S. 1932 Status

We support you however let's sue them at the same time

We are not saying that we don't support you...You guys have done a great job and we support you 100% however we need to start the suing process so we can use it as a negotiation tool later on in the game...It's all about diplomacy and playing the right cards...It's all politics after all... :D :confused: :D

WaldenPond,

If a reputable lawyer can assess this situation and determine that a lawsuit is a legitimate path, so why not to pursue it ? This could have the potential to bring media attention as well, regardless the outcome. Your lobbying efforts are very welcome, but that is a volatile and uncertain initiative. The reality is that this Administration doesn't pay attention to our cause, because we have temporary work permits that are enough to let us working with restrictions. Very comfortable to employers and our sponsors.

Go on and continue with your lobbying effort. Don't get too excited though. I already talked to immigrationvoice.org representatives on the phone and I am sorry to tell you that your approach is not very different than the one that got defeated badly during by the immigration reduction groups during the S.1932 bill decision. I have friends that are also willing to contribute, but they agree with me that a lawsuit should be explored as a second layer, in case the lobbying efforts fail.

Hopefully our efforts will pay off. I constantly call Senators and House Representatives myself. However, we have ahead of us a massive amnesty program that can make employers and Senators alike forget us for years to come, exactly what happened when the amnesty 245(i), but multipled by 1000.

Good luck to you and keep fighting. I will do the same. Regarding tax treaties, I am not here to discuss or promote any treaty between countries. Part of my argument is that I strongly believe that if this country decides not to grant permanent residency for certain individuals, then the tax funds should be refunded partially or totally upon departure. Also, I think if the State did not meet expectations as far as permanent residency processing times, yes I believe that a lawsuit could avoid make people pay renewals like this every year. It simply does not seem reasonable to me. I am trying to call lawyers myself and I will find out.

WaldenPond said:
Hello GCdreamer2006,

You make a very good point. It is possible that some country may not have a tax treaty.

If it is ok, lets step back for a minute and find out what we actually want to do. Are we posting messages to pass our time and talk about things that are not possible to achieve, things like treaty between nations; Or are we here to find commonality among us and see how we can support each other to find a realistic solution? Ask yourself, is it feasible to get a favorable and equitable law passed in a country where there is a just legislative process or is it feasible to not have one but government of multiple nations get involved to sign treaties. We very well understand where you are coming from and, my friend, we sail in the same boat. But let's also know that without understanding our strengths and limitations, all that we do on this forum is pass our time. We could continue to post ideas that cannot be implemented. All that we do by posting such ideas is misguide others and drive people away as new people visiting the forum think that this is just a lot of nonsense and bullsh**. First of all let's understand that expression of opinion and view is important (1st ammendement) but we all have some level of responsibility towards the community, towards us. Giving suggestions is good. But please think about the feasibility of the solution as well. Together we could be very strong and with light at the end of tunnel, we could really make it happen. For a minute, let's define "very strong". Could we, people on this forum, get strong to make "TWO" countries sign treaties? You think this is feasible to achieve for people in this forum? Let talk about somrthing else. There has been lot of discussion about this. So let's ask another question. Could we file a lawsuit? We could, and anyone can file the papers. Expert attorneys have said that we do not have a case. They have said that such a case will lose 100%. Given that we know that we will lose such a lawsuit, how could conscientious people continue to talk about filing a suit? We all have rest of our life to file a suit. There is only one concrete effort going on by the individuals like you and me who gathered on this forum. This effort is called Immigration Voice. Rest all is just a talk. In one of your earlier post you mentioned that you will contribute if we explore the possibility of lawsuit. Allow me to fill you in. We have explored that possibility and we have found that filing a lawsuit is setup for failure. Now, you could ponder over this thought as long as you want. But remember, it is not going anywhere. I assure you, if there was any possibility that lawsuit could have done anything positive, we would have pursued it before any other option. For now, we have a plan. And the plan is to use our resources intelligently. Today Immigration Voice has made the announcement that we have partnered with Quinn Gillespie & Associates (www.quinngillespie.com). No time in the past have any group from H-1B community gathered to join hands to hire such a large government relations company. You have a choice. You could either join this effort, know that you are being part of something noble; something that most of us will remember for long time; or you could choose to just pass your time posting messages on this forum to ridicule others who spend time away from their families, their personal resources and organize this effort on top of everything else in life. If I were you, I would join the effort. Please my friend. My intent is to request you to please help the cause and for once stop putting conditions about your support. Large movements do not turn into success stories by conditions from its members, but they are made successful by unconditional support from people like you and me. And if I am not able to convince you, please feel free to call me at (281) 576-7185 and I will do everything that one possibly can to learn and understand from what you have to say. You sure seem like a very nice person. Maybe we need to have a man to man talk.

