S. 1932 Status

In need of sample letters to congress leaders

I am a first-time poster of this forum.

I have sent letters/emails to congressional members when the bills were up for vote in the senate and house in the past two months.

I don't know what to write to them this time for the final bill, what should be emphasized and what should be avoided?

Would some one provide some sample letters?

THis is a great forum and I like the honest and proactive atmosphere here. Thanks a lot.

Hello jugelion.

In www.isnamerica.org, there is an option for you to send webfax to congressleaders/senators. If you are looking just for a letter template, you can proceed until the 'preview fax' option, copy the template

Hope that helps.

Thanks..

Sincerely,
wellwisher

jugelion said:
I am a first-time poster of this forum.

I have sent letters/emails to congressional members when the bills were up for vote in the senate and house in the past two months.

I don't know what to write to them this time for the final bill, what should be emphasized and what should be avoided?

Would some one provide some sample letters?

THis is a great forum and I like the honest and proactive atmosphere here. Thanks a lot.

To pdakwala

Hello,

What does the attached list mean?. Are the committee members going to be selected from the list?

If it is, then we will make a consolidated list of all the members on isnamerica.org so that people will have option to select it as a default option. Pl. advise

Thanks.

pdakwala said:
URGENT UPDATE

Roy Blunt (Majority leader) have said on c-span that the conference committee will be working during the weekend and during next week to finish all the differences existing between S1932 and HR 4241. The final bill will be presented in both the house by end of next week. Currently the Senate staff and House staff are working on the differences. Once the conference committe is formed the bill will be presented to them and they will go through it in a day or two and then final bill will be presented to both the house.

Based on this information it looks like we should not wait for the names of the conference committee members. The conference committe is just a formal procedure. The things that needs to be done for this particular bill will be done through back door diplomacy; since it is very important for the current administration.

Instead of waiting for the committee member's name to be released we should just start sending letters to the leaders of both house and senate who are playing major role on the budget bill. I have attached the excell worksheet with phone, fax and emails of important people who have played major role in this bill. There is no point in waiting at this time. We all should start sending the letters.

This is not the conference committee member list. The name of the senators and house of representatives in the excell sheet are those who have played major role on HR 4241 and S 1932. They will also have major impact on the conference committee members once they are announced by the speaker.

There is a back door diplomacy going on between senate and house leaders to come up with the rough draft of the final version of the bill that can be passed by both the house. Once the conference committee members are selected they will go through this rough draft and will then quickly bring it on the floor naming it as a conference report. NUMBERSUSA is faxing these members requesting them not to add section 8001 and 8002 of the s 1932 in the final version of the bill.

Last edited by a moderator:
To jugelion

For your easy reference, pl. find below the template:

Email: joe.doe@yahoo.com

Subject: Please support Section 8001, Recapture of unused visa numbers, of the Senate Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006.

I am a concerned constituent and I urge you to vote in support of the Senate modifications incorporated in the Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 (S. 1932) passed by the Senate. Besides incorporating the House recommendations of increasing the L-1 visa fees, Section.8001 - Recapture of unused visa numbers, has provisions that serve to alleviate the problems of the American industry and numerous applicants. The action taken by the Senate Judiciary Committee proposes an increase in revenue by recapturing authorized, but never used, visa numbers for foreign workers with key skills in jobs for which U.S. workers are not available.

1. It may be noted that professionals who will be considered for these recaptured visa numbers, in most cases, are already employed in U.S. companies for the last 4-6 years and are law-abiding, tax-paying legal residents. They have been certified by the U.S. Department of Labor as high-skilled workers who will not be displacing existing American workers in the market. These applicants also have been certified to be highly qualified and suitable for the positions that the immigration opportunity is for.

2. The version proposed by the Senate Judiciary Committee has fee increases for L-1 as recommended by the House Judiciary Committee. It also proposes to raise the revenue from the recaptured visas.

3. The Senate Judiciary package would recapture unused employment based visas. This enables the U.S. industry to attract and retain the best talent from around the world, which is a major factor for American competitiveness. Arbitrary quotas on employment-based green cards for highly educated and skilled workers would jeopardize America's ability to attract and retain best talent-and ultimately jobs-in the United States.

4. The Senate Judiciary proposal permits the filing of I-485 application without having to wait for the priority date to become current. If this important proposal is not passed it hurts many highly skilled and qualified professionals currently holding key positions in the U.S. Without the ability to file for I-485 many qualified professionals will be forced to leave the U.S. and return back to their own countries taking highly specialized knowledge and experience with them. This is a major long term disadvantage for the US.

I, hereby urge you to vote in support of Section 8001, Recapture of unused visa numbers, of the Senate Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 when it comes up for consideration. Your vote will not only address the issue of deficit reduction but will also ensure that the United States of America will be in the forefront of science and technology and will retain the best talent from around the world.

Sincerely,

Joe Doe
Email: Joe.doe@yahoo.com

Individual Letter Template

For your easy reference, pl. find below the template:

Email: joe.doe@yahoo.com

Subject: Please support Section 8001, Recapture of unused visa numbers, of the Senate Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006.

I am a concerned constituent and I urge you to vote in support of the Senate modifications incorporated in the Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 (S. 1932) passed by the Senate. Besides incorporating the House recommendations of increasing the L-1 visa fees, Section.8001 - Recapture of unused visa numbers, has provisions that serve to alleviate the problems of the American industry and numerous applicants. The action taken by the Senate Judiciary Committee proposes an increase in revenue by recapturing authorized, but never used, visa numbers for foreign workers with key skills in jobs for which U.S. workers are not available.

