S. 1932 Status

raghuanu said:
Please see my previous post. I called Congressman Gene Green and spoke with the secretary. He is still not back in town. However I left a detailed message with the secretary explaining the difference between H1b and EB retrogression and requesting his support for section 8001 only and this can help generate additional income to help the deficit reduction bill.
She apologized for the confusion and took down my cell number in case the congressman had to call me back. Hope I will be able to speak with him soon.

Good job raghuanu. Just be polite and persistent. We have to drill it in and educate them.

nato said:
it is a big risk, because it has been used for someone else, if that person filed 485 and ported off and obviously has a chance of getting the 485 approved before yours or may be he is already approved, then you cannot get your 485 approved though you may get the PD transferred, as only 1 485 can get approved based on 1 labor/I-140. The other side is if that guy's 485 has not been approved, yours get approved first then you go first(highly unlikely though). you can verify if the 485 was not filed for that guy then your risk is limited to PERM getting denied with portablity of PD and you getting stuck

I completely agree with nato. you should find out whether any I-485 has been filed before for the labor you are going to use.

the situation is diff:

Please don't get confused. I have EB3 labor approved and also !-140 approved with PD date of May 2001. Now the new company wants to hire me and process labour EB2 (PERM) and transfer my old PD date to EB2. I am not taking any approved labor. I have already completed 9 years under H1B. Is there any risk when they process the labor like what if the labor(PERM) get rejected etc..... pls help...

mamamiax said:
Please don't get confused. I have EB3 labor approved and also !-140 approved with PD date of May 2001. Now the new company wants to hire me and process labour EB2 (PERM) and transfer my old PD date to EB2. I am not taking any approved labor. I have already completed 9 years under H1B. Is there any risk when they process the labor like what if the labor(PERM) get rejected etc..... pls help...

In order for you to transfer priority date of approved EB3 I-140, your EB2 labor and I-140 both must be approved. Priority dates are attached with I-140. While your new employer processes your EB2 PERM, after PERM approval I-140 MUST has to be approved for you to transfer previously approved I-140's PD.

Potential risk I see here is : if your previous employer revokes your I-140 or uses it for different person before your new EB2 I-140 gets approved, you would lose your PD and end up continuing new EB2 with new PD.

good job by Raghuanu

Hi Raghuanu,
you did a great job by explaining the difference.
We should concentrate on this and get more attention because many congressmen think we are stealing the jobs of Americans. We should say that we are cleared and certified by state department of labor that there are no americans for this job. By amendment of the senate bill US economy will be helped.
We are loosing the tempo and we should spend more time and act right now

Meeting with Congressman

I got an email with an invitation to meet Cong. Tom Price (R-GA) on Dec-3.

Anyone in the ATL area interested, let me know. More the merrier.
Tom price already supported HR 4241, but no harm in pusing the message further.

I hope some democrats invite me too :)

Good

Sunjoshi,

thank you very much for your efforts in trying to meet the congressman.. I hope someone joins you, if not wish you good luck in your one-to-one meeting with him.. If you explain him H1B is different from EB and that is what we are asking, he might prepare for a talk in the Congress which might enlighten other congressmen.

Good luck !

this might be bad news

out of 6 congressman who will play most part in reconciling diff.
version of congress and senate bill, 5 are anti immigration and one
undecided.

hence we should send the email to these guys 1st, to convice them.

Dennis Hastert A 225-2976 202-225-0697 Illinois
R Anti immigration
Roy Blunt B- 225-6536 202-225-5604 Missouri
R Anti immigration
Deborah Pryce D+ 225-2015 202-225-3529 Ohio R
Undecided
Jim Nussle B 225-2911 202-225-9129 Iowa R
Anti immigration
James Sensenbrenner B+ 225-5101 202-225-3190
Wisconsin R Anti immigration
Lamar Smith A 225-4236 202-225-8628 Texas R
Anti immigration

i don't know about senators which are as below

- Bill Frist (R-TN) -- Majority Leader
- Mitch McConnell (R-KY) -- Majority Whip
- Jon Kyl (R-AZ) -- Republican Policy Committee Chair
- Arlen Specter (R-PA) -- Chair of the Judiciary Committee
- Judd Gregg (R-NH) -- Chair of the Budget Committee