Thanks,
-WP

GCdreamer2006 for President

GCdreamer2006 said:
WaldenPond,

If a reputable lawyer can assess this situation and determine that a lawsuit is a legitimate path, so why not to pursue it ? This could have the potential to bring media attention as well, regardless the outcome. Your lobbying efforts are very welcome, but that is a volatile and uncertain initiative. The reality is that this Administration doesn't pay attention to our cause, because we have temporary work permits that are enough to let us working with restrictions. Very comfortable to employers and our sponsors.

Go on and continue with your lobbying effort. Don't get too excited though. I already talked to immigrationvoice.org representatives on the phone and I am sorry to tell you that your approach is not very different than the one that got defeated badly during by the immigration reduction groups during the S.1932 bill decision. I have friends that are also willing to contribute, but they agree with me that a lawsuit should be explored as a second layer, in case the lobbying efforts fail.

Hopefully our efforts will pay off. I constantly call Senators and House Representatives myself. However, we have ahead of us a massive amnesty program that can make employers and Senators alike forget us for years to come, exactly what happened when the amnesty 245(i), but multipled by 1000.

Good luck to you and keep fighting. I will do the same. Regarding tax treaties, I am not here to discuss or promote any treaty between countries. Part of my argument is that I strongly believe that if this country decides not to grant permanent residency for certain individuals, then the tax funds should be refunded partially or totally upon departure. Also, I think if the State did not meet expectations as far as permanent residency processing times, yes I believe that a lawsuit could avoid make people pay renewals like this every year. It simply does not seem reasonable to me. I am trying to call lawyers myself and I will find out.

Don't forget everyone, we are all speaking the same language when it comes down to fighting for our immigration rights. So everyone keep trying/fighting and knocking on the doors until we get some results. ;)

GCdreamer2006 said:
WaldenPond,

Hello GCdreamer2006,

Very well! How about this, if you find anything positive from the lawyer, let us know and we will all be happy to look into the possibility to join the effort. If you would like to take lead on the filing lawsuit, that would be fine. Just tell when and where and know that I will mail you the check and there will be no conditions attached.

As I said, we have already talked to lawyer to explore this possibility. For any one considering filing a case, the story is always legitimate from their point of view. Given that we all have finite energy and resources, we need to fight the fights that we can win and not fight the fights that we have been told by experts that we will lose for sure. If your objective is to just reach next stage of green card process, this sure seems like an excellent idea. And if that is how each of us will think, we will end up forming groups of few people here and there. This is labor group, this group over here have 140 pending, that group have 140 approved but can't file for 485, the next group 485 is filed but it is pending for 2-3 years, the next one has application pending in name check for years and so on. Then the sub-groups, my labor is in Philly and yours is in Dallas and on and on. Let’s all form these groups and all file multiple lawsuits. Maybe that will draw some attention. You maybe able to find a lawyer who may say, ok we can file the case, ask yourself what is the objective? Either way, I am with you if you would like to take any initiative in doing anything.

Most of us are going through tough times due to green card mess. And claiming ownership to strong feelings is something we can all do. Your reasoning is acceptable and we did present the same argument to the lawyer. Acceptable reasoning is not a ground to win a lawsuit. When you talk to the lawyer, you may want to consider asking questions like under what sections of the constitution are your rights being violated, how do those sections apply to you, could there be a judicial remedy granted by the court and what are the chances?

Just because S1932 did not succeed does not mean that all future legislative change efforts will not succeed. That would be a large assumption to make.

Please let us know what the lawyer tells you and know that I am with you if you want to file the lawsuit with the full understanding from anther expert lawyer that lawsuit will fail.

kaveh2006 said:
EB3 for other countries=CURRENT for FEB-2006 :D :D :D

Kaveh2006,
I may have missed something but what was your source for the above posting? dude, you better not be giving us false hope of the DOS starting to get their s**t together even if its only for the 'other country' category... anyway, if you have some valid reliable source could you please provide the links etc.
FS...

