:)
BVM

RFE response mailed today (03/15)

Details.

WAC 01-265-5*****
RD: July 2nd 2001
Nd: August 23rd 2001

RFE\'d 03/06/02 - w2 and tax returns for 3 years (including 2001),
employment verification, 3 latest paystubs and company viability documents, for me and form 693 for my wife.
                 (medical)
RFE notice recd - 03/11/02
RFE response mailed - 03/15/02

RFE same as BVM

I got an RFE same as BVM, tax documents, pay stubs etc. for 2001 i could not file taxes becuase my wife has not yet got ssn or tax id. its going to take another 8-10 weeks. hence my lawyer said it should be enough if we send in the prepared tax documents including w2 and 1099s , and the extension form and with an explanation as to why the tax was not filed.
guys- do u think this is ok ?

thanks

reply to dsm2sjc...

That should be perfectly okay as long as you include all tax returns for all previous years they may have asked for. Taxes are not due till April 15 so I do not see how they can enforce it earlier.

RFE on my case - Medical follow-up

chandu
I am really worried when I am going to get my approval. Please help.
Anybody is in the same boat.
Here are my details
RD - 07/10/2001
ND - 08/28/2001
FP - 12/19/2001
RFE - 03/04/2002
RFE SENT - 03/13/2002
WAC-01-269-5XXXX

About 2001 tax returns.

I had the same question as u have and asked my lawyer about it.
Here is the reason. When they issue an RFE u have about 82(?) days to respond to the RFE. Now if u look at the recent RFE\'s, the dealine to respond is around May 1st to May 30th (depending on when they were issued). There reasoning is that u can wait until april 15th and then respond to the RFE. Smart eh! I guess INS is not as dumb as we consider them to be :)

BTW, I also asked my lawyer about the company audit reports/earning reports etc that INS requested from me. I was wondering how on earth would the INS officer read thru those documents. Again, it seems it is the duty of the lawyer to read thru the documents and highlight only the necessary info required by the INS and send it to them.

I am glad INS has some structure to it, but if only they follow a particular order in which they approve our applications, I guess (Guess? I am sure) everyone of us would be happy.

:)
BVM

RFE response mailed to lawyer

Lets see how long the lawyer takes. 4yrs tax returns(all schedules), includes 2001 returns too, 4rs W2\'s, 3 latest paystubs, Employment verification.

RFE How long to update AVM?

I am PCEE\'s list for May 2000 filers. RFE issued for want of 2 photographs ( you may guess who lost them ;-) ) on Feb 14th 2002 (Per AVM) , RFE received Feb 21st, and responded Feb 22nd. However the AVM still says on Feb 14th we issued you a notice for further evidence. Any idea how long it takes for the AVM to get updated (if ever) and how may more waiting days for approval from then onwards?

w2?

did you already submitt W2 and tax returns? Do you know the criteria when do they ask for such information in RFE

Good News BVM

Nice to hear that you sent the RFE reply. I am praying for you too. I hope you get speedy approval.
Good Luck !!!

True about the RFE reply dates

However in my case i will not be filing the taxes by April -15th.
i have filed for an extension and also mailed a copy of the extension papers with my RFE reply. Realistically it looks like mid to late may by the time I file my taxes.
So i hope the papers along with all the other documents should satisfy the officer for my RFE.

Thanks

AVM updated to response received

old handle was zen0 - cant get password :(

RD: 07/13
ND: 08/28
FP done: 01/11
RFE: according to AVM on 02/28
received by lawyer around 03/05
thanks to this forum had W2/paystubs/etc all ready for the lawyer

AVM now says on 03/14 response was received
and also that it takes 975-999 days for such cases and since initial processing is already done your case will take approx. 999 days :(

... now the wait resumes

CSG Raj Usually 1 week !!

Hi raj, usually it takes 7-8 working days to update your AVM with RFE response received message. Good Luck !!!

At last my lawyer responded to RFE

Its moer than 10 days since I sent all docs to my lawyer and at last they mailed the RFE response to INS today ( 03/18/2002 ). And now the waiting game starts all over again..

Tamizhan

AVM finally changed

The AVM seems to have got updated today and now says that they received my RFE response on March 6th. It is taking between 975-999 days to process this kind of application..blah blah blah.

just hanging in there

RFE response mailed to INS by lawyer today

my lawyer is fast, RFE response is mailed today to INS by fedex today. Hope fully I will hear updated AVM next week.