S. 1932 Status

Hey Techy,
I agree with you nobody here to do charity..but charging somuch amount for such simple questions is not good..that is only I wanted to convey..nobody is crying for your information...
tryo to understand the post..I just mentioned how you can save money by contacting immigration-law.com attorneys for some questions whcih you want to know answer..

That is why

Well said.
People are what they are.
Nobody is going to stand for our cause unless it aligns with theirs.
One more reason to support IV. Take part. Contribute. Make a diffence - however small it may be.

techy2468 said:
sorry guys.....but its their business....stop crying about it.....nobody is here to do charity.....not even us....if we get enough moolah.....we can dump any employer in a flash.....even though he may be a good employer....

It is time to join together at IV NOW!!!

We nearly tasted success at S.1932, but we only lost because AILA & business leaders had their own agenda. Everyone, everyone - including the anti-immigrationists agree that something is bound to happen with immigration (they want to just restrict themselves to border security / enforcement). Most people think the bills will get a hearing end-March 2006.
Imagine if we had IV up & running, and QGA speaking for us during S. 1932! Just imagine, just imagine, friends !
BTW I am just a victim of retrogression, and do not personally know anyone at IV.
Well, we can only move forward - but some people have gotten together to start IV ! But only all of us can see it to fruition! We owe it to ourselves and our families to have our voices heard!
Contacting senators / Congressmen, sending faxes & emails and all of the other stuff is important. But, all legislation is actually a collection of deals made behind the scenes. Those of you who know the S. 1932 stories, and I just heard whatever was posted here & there and do not personally have any special inside info, know that the anti-retro provisions were there only because of AILA / business lobbying.
Think about this - somebody went to a CA Senator's office recently, and were told that they were unaware of retrogression. It is possible that only the staffer was unaware / uninformed, and yet, both the CA Senators had voted against the Byrd amendment!
Quite possible (a)the staffer was unaware - one of the CA Senators is actually fighting for re-election, and Cindy Sheehan has actually thought of opposing her - so she may be hiring more/new staff. But,(b) maybe the Senator is indeed unaware.
Yet she voted for us when it was needed!
It was the lobbying that made it possible.
LOBBYISTS ARE A LEGITIMATE WAY TO GET HEARD in Washington,
AND THEY NEED TO BE PAID.
Please do the math for yourself everybody, vote with your wallet now, and hope to be successful soon!
Or, wait years on the death row version of Immigration, with no end in sight in the normal course!
JOIN IV NOW, and get your friends / neighbors / relatives/ everyone who can - atleast do it yourself - for yourself!

Hi!
well i did make contributions in Immigrationvoice and also have had my friends do that. But what is IV ?

BoxOfChocs said:
We nearly tasted success at S.1932, but we only lost because AILA & business leaders had their own agenda. Everyone, everyone - including the anti-immigrationists agree that something is bound to happen with immigration (they want to just restrict themselves to border security / enforcement). Most people think the bills will get a hearing end-March 2006.
Imagine if we had IV up & running, and QGA speaking for us during S. 1932! Just imagine, just imagine, friends !
BTW I am just a victim of retrogression, and do not personally know anyone at IV.
Well, we can only move forward - but some people have gotten together to start IV ! But only all of us can see it to fruition! We owe it to ourselves and our families to have our voices heard!
Contacting senators / Congressmen, sending faxes & emails and all of the other stuff is important. But, all legislation is actually a collection of deals made behind the scenes. Those of you who know the S. 1932 stories, and I just heard whatever was posted here & there and do not personally have any special inside info, know that the anti-retro provisions were there only because of AILA / business lobbying.
Think about this - somebody went to a CA Senator's office recently, and were told that they were unaware of retrogression. It is possible that only the staffer was unaware / uninformed, and yet, both the CA Senators had voted against the Byrd amendment!
Quite possible (a)the staffer was unaware - one of the CA Senators is actually fighting for re-election, and Cindy Sheehan has actually thought of opposing her - so she may be hiring more/new staff. But,(b) maybe the Senator is indeed unaware.
Yet she voted for us when it was needed!
It was the lobbying that made it possible.
LOBBYISTS ARE A LEGITIMATE WAY TO GET HEARD in Washington,
AND THEY NEED TO BE PAID.
Please do the math for yourself everybody, vote with your wallet now, and hope to be successful soon!
Or, wait years on the death row version of Immigration, with no end in sight in the normal course!
JOIN IV NOW, and get your friends / neighbors / relatives/ everyone who can - atleast do it yourself - for yourself!

IV is ImmigrationVoice!

Everready said:
Hi!
well i did make contributions in Immigrationvoice and also have had my friends do that. But what is IV ?
My fault - IV is ImmigrationVoice!
Great! Others have to understand that in Retrogression we will all be together! Better to be victorious together!

