S. 1932 Status

that's what i just proposed

Just few minutes back i suggested the same, but can someone please comeup quickly with few sentences

khodalmd said:
It appears from this report that More resistance from House for section 8001/8002.
We should request some conference members from Senate side, to include 8001/8002 with higher fees. They desperately need money. We should trade with higher fees.

Shall we start calling conference members that we don't mind if $ 1000 (instead of $500) will be charged for use of recaptured 90K EB visa. They will have double revenue and House may be aggree on this issue.

Please express your views. If every one feel Ok, we should start communicating to conference members to negotiate with anti-immigrant lawmakers

Let's stick with our calls and faxes. By offering high fees incentive it may send wrong signal. They may think that we are challenging their intentions, or we are kind of giving them carrot and start thinking that there is something wrong.

I would say let them decide what they want. We should keep the pressure on. I think that we should also start calling the House of representatives who were initially involved in budget committtee.

I agree with pdakwala, pls lets not discuss money with these ppl over the phone. Esp with their office staff. It will seem like we are openly buying visas and only give more ground to anti-immigration ppl.

Last edited by a moderator:
S-1932 in discussion on C-Span right now @ 5:10 PM EST

Dont remember the house reader mentioned anything reg sec 8001 / 8002.
Can someone correct me ?

S. 1932:
to provide for reconciliation pursuant to section 202(a) of the concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2006 ( H. Con. Res. 95)

Yes. While advising the conferees, there was no mention of sec 8001/2.

And I think they are going off of the original senate bill

There is no discussion on Section 8001 and 8002. As long as House do not discuss this we are fine. This would mean that the inclusion of hte immigration clause will be decided by the conference committee.

Let's build the bridge step by step.

I think they are going off of the original senate bill ...that is what i have heard too ...

if this is TRUE .... what a relief !!!

let's wait ...

I dont think we should get to this issue of money at all to get 8001 passed. For now we should just keep doing what we are doing and pray to God. If this fails, we should keep this momentum and develop a group from the energy generated here and have an organized group.

Keep calling and faxing and hope for the best

We will prevail because we are not doing anything wrong.

Motion to instruct is only for few contentious issues - it is highly unlikely that they will do that for 8001. So let us not worry about that.