S. 1932 Status

Thanks for correcting my understanding

Stucklabor,

I appreciate your help in correcting my understanding. I too heard from folks on this forum that, he is anti-immigration patron. I will do my best in convincing the congressman to support our cause (retrogression relief).

Superman007: I have sent you my contact details, through private message. Please call me to discuss further details of your appointment with congressman James Sensenbrenner.

Best Regards,

stucklabor said:
Pipe_dream,

James Sensenbrenner is a member of the House of Representatives, NOT a Senator. If you do join Superman007 on his meeting, please make sure you address him as Representative.

You guys should also follow SunJoshi's lead and wear suits etc. Take SunJoshi's presentation on a laptop or a USB memory stick.

Sensenbrenner is being quoted by NumbersUSA as a anti-immigration proponent. If you manage to convert him to our cause that would be awesome, so please put your best foot forward.

Thanks.

What happened to isnamerica.org?

What happened to isnamerica.org. They had slowed down and now their site gets redirected to a forum.

Are we running behind in the race?

Dexter said:
As of Monday evening, House Republican negotiators are allowing the first of two radical Senate immigration provisions proposed by Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA) to stay in the pending Budget Reconciliation Conference report

Numbers USA is working on countering this effort:

http://www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/specterproposal.html

No body in this forum has not yet informed any updates in confrence process and committee members. It seems numbersusa is marching ahead of us. Guys open your eyes and update the confrenence process.

superman007 said:
Hey Guys,
I must admit that i am not fully versed with the finer points and intricacies of the bills 1932 and 8001.I am a victim of retrogression and still awaiting the filing of I-485 after I-140 approval in Jan-05.However , the silver lining is that i have an opprotunity to meet congressman Mr. James Sensenbrenner(Rep.Wisconsin).I intend to use this opportunity to fullest advantage and hence doing a lil research and understanding the dynamics of this bill and Mr.Sensenbrenner's stand on this and other related issues!!!
If u guys have any pointers, pl let me know!!!!

Thanks,
Mr. James Sensenbrenner is the most respected member among all the House of Representatives. He is kind of against immigration so be carefull in the points that you make to him. Following are few things that you need to make a note.

1. Do not use the word VISA. He will start thinking about the increase in H-1B visas
2. Focus more on unavailability of Green card to legal immigrants.
3. Ask for his help on including the section 8001 of S 1932 passed by senate in the final deficit reduction or budget cut bill.
4. Use the keywords such as Green card, legal immigrants contributes to the economy.
5. Make sure that you practice the presenatation at home or in front of your friends.

Our best wishes are with you. Keep up the good work. God is with you. I will pray to God for your success on this meeting.

Cheers

can_card said:
No body in this forum has not yet informed any updates in confrence process and committee members. It seems numbersusa is marching ahead of us. Guys open your eyes and update the confrenence process.
Can card, so far there is no news available. I will post things as soon as I have any information from the reliable sources.

At this time numberusa is trying to draw attention of other people and also trying to gain support by merging legal immigrant issue with the illegal immigrants. They would do their best to link our cause with the illegal immigrants. So everyone keep up the good work.

stucklabor said:
SunJ,

1. In the Legislation page, please modify the bullet point on Sen. Specter. He has not proposed several bills, he has marked up several competing bills into one bill so that everything can be discussed at one time. The bullet point should probably read

- Sen Specter: marked up several competing proposals into an omnibus bill for discussion in Spring 2006.

2. I agree with the people who wanted to drop the reference to '9/11' re: immigration restrictions. We should just replace '9/11' with 'recent'.

Thanks again for taking the initiative and actually doing something as opposed to those who sit and pontificate.

Thank You, and attached is an updated ppt.

I did receive a confirmation email from the congressman's office that they recevied the ppt, and will work on it.

I would request everyone not to worry about what isnamerica or any other group is doing. Our focus should be on educating lawmakers about our issue AND suggested proposals, and only that!.

Thanks for everyone's effort so far.

Good job SunJoshi.

Everyone, whoever sends the information to their congressman, please make sure that they have recevied the information. It is very important for us to know that.

