S. 1932 Status

Hi, all,
I think Nozdam's version on retrogression date looks better. In case a congressman or senator refers your ppt, "september 13 2005" could cause some confusion. But "oct 1 2005" is the actual date, everybody knows that.

updated ppt

1. Changed the dates of retrogression
2. Changed the background color. Someone mentioned that it was too bright.

Superman where are you? I have been looking to talk to you

Superman007 said:
I must admit that i am not fully versed with the finer points and intricacies of the bills 1932 and 8001.I am a victim of retrogression and still awaiting the filing of I-485 after I-140 approval in Jan-05.However , the silver lining is that i have an opportunity to meet congressman Mr. James Sensenbrenner(Rep.Wisconsin).I intend to use this opportunity to fullest advantage and hence doing a lil research and understanding the dynamics of this bill and Mr.Sensenbrenner's stand on this and other related issues!!!
If u guys have any pointers, pl let me know!!!!

Superman007 where are you? I have been trying to reach u, regarding your appointment with Congressman James Sensenbrenner. Please check your messages for my contact details. Please contact me ASAP. I would like to join in your efforts for the upcoming meeting with the congressman

Regards

Anyone here from New Jersey?

I live across the border in PA. I have already set up a meeting with my Congressman. Since i was close to jersey, i thought i cud contact the nearest Jersey Congressman Mr Rush. However his office said, since i wasnt in his district he cudnt help me at all.

Also, would it help us if we put the dates of retrogression like China and India for EB2 and EB3 as much as Jan98 and so they know it would take years (4 - 8) for a spouse on H4 visa (currently without SSN) to get a SSN. And this bill can give relief to such people by being able to file for 485 even when the numbers are not current.

And make sure that we are not asking for year quota increase but just re-use of unsed numbers of past years.

sunjoshi said:
The retrogression came into effect starting Oct-1, but I believe the announcement was made on Sep-13.

But I am open to changing that date, if everyone agrees.

anyone from connecticut

this is my first post here but as many of us here , i am also facing the same problem (retrogression) .
I personnally wanted to thank many of the people who are taking effort to get thsi problem solved .
i personnaly did send faxex and letters as directed by people in this forum.

I dont know the plotical definitions here in US.
But i am ready to meet with anybody (congressmen or who ever)..
i am from connecticut .
is anybody there from CT.
i am in middletown CT. i think our capital is hartford.
I have few questions:
1) whom to met (name of the person).
2) how to take an appointment.
3) what needs to be told (apart from what is there in the presentation).

Hi,
I am from Maryland, and have already written to my congressman for an appointment.

I assume Senator Sarbanes does not need any convincing - I have seen his replies on this and other forums.

What about the other Senator - we can try and meet her.

S.

manishi said:
this is my first post here but as many of us here , i am also facing the same problem (retrogression) .
I personnally wanted to thank many of the people who are taking effort to get thsi problem solved .
i personnaly did send faxex and letters as directed by people in this forum.

I dont know the plotical definitions here in US.
But i am ready to meet with anybody (congressmen or who ever)..
i am from connecticut .
is anybody there from CT.
i am in middletown CT. i think our capital is hartford.
I have few questions:
1) whom to met (name of the person).
2) how to take an appointment.
3) what needs to be told (apart from what is there in the presentation).
I am in connecticut in Norwalk, may be we could get in touch with congress man

The GOP conference is over. Roy Blund (Majority leader) said on c-span that the conference committee will be working during the weekend and during next week to finish all the differences existing between S1932 and HR 4241. The final bill will be presented in both the house by end of next week. Currently the Senate staff and House staff are working on the differences. Once the conference committe is formed the bill will be presented to them and they will go through it in a day or two and then final bill will be presented to both the house.

Based on this information it looks like we should not wait for the names of the conference committee members. Instead we should just start sending letters to the leaders of both house and senate who are playing major role on the budget bill.

pdakwala said:
The GOP conference is over. Roy Blund (Majority leader) said on c-span that the conference committee will be working during the weekend and during next week to finish all the differences existing between S1932 and HR 4241. The final bill will be presented in both the house by end of next week. Currently the Senate staff and House staff are working on the differences. Once the conference committe is formed the bill will be presented to them and they will go through it in a day or two and then final bill will be presented to both the house.

Based on this information it looks like we should not wait for the names of the conference committee members. Instead we should just start sending letters to the leaders of both house and senate who are playing major role on the budget bill.
Pdakwala,

It looks like the negotiation has already started between house and senate conferees, off the record. I want to send some faxes to GOP leadrers who has more influence in the budget resolution. Please, post some powerful GOP leaders in the house and senate, who will the probable conferees in the budget bill. It is better to send only targeted peoples who has influence.

pdakwala said:

Pardon my ignorance, what do u mean by GOP conference is over? I thought the coference is between members of both houses. Since it seems like that is going to happen over the weekend/next week, what is it that got over??

URGENT UPDATE

Roy Blunt (Majority leader) have said on c-span that the conference committee will be working during the weekend and during next week to finish all the differences existing between S1932 and HR 4241. The final bill will be presented in both the house by end of next week. Currently the Senate staff and House staff are working on the differences. Once the conference committe is formed the bill will be presented to them and they will go through it in a day or two and then final bill will be presented to both the house.

Based on this information it looks like we should not wait for the names of the conference committee members. The conference committe is just a formal procedure. The things that needs to be done for this particular bill will be done through back door diplomacy; since it is very important for the current administration.

Instead of waiting for the committee member's name to be released we should just start sending letters to the leaders of both house and senate who are playing major role on the budget bill. I have attached the excell worksheet with phone, fax and emails of important people who have played major role in this bill. There is no point in waiting at this time. We all should start sending the letters.

Suggest a change in phrase

sunjoshi said:
1. Changed the dates of retrogression
2. Changed the background color. Someone mentioned that it was too bright.
Great presentation. But, there is something that does not seem right on one of the slides. I can't understand what you were meaning to convey by "No visibility on important decisions" on the GC Retrogression Issue slide (I think slide #4). Did you mean "Uncertainty on important decisions"? I know that you were meaning to say that we are unable to take major decisions being on temporary visas. "Uncertainty" or "Inability to take major decisions" seems more appropriate here.

SUNJOSHI:

The Republican leaders met today (GOP CONFERENCE) to decide on the last week agenda. They met today when the House session was going on. The reporter had asked question to Roy Blunt that "Do you think one to two week is enough to resolve the differences between the bill passed by house and senate. To that question Roy had replied that most of the senate leaders are in the town and the senate staff and house staff will be working during the weekend and early next week.

The Democratic party leaders also met today (Democratic conference) to decide what needs to be done in the last week.