Accountability

BoxOfChocs said:
My fault - IV is ImmigrationVoice!
Great! Others have to understand that in Retrogression we will all be together! Better to be victorious together!

I would happily contribute to IV if someone can tell about the:

1) Accountability (how much money is coming in and where is it going--precisely). This is because I would like to know where my money is going.

2) Achievements of IV in the past couple of years.

IV is couple of months old. Please go to immigrationinvoice.org and read the details. Money goes to lobbying efforts for retrogression reliefs. It is run by volunteers who are affected by Ret.. like us. I called them and talked to them before contributing the money. They are our only shot at this time. I would recommend you to contribute. Think about it and it is only couple of months of your cable bill. I would recommend not to pay attention (other than reading) to guys like hardon. Call them at the number given in their website and decide it for yourself. I don't feel good that guys like hardon did not take any effort to talk to them instead question the motives(which makes me think that his interests do not align with us) We got to be smarter to think above it. (What w0ould an under cover agent from numberusa.com would do derail our efforts?)

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:

1) Accountability (how much money is coming in and where is it going--precisely). This is because I would like to know where my money is going.

Hi LC_Ki_Kahaani,
Your concers are very valid and i too had the same before i contributed and went around asking others to do so ( with modereate amount of success but i have not given up). At the end of the day the people who are really taking the brunt of the retrogression are INDIANS and there are not may people out there ready to help. Even the lawyers who seem so sympathetic are only too happy refilling your H1s. I did make sure that the guys at IV are doing what they claim they are and as for the money part.. well you, me and all those at IV are capable of making 200,000 thousand a year if only we are not tied down by the retrogression...... so a thought that they are doing all this to make some money does not sound too realistic. I will make my third contribution this week and I HAVE FAITH THAT THIS WILL WORK.... we Indians need to trust one another and take charge of our own destiny or this chance will pass and no one will shed any tears for us. So go ahead make a contribution howsoever small ... this will really encourage them. Let us make it work together.

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:

This is my rational for contributing to IV.

I have been turned down many better opportunities at the last hiring step due to my immigration issue. The lost is both monetary and career wise. Not to mention losing out on the real estate boom due to fear of job instability. So the money I contributed to IV is nothing comparing with those losses. Yes, true, I am not rich by any means, never buy anything fancy or at full price. That is also due to this daunting GC resulting in one income in my household. But we are going to lose more if there is no relief of the retrogression.

I know my limitations in terms of being actively involved with the campaign. But I totally admire the volunteers at IV for their time, effort and courage.

Disclaimer, I have no interaction with any of the volunteers, except on this forum. I am not Indian either. But I trust them doing this with the right intensions. Thanks.

I agree with meg. I am silent observer of this forum and IV and not an indian as well but I have total confidence on the people who are doing this great job at IV.
Also in this forum I hate people who just do the leg pulling rather then strengthening their efforts. If you cannot do anything good for you and others then at least dont discourage ones who are doing it.
I will do the best I can to strengthen their efforts.

Good Luck to all.

meg_z said:
I have been turned down many better opportunities at the last hiring step due to my immigration issue. The lost is both monetary and career wise. Not to mention losing out on the real estate boom due to fear of job instability. So the money I contributed to IV is nothing comparing with those losses. Yes, true, I am not rich by any means, never buy anything fancy or at full price. That is also due to this daunting GC resulting in one income in my household. But we are going to lose more if there is no relief of the retrogression.

I know my limitations in terms of being actively involved with the campaign. But I totally admire the volunteers at IV for their time, effort and courage.

Disclaimer, I have no interaction with any of the volunteers, except on this forum. I am not Indian either. But I trust them doing this with the right intensions. Thanks.

kamrans said:
I agree with meg. I am silent observer of this forum and IV and not an indian as well but I have total confidence on the people who are doing this great job at IV.
Also in this forum I hate people who just do the leg pulling rather then strengthening their efforts. If you cannot do anything good for you and others then at least dont discourage ones who are doing it.
I will do the best I can to strengthen their efforts.

Good Luck to all.

I fully agree with u

Hey meg and Kamrans
My using the word INDIAN was not in any was an attempt to belittle the contributions of all the others.. but an attempt in all earnest to consolidate support for IV. So many on these forums feel cheated at having to do all the spade work when the benifits of the results will be evenly shared. My point was that we Indians being the worst effected should take an Initiative at getting our greviences heard. I hope you understand and thanks for your support and hope we all see this through. cheer up

meg_z said:

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Eveready

I did not feel offended or whatsoever by your previous post. It seemed to me that you were speaking to a poster from India to have trust among Indians. That is why I said I was not even Indian but I had no doubt of the right intensions from IV leaders. Thanks.