Educating lawmakers

Educating senators/congressmen about the EB retrogression related issues is NEVER going to be a waste. Therefore we shouldn't lose heart or become disappointed whatever maybe the outcome of Sec 8001/2 in the reconciliation bill. Afterall, this is supposed to be a budget bill anyway (its only a bonus for us that it even sneaked in).
Listening to many lawmakers, it is obvious that many of them WANT to do SOMETHING our problem. If not with the curent one, there will most definitely be some other immig bill to address our issues. Infact many of the senators opposing S.1932 have agreed that there IS a problem, but this bill may not be the best to address it.

So I would expect some bill early next year to pop up, if this one doesn't work. Please keep the emails/fone calls/faxes/face-to-face meetings going.
We should be in for the long haul :)

I am in Texas, I want to educate Lamar Smith
How can I Do it? Anybody know his fax number, email address?
Anybody has a will written letter?

Lamar Smith

Contact Information

Web Site: lamarsmith.house.gov
E-mail: look here --> http://www.congress.org/congressorg/bio/?id=575

Washington Office:
2184 RHOB
Washington, D.C. 20515-4321
Phone: (202) 225-4236
Fax: (202) 225-8628

Main District Office:
1100 NE Loop 410, #640
San Antonio, TX 78209
Phone: (210) 821-5024
Fax: (210) 821-5947

i'm interested...pls

sunjoshi said:
I got an email with an invitation to meet Cong. Tom Price (R-GA) on Dec-3.

Anyone in the ATL area interested, let me know. More the merrier.
Tom price already supported HR 4241, but no harm in pusing the message further.

I hope some democrats invite me too :)
good effort sunjoshi....i'm in atlanta and interested to meet him...is there any way i can contact you ????,,,

waiting for reply

dhaval

I've got a response from my congressman and all what he sees is H1B VISA # INCREASE!

Guys, please do more effort in explaining to them that we are not talking about H1B #s increase! Please educate them about EB retrogression.

MORE EFFORT PLEASE - it is our ONLY chance for now. Common, we can do it!

Sample letter

Can anyone draft a letter stressing more on retrogression

We all can forward to senators and congressman with little change to it.

Thanks

Does anyone know when the Conference Commitee members will be announced. We need to focus all our energies on convincing them. That should be our first priority.
Isnt the Conference commitee the next step in this journey ? Please let me know if im wrong.
Thanks

any idea

anyone has idea when this bill will come into affect so that we can apply for ead/ap ?
suppose if 1932/4241 will go and signed by president by christmas day???

The bill will come into affect only when everyone at least send faxes, emails or letters to their House and representatives and Senators.

There are many people like you who have asked such questions like this. Instead of writing this questions on this newsgroup you should have use that time sending an email to your senator. Don't expect any miracle and don't think that others are working so you don;t have to do anything. Please take some interest and start helping the immigration community.

Many people who are affected by this retrogression are working behind the scene. They are taking some time off and writing a letter and faxing it to the United States senators and house of representatives. Try to do that first and you will get the answer to your question.

Cheers

as you know pdakwala, i already did send faxes to NY,NJ,MA,Va senators and congressmen
so i dont think that we are simply coming here and posting ..we are also doing our part to send faxes to all senators where we are staying

pdakwala said:
The bill will come into affect only when everyone at least send faxes, emails or letters to their House and representatives and Senators.

There are many people like you who have asked such questions like this. Instead of writing this questions on this newsgroup you should have use that time sending an email to your senator. Don't expect any miracle and don't think that others are working so you don;t have to do anything. Please take some interest and start helping the immigration community.

Many people who are affected by this retrogression are working behind the scene. They are taking some time off and writing a letter and faxing it to the United States senators and house of representatives. Try to do that first and you will get the answer to your question.

Cheers