S. 1932 Status

Its all speculation right now.

The report also mentioned that kennedy/McCain Bill also has such a provision (Legals ahead of illegals) but I haven't seen anything like that.

We'll just have to wait and watch. But since Bush is looking for some positive energy before 2006 elections, I am guessing he is really going to push this reform. And when he REALLY wants something done, he usually has his way :)

I think i feel good about 2 things

Several senators are coming out with immigration bills the latest one being from arlen specter (still in draft mode). All of these bills have one thing in common
To provide automatic adjustment of status to people who have an advanced degree(M.S or higher) and have worked 3 yrs in U.S. (no cap restriction or country restriction)
Assuming that most of us in this forum can potentially use this clause i feel that when this becomes law(early next year i guess) a lot of us would get the gc much faster that way than waiting for our priority dates to become current.
Ofcourse the current S1932 bill is equally important so that we can file for the I-485 in the first place.
If these 2 bills become law by early next year i think we can get our GC sometime next year itself.

are you serious? automatic adjustment for just having an advanced degree?

that sounds tooooooo good to be true or to even happen!!!

peterpan21 said:
I think i feel good about 2 things
Several senators are coming out with immigration bills the latest one being from arlen specter (still in draft mode). All of these bills have one thing in common
To provide automatic adjustment of status to people who have an advanced degree(M.S or higher) and have worked 3 yrs in U.S. (no cap restriction or country restriction)

sundar99 said:
Did you folks watch CNN... they are sort of legalising ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS WORKING in US, and probably award GCs to them eventually. I saw some Senators are supporting legal immigration (did not catch the name), perhaps we need to contact these senators, this will be effective.

Well we really dont need to contact the senators who are supporting immigration.No need to convince them they are already convinced. If anybody needs to be educated its those who are against it.

neocor

Please some one take lead to draft letter and send to the President office on behalf of legal immigrants waiting for GC. The letter may high light problem of legal immigrant waiting for GC. They must give priority before thinking about illegal immigrants.

sunjoshi said:
Its all speculation right now.

The report also mentioned that kennedy/McCain Bill also has such a provision (Legals ahead of illegals) but I haven't seen anything like that.

We'll just have to wait and watch. But since Bush is looking for some positive energy before 2006 elections, I am guessing he is really going to push this reform. And when he REALLY wants something done, he usually has his way :)

The President can do it .........

It seems the President can sign the bill after adding the retrogress benefits if he wills even though the recon team would not pass it, bring your efforts together guys. Contact someone at the White House.

Here is the link showing severe shortage of skilled manpower in construction industry

http://enr.ecnext.com/free-scripts/...le=febiar051114

This article was published in ENR.com, a number one megazine for construction industry.
We should collect this kind of proofs from each and every industry (Not just IT and Health care) and fax them to all Senators and House reps.
It is real problem of skilled labor. If government will not take timely action, the situation would be worse than ever. The US may loose leadership stand and competativeness in global economy.

Thanks drirshad. I posted this message on other thread few days from now. Thanks for supporting and enforcing basic idea.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=197018

I invite every one for open discussion and request to collect evidence of labor shortage and fax them to senaters, HR, and president office with a request to support S 1932 with section 8001.

Thanks

drirshad said:
It seems the President can sign the bill after adding the retrogress benefits if he wills even though the recon team would not pass it, bring your efforts together guys. Contact someone at the White House.

Here is the link showing severe shortage of skilled manpower in construction industry

http://enr.ecnext.com/free-scripts/...le=febiar051114

This article was published in ENR.com, a number one megazine for construction industry.
We should collect this kind of proofs from each and every industry (Not just IT and Health care) and fax them to all Senators and House reps.
It is real problem of skilled labor. If government will not take timely action, the situation would be worse than ever. The US may loose leadership stand and competativeness in global economy.

voldemarv said:
Check this 2 links:
http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/news/2005,1130-HR4241SAP.pdf and
http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/news/2005,1130-omnibusSAP.pdf
Administration supports senate version of immigration part in the bill.

This is from the administration policy pdf:

Judiciary Committee
The Administration does not support the proposal to impose new fees on companies filing
applications for certain employment-based visas to fund non-immigration-related activities
unless the proposal is restructured to require that the fees be deposited in the Department of
Homeland Security's Immigration Examinations Fee Account to support immigration
adjudication and naturalization services.

It seems like either it is an 'ALL' or 'NOTHING' stand. It appears that the president does NOT support the immigration provisions in the recon bill.

sunjoshi said:

Judiciary Committee
The Administration does not support the proposal to impose new fees on companies filing
applications for certain employment-based visas to fund non-immigration-related activities
unless the proposal is restructured to require that the fees be deposited in the Department of

It seems like either it is an 'ALL' or 'NOTHING' stand. It appears that the president does NOT support the immigration provisions in the recon bill.
No. President is against House version of the bill. This is from next document

----------------------------
Judiciary Committee

The Administration supports the proposal to impose new fees on companies filing applications for certain employment-based visas. Although the Administration would prefer that the fees be based on recovering operational costs, it has no objection as these increased collections would be deposited in the Department of Homeland Security's Immigration Examinations Fee Account.
-----------------------------

Ok, there is Q&A in Whitehouse.gov.

November 30, 2005
Discuss Border Security Now

Michael Chertoff, Secretary of Homeland Security, is discussing Border Security and Immigration Reform now.

Go here and ask your question...just for TODAY!!
http://www.whitehouse.gov/ask/

Guys ball is slowly rolling. By the end of next week we will know the name of the members in the conference committe.

"A conference on the House and Senate versions of the spending reconciliation bill will be a primary item on the agenda when Congress reconvenes in December. Click here
http://www.house.gov/budget_democrats/analyses/06summary_house_senate_reconciliation.pdf
to read a document by the House Budget Committee Democratic staff that provides a comprehensive analysis and comparison of key differences and similarities between the two bills.

Met Senator Kyl at a get-together

pdakwala said:
Guys ball is slowly rolling. By the end of next week we will know the name of the members in the conference committe.

"A conference on the House and Senate versions of the spending reconciliation bill will be a primary item on the agenda when Congress reconvenes in December. Click here
http://www.house.gov/budget_democrats/analyses/06summary_house_senate_reconciliation.pdf
to read a document by the House Budget Committee Democratic staff that provides a comprehensive analysis and comparison of key differences and similarities between the two bills.
Met Senator Kyl at a get-together today.
I asked him his position regarding the Green Card numbers.
He replied obliquely," There will be some compromise. The Senate roundly rejected Senator Byrd's amendment, which was the same as the House proposals. I am sure in conference they will fight hard for the Senate proposals. I am not going to be on that sub-committee, as I will be on 2 other sub-committees. You will know in 2 weeks."

This may be a good news from white house. Not a bad news at all. The main concern of white house is how to deposit or spend the additional money generated from immigration fees. Both the reports do not talk about recapturing unused visa numbers is not relevant to budget bill. Therfore it is a good sign that, Bush sign the final bill from conference committee, even if it contains section 8001 of S.1932.

Thanks to ilw.com

sunjoshi said:

Judiciary Committee

Urgent !!!

Folks : Look at this article
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB113...in_commentaries

It speaks about all our problems clearly in Wall Street Journal, written by no less than a Nobel laureate of international fame. We need to fax this to all the senators, they get to see with unbiased mind. Also, the article distinguishes H1, Gc and current system failure for permanent immigration to US.

hello sundar99

can you please copy and paste the content of the message here. The link you posted is only available to WSJ subscribers.