S. 1932 Status

May be that is not that important for them to discuss. they may just include/decline without even discussing about it. any thoughts ???

Basic Question about S.1932 8001 provision

Gurus,
I have a very basic question about S. 1932 8001 provision about dependents. My EB2 485 was filed before Sept 30 retro, I got married before retro. But my wife could not file along with me for 485 and how she has to wait till the visa numbers become current. Will the provision 8001 of S. 1932 help me flile her 485 immediately after it becomes law?
Thanks in advance...

D S

Some of the proposals.

I am watching this for the first time on CSPAN2, and i did not hear anything abt Visa/Immigration words. They are basically bashing job outsourcing and some law passed a few years ago (not sure what it is), they talked abt WTO restrictions.

They said voting would take place at 11.45, not sure abt specifics.

The Senate will convene at 9:45 AM and will proceed with morning business. At 10:15 AM, the Senate will proceed to the Motion to Instruct Conferees on S. 1932 (Deficit Reduction Bill). At 11:45 AM, there will be three stacked votes on the Motions to Instruct Baucus, Carper and Harkin on the Deficit Reduction Bill. After the votes, the Senate will adjourn until 2:15 PM for the Republican party caucus.

Re

Dude,

Atleast you made it, so you can definately sponsor your wife in due course . I believe your wife cannot benefit s1932 since she is not the primary applicant.

DSLstart said:
Gurus,
I have a very basic question about S. 1932 8001 provision about dependents. My EB2 485 was filed before Sept 30 retro, I got married before retro. But my wife could not file along with me for 485 and how she has to wait till the visa numbers become current. Will the provision 8001 of S. 1932 help me flile her 485 immediately after it becomes law?
Thanks in advance...

D S

Question abt "Conference Report"...

They are referring to "Conference Report" which in my opinion is reconciled version. Is it out there for public viewing or they are working on it ?

Dam it. Three weeks have passed. They are still negotiating. I don't understand what they want. This bill is killing me now.

for S1932, Are you sure it started, doesnot look like yet

satyasaich said:
Yes, the debate just started in senate and i'm watching C-span
Keep the fingers crossed and hope for the best

pdakwala said:
Dam it. Three weeks have passed. They are still negotiating. I don't understand what they want. This bill is killing me now.

There are dragging this on and on..... My hopes on this are fading.

yeah .. they debated on Medicare. Now Senator Tom Carper (D - Delaware ) is talking about Emergency Family Assistance

nato
The conference committee is still working. These discussions are ONLY for those topics where disagreements have been reached.