S. 1932 Status

Good catch

GCBY2010 its good catch. what if some people try to spoil our effort? shall we bring up this issue with isnamerica.org so that, they can address this issue before any damage is done?. Gurus any thoughts??.

GCBy2010 said:
indio0617,

I believe "texancanadian" in this forum is from the Houston area if I remember right..

Also one more thought about the email to Fax that isnamerica.org is working on. what happens if anti-immigration people start sending out faxes using this website to accomplish their purpose.. It is so convenient for anyone to use and it will get known immediately. what is the safeguard against this ?

This is the reason I believe, anti-immigration sites like numbersusa.com don't allow users to customize their (hardcoded !) letters. May be when isnamerica.org lets us send any letter that we draft, the subject line should be fixed and mention something "in favor of", which should not be editable !! Do others have any thought on this..

All,

I have added the link provided by spgtopper in my signature so that its easy for people who join in and don't waste time to look for the draft. And also its good idea for people who regularly moderate to add these kind of imp links to there signature.

thx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Contact Information for members of the House Budget Committee

I have attached the contact Information for all the members of the House Budget Committee. I am faxing each and every one of them a copy of the letter. I hope as many of you as possible would also do it. This is one chance for us to make things right and there is minimal work involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
spgtopper said:
1) Please see msg. #451 on this (S.1932 status) thread. That is a FINAL PERSONALIZED version of the letter that I had my husband send.
2) A more general version is attached.
3) Write to congressmen at the moment because they can add amendments (we will write to conference committee members later). a. Find your zip code: http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp,
b) Also, find your congressman here: http://www.house.gov/writerep/
4) Google the congressperson and find contact details on their website itself. You can email most of them too. Som of them you ahve to FAX.

It doesn't matter if others are not taking efforts. Trust me, there are MANY who have no clue about what is going on. Also, if we send the same letter - it will be a good sign to show that we as an immigrant community/diaspora are tremndously united.

S.

I sent to Congressman Kenney Merchant of TX using the above Document.. :)

I have a question

All:

I would like to ask a simple question here. We are making a template of a letter and then personalizing it slightly and faxinge-mailing to House reps/Senators/Committee etc. Well thats OK and lets keep doing that.

But how about we modify the letter slightly so it becomes generic and then list the names of people who are in support...like a petition.....and then just one document with a ton of names on it. That way, they dont have to read hundreds of pages to get the same message. And they will see the NEED by looking at the number of people who ahve listed their name on it. It wont too much effort for people to just add their name to such a common document. I have asked some of my friends to participate in sending letters to Senators but they are lazy. However, if I just tell them to go to a site and submit their name, they will readily do it.

Does this make sense? If not, you can ignore it.

Status

Guys,

I've been gone for a week (travelling) and couln't log on here. Can some give me a status on this issue with the congress? When is it schdeuled for hearing and voting? Our next steps?

Thanks guys. keep it going

Hey Sunjoshi,

I called GOP office and they told me that the budget Reconcilliation bill most probably will be on the floor for discussion in the House tomorrow in the morning at 10.00 a.m.

We are still not able to get hold of one House Representative who can bring amendment for us in the House. Everyone please work hard and keep sending fax and emails to the the house of representative.

Democrats will oppose the bill

I just spoke with someone in Barabara Lee's (D/ CA) office. The democrats are going to oppose the bill and it seems unlikely that any democrat will introduce an amendment in a bill they will totally oppose.

pdakwala said:
Hey Sunjoshi,

I called GOP office and they told me that the budget Reconcilliation bill most probably will be on the floor for discussion in the House tomorrow in the morning at 10.00 a.m.

We are still not able to get hold of one House Representative who can bring amendment for us in the House. Everyone please work hard and keep sending fax and emails to the the house of representative.

