RFE Thread Part 5

Nope, i haven\'t recd my approval yet!

And I talked to the IIO, she had to say that My file is sitting on the shelf and not assigned to the officer. Wonder how that happened?

Hi BVM

welcome back - Well I have heard INS is implementing a new security system. No news if everyone including people who have received rfe have to go through this new system.

My guess (pure speculation) is that this is the reason for No recent approval news from CSC.

Well No other option but to wait and watch

Called IIO...

No Idea sir.
We cannot predict.
we are currently processing APR\'01 Cases.But yours is AUG case(Notice Date).
Not assigned yet.
We have no Idea why AVM has not updated(It still sings the old song "We sent RFE...etc").
I will take a print out and give to Duty Officer.
Send a fax to DIV1.
Those were the replies from IIO\'s
Patience is running out..........Now I know how those applicants of

kotag kris

I feel that new security procedures are in place and every case will have to go through this new process.

This is maybe the reason that nothing has been heard from CSC recently for the last two weeks

We all have to wait and watch.

rsrgc ..I hope that is the case..

and not that the case has fallen thru the gaps....
Yes! Wait and Watch.
Good Luck to All

please read this thread for more info on the new security process

madha "Processing delay could be \'cause of new additional security checks" 4/19/02 6:42pm

RFE and AVM update

My attorney sent the response to an RFE on 11 April by FedEx. The INS received it on 12 April. My AVM still is not updated. Is this normal?

Thx

mlmg

Received RFE….Desperately need help!!!

Just received a RFE on my I-485 (through employment) and I urgently need some advise.

Here’s my story in a nutshell:

In January 2000 started to work for company A on H1-B. Then the A company merged into B company and I got a new H1-B on B (just 10 employees) company in May 2000. Also in May 2000 they started my green card application(LC). So, now the B company is my green card sponsor (applied for I-485 on May 2001), and I’m working for the B company on the H1-B visa (currently I’m still working for them).

Issue1: My salary for the past 2 year was $ 55,000 (it is shown on my W2’s obviously). On my LC and I-140 my salary is $85,000. From March 2002 (two moths ago) my salary is $83,200/year…so very close.

Question1: Since the RFE is requesting for my last 3 payrolls and last two years W2 form….we’ll be a problem with my salary when they see that only from March 2002 I’m being paid the LC salary????…Can my I-485 application can be denied for this reason??

Issue2: The RFE also asks for “evidence of the petitioner’s ability to pay salary since May 2000 (tax return, audited financial information etc.)” Unfortunately, our company income statement for 2000 shows revenues 2,5 milions and $800,000 loss….pretty much the same for 2001…there were some layoffs…but they kept me and other 10 programmers…Two months ago we raised 1.5 millions and our future, as a company, seems pretty good.

Question2: Do I have a chance to get approved on my I-485 with these numbers?? Also my company cannot afford to pay a CPA right now for an audited financial statement…So probably just our CFO we’ll sign the income statement??? Is this OK?? We have under 100 employees…..What can I do in order to get my I-485 approved???

Thank you for your time. Please respond.

rsrgc and others - Looking beyond RFE

RFE replied on 03/30. No Response yet.

I would like to have your opinions on
1. What could be the directions after RFE? Will there be a possibility of Interview?? if yes, what is the pattern of reasons on getting interview??
2. How does CSC treats cases job change after 180 days?

thanks guys
mohan

sacpat: Recd RFE

Got following Private message from "sacpat"

========================================
Sent: 23 hr ago - Apr 23, 02 22:04 New
Subj: Recd RFE
Hi,

Since I am not able to post any messages, it would be really great if you could post the following message for me.

I recd RFE today, I did post this message earlier. But it would be really great if someone could give me some idea about my situation:

Receipt # WAC-296-5xxxx PD: 07/2000 RD: 09/17/01 ND: 09/27/01 FP: 12/21/01 EAD/AP: Last week of Dec. REF: Mailed out on Apr 16th, but recd today. CSC 11040 WS 22529 DIV 1 - This is what I see on RFE notice.

I need to send the following documents:

- Signed copied of 1040 for the 2000 and 2001 tax years along with all of the schedules and attachments for each year - W-2 for 2000 and 20001 - Most recent pay stubs, and if you are not currently working for the petitioner, explain why?

Now couple of questions: - what are the schedules and attachments to be sent with 1040? Aren\'t signed 1040\'s are more than enough?

- I joined another company in the first week of April and of course I wouldn\'t have 3 pay stubs until another 1 month or so. So can I wait until I get 3 pay stubs? - Although my previous employer mentioned salary of $65K per annum in labour, I was getting paid on hourly basis and ended up making over $150K in 2000 and 2001. Will this affet my application?

I would really appreciate, if you could answer all these questions.

Thank You well in advance,

Sachin

No Title

>Now couple of questions: - what are the schedules and attachments to >be sent with 1040? Aren\'t signed 1040\'s are more than enough?

examples of Schedules are
a) if you file itemized deduction instead of standard deduction you have to explain that with an additional form known as a schedule
b) if you have share market transactions you file details in an additional form known as a schedule
c) other details filed with 1040 are also known as schedules.