Wake up Kaveh Visa Bulletin for March is out and this news is false.
FS05 said:
Kaveh2006,
I may have missed something but what was your source for the above posting? dude, you better not be giving us false hope of the DOS starting to get their s**t together even if its only for the 'other country' category... anyway, if you have some valid reliable source could you please provide the links etc.
FS...

What a worst Scenario ? ! I need urgent advice

I got my labor approved in Aug 2005 and I got EAD and AP in Nov 2005. My wife was in India when my labor approved I could not able to file EAD for her as I could not able to get her back to US as I could net get consulate appointment. Now I am planning to change jobs after 180 days deal and my lawyer says you cannot change as you have to extend H1 to keep H4 for my wife ?? Huh..
Can I change jobs using EAD and file 485 when visas become current with new employer?
Please help !!

sactoguy said:
I got my labor approved in Aug 2005 and I got EAD and AP in Nov 2005. My wife was in India when my labor approved I could not able to file EAD for her as I could not able to get her back to US as I could net get consulate appointment. Now I am planning to change jobs after 180 days deal and my lawyer says you cannot change as you have to extend H1 to keep H4 for my wife ?? Huh..
Can I change jobs using EAD and file 485 when visas become current with new employer?
Please help !!
Few points to consider:

1. First get your wife here on your old H1 which means stay put on the current job till your wife gets here.

2. Apply for her I 485, EAD, AP. Since already have these documents, it won't be diffcult for you to apply for your wife. I beleive, you can file for derivative I 485, since your application is under progress and is with USCIS.

3. The risk in this process is, if something bad happens to your I 485 once you switch jobs, then you risk being out of status and go back home. Else, you both are good and in status during your stay.

4. The reason lawyer suggested you to extend H1 is so that your wife gets to keep H4 status, and you both are in status till the time your 485 gets approved. Once you switch jobs and move onto EAD you will be pending status and so will be your wife.

Again, I am not a lawyer, above are some points to be considered. You may consult couple of good lawyers to seek advise.

Good Luck.

CBS 60 Minutes can Influence Policy Makers opinions

Hi,

Just loud thinking, if any of you have connections, why not give it a try for " CBS 60 min program " on how legal immigration is a hindrance for because of various factors, and how it leads to America losing bleeding edge in Science, Engg, Medicine and Technology.

start collecting the data on security check

My information

EB1 category
Concurrent filling at VSC
I-140
Priority Date April 27 2004
Receipt Date May 5 2004
Approved Date March 11, 2005

First Biometrics on April 6 2005

I485
Received Date April 28, 2004
Notice Date May 5, 2004

Reason for delay: Security check

A list in excel sheet is what we need !

It may be a waste of time to go into every post to collect the info, we should ensure all fills in a single excel sheet for a region. !!

You can create 5 excel sheet and fill the info and lead the others to follow. Pls check my post on EB Retro Update, along with 1 to 10 items needed ! We cannot allow media folks to think this site is a scam. We need to provide all relevant details, incase CBS broadcasts this program and govt want to see evidence of the list of folks affected !

vikas1866 said:
My information

EB1 category
I-140
Receipt Date May 5 2004

I485
Notice Date May 5, 2004

Vow!

vikas1866 said:
My information

EB1 category
I-140
Receipt Date May 5 2004

I485
Notice Date May 5, 2004

Vow! I could not visualize in this day and age any security check for a regular citizen in any country taking this long!
The only other thing security-wise that has taken longer is to find the whereabouts of certain chief perpetrators of 9/11! Maybe they are entrusting the security checks to the same people! ;)

Write to Wall Street author!

sobers has posted an article published in the WSJ, on his thread Wall Street Journal on Skilled Immigation at Immigration Voice.
Part of the article says
Plans touted by Justice and Home Affairs Commissioner Franco Frattini, the man charged with developing common immigration policies for the European Union, range from a new EU-wide "green card" that would allow skilled workers already in the 25-nation bloc to change countries without extra paperwork, to special temporary permits for seasonal workers.

"The U.S. and Australia have stricter rules, but they get the right people to immigrate, and once they're in, they integrate them, and give them benefits, education and citizenship" much faster than in the EU, Mr. Frattini said in an interview.