1. It may be noted that professionals who will be considered for these recaptured visa numbers, in most cases, are already employed in U.S. companies for the last 4-6 years and are law-abiding, tax-paying legal residents. They have been certified by the U.S. Department of Labor as high-skilled workers who will not be displacing existing American workers in the market. These applicants also have been certified to be highly qualified and suitable for the positions that the immigration opportunity is for.

2. The version proposed by the Senate Judiciary Committee has fee increases for L-1 as recommended by the House Judiciary Committee. It also proposes to raise the revenue from the recaptured visas.

3. The Senate Judiciary package would recapture unused employment based visas. This enables the U.S. industry to attract and retain the best talent from around the world, which is a major factor for American competitiveness. Arbitrary quotas on employment-based green cards for highly educated and skilled workers would jeopardize America's ability to attract and retain best talent-and ultimately jobs-in the United States.

4. The Senate Judiciary proposal permits the filing of I-485 application without having to wait for the priority date to become current. If this important proposal is not passed it hurts many highly skilled and qualified professionals currently holding key positions in the U.S. Without the ability to file for I-485 many qualified professionals will be forced to leave the U.S. and return back to their own countries taking highly specialized knowledge and experience with them. This is a major long term disadvantage for the US.

I, hereby urge you to vote in support of Section 8001, Recapture of unused visa numbers, of the Senate Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 when it comes up for consideration. Your vote will not only address the issue of deficit reduction but will also ensure that the United States of America will be in the forefront of science and technology and will retain the best talent from around the world.

Sincerely,

Joe Doe
Email: Joe.doe@yahoo.com

Corporate Letter Template

Subject: Please support Section 8001, "Recapture of unused visa numbers", of the Senate Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 (S. 1932).

Our Company __________, based in __________ City, ___ State, urges you to vote in support of SEC. 8001 of the Senate Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 - "Recapture of unused visa numbers". The action taken by the Senate Judiciary Committee proposes an increase in revenue by recapturing authorized, but never used, visa numbers for foreign workers with key skills in jobs for which U.S. workers are not available. SEC. 8001 of S.1932 was proposed by the Senate Judiciary Committee to increase government revenue by allowing highly specialized foreign workers to complement the US work force. Although this bill was approved in the Senate on 11/3/05, the House version (H.R. 4241) did not have a similar clause. Hence we would like to urge the Senate and the House to incorporate these provisions in the conference committee recommendations and in the final version of this bill.
1. Please note that the highly skilled professionals face lengthy "green card" backlogs (in some cases, for more than 5 years) that will prevent them from becoming U.S. permanent residents in the foreseeable future. The inability of our company to hire these talented professionals on a permanent basis severely hinders our competitiveness in a dynamic and global economy.
2. The Senate Judiciary Committee's budget reconciliation package would give us some relief from the current `backlog' crises. It would provide for the modest recapture of already authorized but never used employment-based visas ("green cards") from prior years. While we are concerned about growing fees, we believe these increased fees represent a measured approach that satisfies the reconciliation target while providing increased access to employment-based visas.
3. Please note that the professionals, who will be considered for these recaptured visa numbers, are already working with us for more than 2-3 years. They have been a true asset to our organization and their talent and hard-working qualities are much desired. Subsequent to our rigorous but unfruitful recruitment efforts, these professionals have been certified by the US Department of Labor as high-skilled workers who are not displacing existing American workers in the market.

On behalf of my company, I request you to vote in support of Section 8001, "Recapture of unused visa numbers", of the Senate Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 when this comes up for consideration. This vote will not only raise much needed funds for deficit reduction, but will also ensure that the United States of America remains competitive in the fields of science and technology and retains the best talent from around the world.

Sincerely,

Thanks for the clarification, pdakwala

pdakwala said:
This is not the conference committee member list. The name of the senators and house of representatives in the excell sheet are those who have played major role on HR 4241 and S 1932. They will also have major impact on the conference committee members once they are announced by the speaker.

There is a back door diplomacy going on between senate and house leaders to come up with the rough draft of the final version of the bill that can be passed by both the house. Once the conference committee members are selected they will go through this rough draft and will then quickly bring it on the floor naming it as a conference report. NUMBERSUSA is faxing these members requesting them not to add section 8001 and 8002 of the s 1932 in the final version of the bill.

Hey guys,

I just sent web faxes to the S1932 committee members using www.isnamerica.org. It really took me less than a minute to do that. I hope all of us send web faxes to all of the committee members regardless of our categories or chargeabilities.

Good luck to all of us.

Regards.
:)

I just faxed to all possible conference committe members through IsnAmerica.com

Every one, who didn't fax, please do immidiately. Little more work needed. We will win soon.

I did fax on ISNAAMERICA.org on my name and and my wife name to CT,NY states and conference committee members in less than a minute. Please guys fax and we are in eleventh hour. Do batting perfectly.

Please fax to all conference committee members also. It is more important at this point. It is just one click !!

Good luck

sattemp said:
I have sent web faxes to all senators in Michigan.

Sent fax to all possible conference committee members

Is there anyway we can find out if these faxes are actually being sent?

hi ragz4u - i did request isnamerica.org admin and fax came just perfect..

hi ragz4u - i did request isnamerica.org admin to send test fax to my no and fax came just perfect..I just checked their forum too, seems like atleast 7,8 people tested and made sure they receievd nice copy.And after that only it seems they made it live.. so i guess it is ok.
Thanks
Sk

Sent FAX

I have just sent FAX to *possible* conference committee members and senators/congressman of my state, on behalf of my wife and myself. It took me less than 1 min - thank you very much to people working behind curtain to make this possible.