GOP Leaders May Drop ANWR to Win Votes for Budget Bill November 9, 2005 by Congressional Quarterly

House GOP leaders appear likely to drop a provision opening Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil drilling and make other changes to win votes from reluctant moderates for the budget-savings bill set for floor action tomorrow. Charles Bass, R-N.H., maintained that the drilling provision must come out of the bill (HR 4241) or it will fail. Although some leaders have floated raising fuel efficiency standards for motor vehicles instead of dropping the ANWR provision, Bass said that would not fly. Michael N. Castle, R-Del., a leading moderate, said deletion of ANWR is only the "starting point" for negotiations with leadership. Moderates also want smaller spending cuts to social programs. "They are the usual suspects - food stamps, foster care, child support, all the things you've been writing about," Castle said. Majority Leader Roy Blunt, R-Mo., left the door open to changes when the Rules Committee meets this evening. "We'll just have to see how things develop later today, and what is the most helpful thing for this bill," Blunt said.

http://www.c-span.org/capitolspotlight/index.asp

My version

Sorry but I was so busy the past few days I was unable to pay much attention to this, I would have written this earlier.

I generally don't like to use other people's writing, but I though I'd share my version to whoever is interested in a different writing style:

Let's do this and keep our fingers crossed.

santosh_30 said:
All:

I would like to ask a simple question here. We are making a template of a letter and then personalizing it slightly and faxinge-mailing to House reps/Senators/Committee etc. Well thats OK and lets keep doing that.

But how about we modify the letter slightly so it becomes generic and then list the names of people who are in support...like a petition.....and then just one document with a ton of names on it. That way, they dont have to read hundreds of pages to get the same message. And they will see the NEED by looking at the number of people who ahve listed their name on it. It wont too much effort for people to just add their name to such a common document. I have asked some of my friends to participate in sending letters to Senators but they are lazy. However, if I just tell them to go to a site and submit their name, they will readily do it.

Does this make sense? If not, you can ignore it.

I like this idea of santosh_30,
is this okay to give all our names and send one document to each congressman ???
any thoughts]

People In Oregon, Please Use These Fax Numbers

I JUST FAXED MY LETTERS TO THE CONFRESSMEN/WOMAN IN OREGON
OTHER MEMBER OF THIS FORUM FROM ROREGON CAN ALSO USE THIS DATA

Representative Darlene Hooley
2430 RHOB
Washington, D.C. 20515-3705
Phone: (202) 225-5711
Fax: (202) 225-5699

Representative David Wu
1023 LHOB
Washington, D.C. 20515-3701
Phone: (202) 225-0855
Fax: (202) 225-9497

Representative Greg Walden
1210 LHOB
Washington, D.C. 20515-3702
Phone: (202) 225-6730
Fax: (202) 225-5774

Representative Earl Blumenauer
2446 RHOB
Washington, D.C. 20515-3703
Phone: (202) 225-4811
Fax: (202) 225-8941

Representative Peter A. DeFazio
2134 RHOB
Washington, D.C. 20515-3704
Phone: (202) 225-6416
Fax: (202) 225-0032

Please send fax to congress NOW. Easy way

Congress is meeting tomorrow to introduce an Ammendment in the House for bill# 4241 in line with the S.1932, Sections 8001 & 8002.

Please visit: http://www.isnamerica.org/ and fax congressman from this site, it is very easy.. just few clicks.

-Vinod

Amendment?

Where did you read that there is going to be an amendment? Can you please post the link.

swarnapuri said:
Congress is meeting tomorrow to introduce an Ammendment in the House for bill# 4241 in line with the S.1932, Sections 8001 & 8002.

Please visit: http://www.isnamerica.org/ and fax congressman from this site, it is very easy.. just few clicks.

-Vinod

Guys please email your H1B friends and ask them to forward. Beleive me there are many who dont know whats happening, I came across a few.
But dont randomly spam, please send targeted mail.

I learnt it from an other thread in this forum

ram_ram said:
Where did you read that there is going to be an amendment? Can you please post the link.

I learnt it from an other thread in this forum