We should try to educate Mr Miller on the US process.
Write to John W. Miller at john.miller@dowjones.com

All

Just getting wall street to publish will not cut much ice, it is surely good publicity.

But, what are the facts to substantiate, so many are affected ? A news paper will publish based on facts. Can we prove that there are that many affected on paper ?. You and me know it inherently, but is there a quantified data ?

If the article has to delve deep into EB retro issues, facts are extremely essential, so that we have covered all bases well.

On a comical thought :
All of you are bright guys here. If you want a loan, if you go to a bank, will you get it without much paper work ? :). By simply saying you work for Intel, with a MS, or Microsoft, bank would not trust u.

A journalist needs to get his facts right on basis, otherwise he may get fired in his Job for publishing nonsense. So, before we knock the doors or some of you may be spamming them already, think for a minute, how will they take you seriously ? There are two sides to any problem, on one side, we are affected, on another side, if you accuse the govt of being disinterested/lazy, the story will not make much impacts. But "Real Data" on hand of all affected folks with their Qual and contact details would make them realise the potential issues involved.

These are just my thoughts. if someone were to come to me and ask me my opinion, I would not do anything without seeing facts and seeing in all directions to understand if the person asking for help is having any vested interests in the matter :). (I am not distrusting anyone, simply my thoughts).

Reg some tough immigration questions

I was having very simple but rather answers can not be found in forums, but tried to contact both indian law firms, both says they need $250/20 mins consultation....
Then I just thought to save some money and contacted to immigration-law.com attorney, he simply answered the questions over e-mail and also published answers directly on is web site..
it is really helpful for me that he saved lot of money.. I talked to him personally and he is a nice guy. I suggest if anybody has any questions which you can not find answers in forums, pls send e-mail at immigration-law.com website and you will save money for consulting fees.

This is my personal exp and saved money before I take decision

Last edited by a moderator:
I really feel that Immigration-law.com is credited very little for all the selfless service it provides. In fact so many of us have had a go at them specially when I1932 was being discussed. However the fact remains that Immigration-law.com has time and again given use insight into the latest immigration issues and i for one visit that site every day and there is always some thing worthwhile. It would be really nice for all of us to let them know how we feel about there efforts and refer them to who ever needs an immigraton lawyer.
bheemi said:
I was having very simple but rather answers can not be found in forums, but tried to contact both murthy and rs khanna, both says they need $250/20 mins consultation....
Then I just thought to save some money and contacted to immigration-law.com attorney, he simply answered the questions over e-mail and also published answers directly on is web site..
it is really helpful for me that he saved lot of money.. I talked to him personally and he is a nice guy. I suggest if anybody has any questions which you can not find answers in forums, pls send e-mail at immigration-law.com website and you will save money for consulting fees.

This is my personal exp and saved money before I take decision

yes I agree with you...immigration attorneys from the law firms where our indians heading..alwaysa ask money for some small simple questions..
I felt very sad about asking money that to $250/20 mins...

it is really getting as much money as possible into their pockets..very horrible man..

Immi Attorneys

Thats true, I really doubt our immi lawyers on following

1)They know that labor substitution is a big mess and fraud involved in that, they support it because it's a big revenue source for them.

2)why AILA stepped back on s.1932 at last moment?

3) If companies are doing fraud on Labor's, obviously Attorneys also involved in that, What will be their action for attorneys who worked for companies like cybersoftec??

-SR

bheemi said:
yes I agree with you...immigration attorneys from the law firms where our indians heading..alwaysa ask money for some small simple questions..
I felt very sad about asking money that to $250/20 mins...

it is really getting as much money as possible into their pockets..very horrible man..

Never have confidense

Never ever have confidense on our law firms/attorneys who are from India...They never think exactly howmuch indians are suffering from the retrogression...
They dont even think one minute to take care of this issue..

AILA is complete nonsense and selfish organization..

I support immigration voice than AILA....becoz I know AILA will always think where can they get more money and supoort those people...If they support illigal immigrants, then they will get more money...nobody can deny this

sorry guys.....but its their business....stop crying about it.....nobody is here to do charity.....not even us....if we get enough moolah.....we can dump any employer in a flash.....even though he may be a good employer....