>- I joined another company in the first week of April and of course >I wouldn\'t have 3 pay stubs until another 1 month or so. So can I >wait until I get 3 pay stubs? - Although my previous employer >mentioned salary of $65K per annum in labour, I was getting paid on >hourly basis and ended up making over $150K in 2000 and 2001. Will >this affet my application?

No I do not think that getting 150 K will affect your gc as long as you have not got income from temp jobs done on the side.

Now about your pay stubs.
Could you hold onto the rfe and reply after you get 3 pay stubs ?

Do you have an attorney to explain the change of employer and that you are using AC21 law etc. etc.

message of bill gates

Sent: 3 hr 26 min ago - Apr 24, 02 18:25 New
Subj: my 2 cents!

Please post my message! I lost my ID on this site. My Handle is \'Bill Gates\'.
I spoke with my attorney and she told me there is no such thing as \'485 process delay\' going on with CSC. I further asked her if she is getting any approvals and she said yes! no further info.

About my case I spoke with IIO and he did not tell me more than AVM. BTW, my RFE was replied the same day and that was about Medical Supplemental Form.

Another hopeless week so far...

in last two weeks we should have got at least 70-80 approvals but my guess is we have recorded 3-4 only.

All attorneys are saying yes they are getting approvals. But my question is there are other sites that I also look at
a) isn.org and
b) murthyforum

No approvals there also

so - where are approvals ? Answer is for some reason there is a freeze at INS - we feel because of the new IBIS security system.

I could just make a comfortable guess and ask you to wait for two weeks but because I do not have any reasonable explanation I can only say \'All of us have to wait and watch\'

Everyones case is stuck in deep freeze - we all have to calmly wait and watch. It would have been bad if our case was stuck and others were getting approved but its not so bad - all cases are stuck.

Best solution - wait and watch

message of mohan3000

Sent: 1 da 1 hr ago - Apr 27, 02 22:32 New
Subj: Beyond RFE

Hi- Greetings!
You are making a valuable contribution to this immigration forum.

Appreciate you sharing some thoughts on below concern.

I am into this greencard game last 4 years(PD 98). I have also waiting for approval like you
after replying back on RFE. Replied on April 1st.
Called CSC through local Congressman office(On April 2nd week) and
CSC asked to wait till 30 days from the date of applying. I am thinking of calling them again end of next week.

By the way, I work for No 2 software company and resprested by highly "Visible" law-firm

Meantime, I want to see what could beyond RFE. Will there be possibilty of interview in work case situation or ...?

Any thoughts,

Thanks for your help

mohan3000

message of Bill Gates

Sent: Apr 25, 02 20:12 New
Subj: Update on processing

Please post following message, I could not with my ID. My handle is \'Bill Gates\'.
I spoke with my attonery after reading thru\' the posts and my morale is
beaten down after RFE and all.... She says IBIS is a part of process for all type of visas and should not
cause additional delays and it HAS BEEN part of background checking system.
She continue to get approval from CSC. Felt so good to hear that. I don\'t want to comment on why
there are not approvals on this board. It could ID problems like me who could not post the messages
and that\'s why even I am reluctant to write my postings. Let\'s hope she is right.

mohan3000

You will definitely upset the IIO\'s by calling them again and again.

No one can do anything about this.

It is not so bad after all. CSC is not approving even a single case now. Everything is on hold because of the new IBIS system.

I could understand if people get upset if their case is on hold and others are getting approved. But it is not only u and me and others but it is everyone

Please control urself and enjoy life in the meantime.

My wife made good food this weekend - she made a special lentil

It is very similar to Bissi Belli Bath of South India.

All Southindians will understand what I am talking about

Also we went to Costco for shopping and right now we are watching
Hum aapke hein kaun - this is a old fantastic hindi film

Enjoy life man

Bill Gates

I do not want to say that your attorney is misinformed but if you
read messages at this site and also at isn.org and other message boards you will agree with what I am saying - No approvals at all for CSC.

why is that huh?

and other attorneys are saying that due to IBIS all approvals are on hold at CSC. Also Kotag\'s attorney was a part of the AILA and CSC discussion and confirmed that
a) I-485 approvals at CSC are on hold and
b) They do not wish to commit when they will start approvals

Some info from my attorneys...

I e-mailed my lawyers to find out what\'s up (I was doubly concerned because my RFE had been sent to an office they had closed, and I was worried that even the re-sent RFE wouldn\'t get out). They told me that RFEs, receipts and other "non-approval mail" continue to come through; however, final approvals ARE NOT being sent out now from any Service Centers except Texas, as the INS is installing the new security software. They expect it to be done within the next few weeks, though.

For those of you awaiting RFEs to come to you (like me), or who have not responded to them yet, this is probably not a big deal, as it may take a few weeks for you to do all that anyway. For the rest (and that may include all of us soon if INS delays persist) I guess we can commiserate together... our cases have endured 245(i) delays last spring, general slowdowns last summer, Sept 11th last fall/winter... it\'s not great! But hey, all our cases have to come to closure at some point... we\'re almost there... let\'s hang in there!