The two weeks from today are very important for us so spend at least 15 minutes to send emails, fax or letters to the senators and house of representatives and ask for their support to solve the unavailability of green cards. The process of selecting the members taking part in the conference committee is over; however, their names have not been released. We will come to know in a day or two.

Campaign of contacting Senator/ HR

Hi All,

Just my thought and give your openion please:

Sunjoshi did excellent job by presenting our case to congressman with effective powerpoint presentation.

Now we should organize one team in each state. This team will take appointment of local Senetors/HR of their area and visit them in a small group, present a standard power point presentation to them.

We can start a separate threads for each state. All the people of our community can coordinate respective thread. One person can co-ordinate the appoinment and inform the team members. I think visit in a team will have big impact.

Atleast we can concentrate to conference committee members and team of that state must visit respective committe member and persuade him or her.

Please have your thought

Exactly my thoughts Priya

I am from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and can take responsibility to contact the Senators (Arlen Specter :) ) and house representatives.

If we make a list of users and which state we belong to, we can get a sense of how many ppl are committed to this effort and also if all the right senators and congressmen are covered.

Maybe we should start a new thread regarding this. Give it an appropriate name like 'MemberName, city/state'.

No need to start new thread. Just stick to this thread. All other thread that have been started since last few weeks are very dull.

If we have one thread everyone will stick to it and the effort will be very strong.

help needed

Ok Sunjoshi,

I got an appointment to meet with a miss Stacy of Congressman Fitzpatrick's immigration department on THIS THURSDAY (Dec 8th)

Need tips on what to tell her. ONLY if i convince her enough i can get an appointment with the big guy. I can get ur ppt, but i need ur oratory skills :)

My email is nozdam@gmail.com. Any chance u can email me ur contact number?

Thanks a ton

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ragz4u for your initiation. Good start.
All the people who can volunteer time for meeting with Senetors/ HR of PA are requested to contact ragz4u, who is taking lead. We know Arlen Specter is important person !!!

Ragz4U : Please provide your contact information

Good luck.

More people from different states are requested to come forward.

ragz4u said:
I am from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and can take responsibility to contact the Senators (Arlen Specter :) ) and house representatives.

If we make a list of users and which state we belong to, we can get a sense of how many ppl are committed to this effort and also if all the right senators and congressmen are covered.

Maybe we should start a new thread regarding this. Give it an appropriate name like 'MemberName, city/state'.

Nozdam,

Which state you belongs to?
Is is possible to invite other friends of your state during meeting with congressman. This will give good support to you and good impact on congressman.

nozdam said:
Ok Sunjoshi,

I got an appointment to meet with a miss Stacy of Congressman Fitzpatrick's immigration department on THIS THURSDAY (Dec 8th)

Need tips on what to tell her. ONLY if i convince her enough i can get an appointment with the big guy. I can get ur ppt, but i need ur oratory skills :)

My email is nozdam@gmail.com. Any chance u can email me ur contact number?

Thanks a ton

I am from Pennsylvania and if anyone wants to join me pls let me know.

Just to confirm, this is NOT a meeting with the Congressman himself, just with the Immigration Person.

House-Senate conference

http://www.townhall.com/blogs/capitolreport/TimChapman/story/2005/12/05/177854.html

Budget Reconciliation: The House-Senate conference to reconcile the two chambers' budget resolutions has unofficially begun with off-the-record discussions. It begins in earnest next week, and party leaders hope to have a conference agreement to vote on by next Thursday. ANWR will be the biggest in-conference issue that conferees will have to deal with.

nozdam said:
I am from Pennsylvania and if anyone wants to join me pls let me know.

Just to confirm, this is NOT a meeting with the Congressman himself, just with the Immigration Person.

What could I do for this?

Hi, I have sent faxes to my residence state PA senators/congressman and working state NY senator/congressman. What else could I for the next week? I live in Erie. If I can meet some congressman in Erie or close to Erie, I will make arraignment to meet with them. Please give me some direction.

Thank you all. So far we did great jobs.

Bin Xu