Everready said:
Hey meg and Kamrans
My using the word INDIAN was not in any was an attempt to belittle the contributions of all the others.. but an attempt in all earnest to consolidate support for IV. So many on these forums feel cheated at having to do all the spade work when the benifits of the results will be evenly shared. My point was that we Indians being the worst effected should take an Initiative at getting our greviences heard. I hope you understand and thanks for your support and hope we all see this through. cheer up

Well this is on the immigration-law.com. Still keeping up the good work.

02/24/2005: Sen. Arlen Specter's "Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006" Draft

AILA has obtained and summarized the draft of Senator Specter's draft of Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006, which will be introduced in the Senate Judiciary shortly (March 2, 2006). This is basically a Republican bill that put together various pending bills with some adjustments, such as the PACE Act, McCain-Kennedy bill, and other Comprehensive Immigration Reform bills. We are happy to report that when it comes to the employment-based immigration, this bill incorporates the following key elements:
Recapture of employment-based immigration visa numbers since FY 2001
Exempt from the employment-based numerical limitation of the spouses and children of the EB immigrants
Exempt from the employment-based numerical limitation for (1) the advanced degree holders in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics with 3 years of work experience in the major fields in the U.S., or (2) National Interest Waiver EB-2. (For comparison with other bills, please revisit our summary report on 08/18/2005 in the Breaking News Archive.
Increase of employment-based immigrant quota from 140,000 to 290,000 with the allocations in EB-1=15%, EB-2=15%, EB-3 Skilled Worker/Professional=35%, Other Worker (Unskilled)=Upto 30%, and EB-4 Investor Immigrant=5%.
Special green card eligibility for the U.S. Doctorate Degree holders under the new F-4 visa program in Mathematics, Engineering, Technology or Physical Sciences with full full-time employment
Increase of H-1B annual quota from 65,000 to 115,000 or a market-based increase beyond 115,000
H-1B cap exempt for those advanced degree holders in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (not limited to the U.S. degree holders)
New F-4 visa for those pursuing advanced degree program in Mathematics, Engineering, Technology or Physical Sciences with the accompanying benefits of "intending immigrant" in certain cases, special handling labor certification application for immigration, and for the doctoral degree holders in the U.S., green-card eligibility
OPT period change for all the F-1 students from the current 12 months to 24 months and off-campus employment opportunity unrelated to the filed of study on or off academic terms under certain conditions.
Unfortunately, the Senator dropped from S. 1932 the provision on availability of I-485 filings for employment-based immigrants during the period of retrogression. We urge the Senator to reinstate this provision in the final draft of his bill before it is introduced to the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Community leaders, please urgently contact the Senator's office to urge him to reinstate this provision.
For the details, we will continue the analysis in our Advanced Q&A. Readers may send in the email inquiry on this legislative bill. For the background news report on this bill, please click here.

03/02/2006: New Dawn and Opening of New Chapter for Immigration Reform in the Country Today

A new chapter is about to open today in the American immigration history as the Senate Judiciary begin to debate the immigration reform. As the overture of the dawn of the new era in the immigration in this country, various stakeholders in the issue have been charging their batteries, including the Governors, city government leaders, business leaders, immigration interest organizations including AILA, to push forward the immigration reform. It is expected that the constituents of the political process will be highly energized to push their agenda, pro or con. There are currently sufficient information and sources of materials that advocate the immigration reform. Please visit the following websites:
www.aila.org
www.competeamerica.org
http://immigrationforum.org
www.ewic.org
www.cirnew.org
As the Senate Judiciary initiates this process beginning from today, this website will closely monitor the breath-taking changes in courses and stream of policy making process and dynamics of the political process involved in the immigration reform. Please stay tuned to this website for the development of the comprehensive immigration reform legislation.
03/01/2006: Western State Governors Adopted 2006 Policy Strongly Supporting Employment-Based Immigration Reform

Yesterday, we reported two governors' recommendation on immigration reform presented to the Western State Governors' Association meeting in 2006. This recommendation was officially adopted by the Governors conference, strongly demanding to increase employment-based immigration quota, reduce backlogs in employment-based immigration, increasing H-1B and H-2B visa numbers, adopt special procedure of immigration for the advanced education foreign workers, and pass temporary guest worker program, etc. For the full text, please click here.

http://www.immigration-law.com/

i'm hearing the judiciary meeting, live

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Senator Cornyn has proposed some amendments related to broder security
Senator Durban is also proposing some, but no harm for legal EB. but not yet touched the backlogs/ employment based secions
Making some progress

Stay tuned

smallriver said:

satyasaich said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Senator Cornyn has proposed some amendments related to broder security
Senator Durban is also proposing some, but no harm for legal EB. but not yet touched the backlogs/ employment based secions
Making some progress

Stay tuned
URL to listen on the proceedings?