship.

I humbly request you to please support these immigration relief proposals in the budget reconciliation bill and use your good offices to persuade the House conference committee members to support the same. As an important member of the Senate budget reconciliation conference committee, we humbly request your voice and support for adoption of the Senate passed version of Section 8001 of S.1932 in the final budget reconciliation bill . These provisions will not only provide much needed relief to businesses facing labor shortages but also add valuable revenue to reduce the budget deficit. The business and immigrant community in America will be ever grateful to you for your support.

Thanking you once again,

Yours sincerely,

fax messages sent

Just wanted to let you know that I finished sending the faxes to all the senators and house representatives of USA.

Instead of wasting 5 minutes of your time writing a pointless post like this, you could consider spending the same 5 minutes to send out yet another round of faxes!

And speaking of reality, maybe the folks on this post want to be delusional and live in a Utopia where miracles do happen... so, why don't you stop being a spoil sport and leave all of us to our delusions? :D I'm sure there must be another thread somewhere out there for the whiners!

Friends, stay positive, positive, POSITIVE and keep sending them faxes and making those calls! Even if nothing comes of any of this, we are no worse off than we are now!

Enough said! :rolleyes:

BoxOfChocs said:
Senator Spector will be the KEY MAN if it does take place!!!