S. 1932 Status

Hi all , thanks for the group effort.
i have just send efaxes to Conference Committee Members via isnAmerica.org.

I also spoke with my Office manager,briefly explained her, and had her send fax via the Corporation WebFax Links

Great!! This will definitely have greater impact.
Chain_Reaction said:
I also spoke with my Office manager,briefly explained her, and had her send fax via the Corporation WebFax Links

kewl said:
Great!! This will definitely have greater impact.

guys i think if you are in good terms with you company , there should'nt be a problem talking with you Office manager or HR personal ( they already know they want to hire you permanently ,thats the reason they filed for your GC), all they have to do is use the Corporate Template from the ISNAmerica.org site

To send a webfax to possible conference committee members

To send a webfax to possible conference committee members:
1. Login at http://www.isnamerica.org/loginform.asp
2. Select the Individual Webfax link
3. Select the state you are in and say Start Fax
4. Fill your particulars
5. In the "Select Senator/Congressmen To Send Fax:.(*)" select the first
option of sending to all possible conference committee members
6. Review and Submit

Imp Update

Hi Guys,

Today i met with Congressman Michael Fitzpatrick's District Director and the immigration assistant. My wife and I met with them for almost 45 min and they were really nice in listening to us and we presented the powerpoint presentation that sunjoshi had put up (we made a few changes). They were BOTH very impressed with the presentation and the organized effort and totally agreed with us that legal and illegal immigration shud be differentiated between. Very supportive people. We gave them hard and soft copies of the presentation and they said that they wud definetely forward it to the Congressman himself.

The district supervisor was aware of Sen Arlen Specter's bill etc and he asked me to think abt how they cud convince ppl from the south abt distinguishng between legal and illegal immigrants and succesfully get the bill passed. I told him that EB ppl have lots of VALID documentation like Passport/Visa stamps, Legal papers etc. Plus the labour department scrutinizes very well. He said if you have any more point PLS let us know, coz they support the Specter bill and need more ammo to convince the anti-immigrant community. So guys pls give ur suggestions.

We pretty much answered all the questions.

Let me know if anyone needs more info.

Excellent work !!!

nozdam said:
Hi Guys,

Today i met with Congressman Michael Fitzpatrick's District Director and the immigration assistant. [/B]

Excellent work Nozdam. Keep it up.
If it is okay can you please post your presentation.

Awesome job Nozdam

Sorry I could not make it.

I was also wondering if we can make a simple myth/reality document which explains stuff like

Myth : The provisions in the senate document will increase the number of aliens and lead to more unemployment for americans
Reality: The provisions only affect those individuals who are already working in the USA and will not affect any americans as they are already working here for the last 4-6 years.

Myth : The provision in the senate document proposed to increase the immigrant visas
Reality : The bill only 'recaptures' lost visa which were not allocated in the previous years

Any suggestions/ideas?

good job NOZDAM.....i hope we will all follow your footstep and meet congressman/women...........imagine if we can cover every state.....we will have some representation atleast....

he asked for specific suggestions for how to convince the anti-iimigration ppl abt distinguishing CLEARLY between legal and illegal immigrants/immigration.

ANYONE can gimme any thoughts. It will DEFINITELY help!

Guys PLS go meet ur local Congressmen/women. Even i was a skeptic, now i am a believer ;)

Guys Sunjoshi was right. Go in ur finest dress, take extra copies of the presentaion, in case there is more than one person. Remember to mention Sec 8001 of S1932. Go prepared. They were especially impressed by the presentation and effort we had taken. They said, some ppl come in with scriblings, that they cant even read and just throw some gibberish at them (their exact words). I can post you guys the presentation copy i gave him (IF anyone wants that).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Nozdam,

Great effort! Congrats!

I have written for an appointment as well. Could you post ur updated PPT file if you think it might add to what is already floating here.

Thanks

S.

nozdam said:
Hi Guys,

Today i met with Congressman Michael Fitzpatrick's District Director and the immigration assistant. My wife and I met with them for almost 45 min and they were really nice in listening to us and we presented the powerpoint presentation that sunjoshi had put up (we made a few changes). They were BOTH very impressed with the presentation and the organized effort and totally agreed with us that legal and illegal immigration shud be differentiated between. Very supportive people. We gave them hard and soft copies of the presentation and they said that they wud definetely forward it to the Congressman himself.

