S. 1932 Status

Strange...

Some representatives are talking about ANWR... It seems some language in final draft was not even part of senate/house bill....Can someone explain is this possible..If it is whole thing is sham, final language is what matters irrespective of what was debated before...
can this whole bill fold...

They are discussing S1932 only which has provision for Defence spending, Anwr, Katrina etc, God Damn, they dont utter a word of Immi.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are talking about the Defense Appropriations Bill - got nothing to do with S.1932

devin said:
Some representatives are talking about ANWR... It seems some language in final draft was not even part of senate/house bill....Can someone explain is this possible..If it is whole thing is sham, final language is what matters irrespective of what was debated before...
can this whole bill fold...

called 2022267270 . the person from media picked up and said immi provisions not included .. but he was very busy and he put me on hold twice befor i started asking question .And also he said it will be on house in another 90 minutes.

I wont worry too much abt it as we are getting mixed responses in the past 2 hours

Any one else want to call and cross check

pdakwala said:
Please call someone and find out what is the deal. If you get a chance to talk to them please find out whether Recapturing of EB visa is included in the final report from the conference committee.

But it means ...

Language not part of either bill can show up in final draft.... This means
people doing the final draft has power to insert any language at last stage..

it seems this is the conferance report for S 1932 and HR 4241 --
Conference report H. Rept. 109-362
as per this
http://clerk.house.gov/floorsummary/floor.html

CURRENT HOUSE FLOOR PROCEEDINGS
LEGISLATIVE DAY OF DECEMBER 18, 2005
109TH CONGRESS - FIRST SESSION

H. Res. 639:
waiving points of order against the conference report to accompany the bill ( H.R. 2863) making appropriations for the Department of Defense for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2006, and for other purposes

1:13 A.M. -
DEBATE - The House proceeded with one hour of debate on H. Res. 639.

S. 1932:

to provide for reconciliation pursuant to section 202(a) of the concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2006 ( H. Con. Res. 95)

Conference report H. Rept. 109-362 filed.

H. Res. 639:
waiving points of order against the conference report to accompany the bill ( H.R. 2863) making appropriations for the Department of Defense for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2006, and for other purposes

I checked on THOMAS but could not find.. may be not yet uploaded ..

Are they ever going to stop discussing ANWR and discuss about s1932. God I am in East Coast and need to get to work tomorrow but cant sleep with the bill hanging :confused: :confused:

Little Confused Now

Did you guys check the shusterman news ticker?

It says that none of the immigration bills went through in the Joint Conference Committee. The doubling of EB visas were stripped out!

Any comments?

still_dale

The Susterman Website Posting Is From 12/16/05-it May Have Been True Then-but Today Is 12/19/05-and We Are Hoping That Since The 16th Maybe Things Changed

still_dale said:
Did you guys check the shusterman news ticker?

It says that none of the immigration bills went through in the Joint Conference Committee. The doubling of EB visas were stripped out!

Any comments?

still_dale

Dude, this is old news. Do not post this kind of stuff without checking the dates.