The district supervisor was aware of Sen Arlen Specter's bill etc and he asked me to think abt how they cud convince ppl from the south abt distinguishng between legal and illegal immigrants and succesfully get the bill passed. I told him that EB ppl have lots of VALID documentation like Passport/Visa stamps, Legal papers etc. Plus the labour department scrutinizes very well. He said if you have any more point PLS let us know, coz they support the Specter bill and need more ammo to convince the anti-immigrant community. So guys pls give ur suggestions.

Good job!! :)

NumbersUSA upping the Ante! Fight Back.

Title: You succeeded in stalling 350,000 immigration increase
Source: Email from NumbersUSA.com
URL Source: http://NumbersUSA.com
Published: Dec 7, 2005
Author: Roy Beck
Post Date: 2005-12-07 03:37:52 by out damned spot
Ping List: *Immigration Issues Ping List*
1 Comments

From: Roy Beck, President, NumbersUSA Date: Wednesday 7DEC05 1:15 a.m. EST

Hold the calls for now ... You succeeded in stalling 350,000 immigration increase!!

DEAR FRIENDS,

All of our sources tell us that the U.S. House negotiations are back on track on the giant Budget Reconciliation bill. That is, the House staff negotiators no longer appear to be open to the Senate's version that would increase total immigration by 350,000 every year.

This is a 180-degree turn-around in less than 30 hours!

The whole deal was going sour until you all turned on a massive phone and fax campaign starting late Monday afternoon.

You are an amazing group of Americans. While nearly 300 million of your fellow Americans went about their lives the last two days as if their entire future way of life wasn't in peril, you were in the middle of a remarkable show of grassroots power.

Please click here if you have not yet sent faxes this week about stopping any increase in immigration by Congress.

The Budget bill remains in negotiations among Senate and House committee staffers. A joint version will be sent to both Senate and House floors for a vote by the end of next week -- maybe even later this week.

Because immigration provisions are a very small part of this bill, this is the perfect setting for really bad immigration changes to be sneaked through. Your phone calls and faxes totally removed any secrecy about the Specter provision in most offices in Congress the last two days.

WHAT TO DO NEXT

Please just watch your in-box for Action Alerts from us. We'll be sending them as soon as there is clear action to be taken.

House Judiciary Chairman Sensenbrenner has just introduced a pretty strong enforcement bill against illegal immigration. Your NumbersUSA Capitol Hill Team worked all day with several Members of Congress to persuade them to introduce amendments to this bill to strengthen it.

This bill has become THE vehicle that will end up on the House floor likely next week.

Because your email provider or your own computer's spam blockers may often keep our Alerts from arriving in your in-box, I urge you to go to NumbersUSA.com at least once a day to see if your help is needed.

Guys since numbersUSA is so againt immigrants, maybe we can meet with their heads and convince THEM the difference between legal & illegal immigration. Also we can do the Myth/Reality presentation that someone suggested for THEM. Either that or a comprehensive presentaion with facts/figures to PROVE that though we take SOME jobs, we give BACK a lot more? Where are these guys situated. If they are close to Philadelphia, I wudnt mind taking the initiative.

Also Everyone PLS think abt what i asked earlier. We need to give the Congressmen a way of Clearly Distinguishing between legal and illegal immigrants.

Any thoughts??

The sole purpose of existence of 'NumbersUSA' is immigration restriction (euphemism for anti-immigration), be it legal or illegal and get it back to pre-1965 levels. So you are wasting time trying to talk sense to them. Besides, NumbersUSA is part of a broader FAIR coalition and very well funded.

Continue contacting the House Representatives/Senators. That is the only route to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent 2 faxes to the conference comitee members

All,

I sent 2 faxes to all conference comitee members using the webfax at isnamerica.org

gc_vsc

kewl said:
I have just sent FAX to *possible* conference committee members and senators/congressman of my state, on behalf of my wife and myself. It took me less than 1 min - thank you very much to people working behind curtain to make this possible.

:) If you don't mind, can you please tell me the meanings of (what do their abbrv. stand for)

I-140 (VSC) - RD, ND, LUD, and AD

Thank you in advance :)