RFE Thread 6

Rfe

Finally AVM updated to say that they got my reply
to there RFE. I recieved the notice on april the
27, sent in a reply on the ~9 of may. AVM updated
yesterday saying that it was recieved on the 9 of july (go figure).

AVM RFE ack. update.

RFE recvd. - 06/26/01
RFE resp. - 07/08/01
RFE ack.(AVM) - 07/11/01

RFE Issued - Need suggestion

Rfe Issued on Jun 27.
Rfe Details :
Employment Verification : Please provide the latest employment letter from your employer, as we need to verify if the offer filed with your I-140 is still in good standing. The employment letter on record is too old.

Lawyer and Company has drafted the following letter :
{Start}
Dear Officer:

This is to verify that our offer of employment to Mr. xyz in the position of Software Engineer with an hourly salary of at least $xx is a continuing offer requiring only your permission.

This constitutes an offer of full-time (40 hours per week) employment.
{End}

Does this seem to be an appropriate or a standard format. Would like to share some opinions.

Note : I am still with my original company. The RFE asks for just employment verification. But i am planning to include paystubs, tax returns and W-2 for last 3 years as well.
RD : 09/12/01.
ND : 09/27/01.

Thanks.

I have put this information in a separate thread as "time from RFE sent". It seemed this thread is focusing on the RFE issue so I would like to post the information here again.

PD:12/2000
RD:08/2001
ND:09/2001
FP: 03/2002
AVM: 05/2002 changed to "FP received and Case resumed"
06/24/2002: RFE request received by my lawyer requesting most recent pay stubs, last two years' W-2, employment verification letter.
RFE submittal: 06/25/2002.

AVM still "FP received and Case resumed", not even mentioning the RFE initiation thing.

Current status: waiting...

Approved!

:):):):):)

RFE issued 5/26
responded 6/21
received by CSC 6/26 ( I might have given wrong date in a previous message; 6/26 is the one)
Approved 7/23

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations blacksmith!

You've been waiting longer than many (longer than me, even, by a few weeks)... enjoy the freedom and may we all join you soon!

Approved after RFE

Hello all,

sorry guys for posting this message too late.. here is some of the details of my case

RD 09/10/2001
ND 09/25/2001

FP Recd- 03/08/2002
FD done- 03/28/2002

RFE issued (According to AVM)- June 14th ( W2-2001,3 most recent pay stubs, Employemnt verification letter)

RFE Recd by Lawyer - June 21st
RFE Responded - June 23rd
RFE ACK (according to AVM) - June 28th

Case Approved on - July 8th
Stamping done in san jose..

(I got married after giving fingerprint, added my wife on april 29th 2002, her case is still pending only advance parole has been approved!)

Good Luck to All of you who have recieved RFE , I would say your approvals are just around the corner..

Thanx to PCee for maintaing such a wonderful site.. it helps a lot to see things moving here..

Any questions are most welcome!

Deepak

Approved after RFE

Hello all,

sorry guys for posting this message too late.. here is some of the details of my case

RD 09/10/2001
ND 09/25/2001

FP Recd- 03/08/2002
FD done- 03/28/2002

RFE issued (According to AVM)- June 14th ( W2-2001,3 most recent pay stubs, Employemnt verification letter)

RFE Recd by Lawyer - June 21st
RFE Responded - June 23rd
RFE ACK (according to AVM) - June 28th

Case Approved on - July 8th
Stamping done in san jose..

(I got married after giving fingerprint, added my wife on april 29th 2002, her case is still pending only advance parole has been approved!)

Good Luck to All of you who have recieved RFE , I would say your approvals are just around the corner..

Thanx to PCee for maintaing such a wonderful site.. it helps a lot to see things moving here..

Any questions are most welcome!

Congratulations Deepsom, enjoy your free life.

What makes me feel frustrated is not only that I am still waiting for the approval for more than one month after I submitted RFE (refer to details of my case please see post above by zvdo2002), but also that I can not get any clue from AVM.

My AVM is still saying "FP received, Case resumed in March 2002". It did not even mention the initiation of the RFE, let along to acknowledge the RFE submittal.

Just want to share my experience and hope it may make those who share the same boat feel a little better.

Thanks.

Hi Guys, It seems it's taking 60days after the RFE is answered. Message on AVM was changed on July 15th. Do i have to wait until Sep?.

Re: Approved!

blacksmith,
Congratulations :)
Could you provide more details RD/ND/FP?WAC etc.

Originally posted by blacksmith
:):):):):)

RFE issued 5/26
responded 6/21
received by CSC 6/26 ( I might have given wrong date in a previous message; 6/26 is the one)
Approved 7/23

Good luck everyone!

RFE replied and AVM updated

Details:
RD: 8/27/2001
ND: 9/10/2001
FP Done: 2/9/2002
WAC# 01-280-XXXX
RFE issued: 6/27/2002
RFE Replied: 7/23/2002 ( as my big company attorney doesnt have the time of day for a small fish like me - took almost 3 weeks to send my reply)
RFE Received by INS: 7/25/2002

Now waiting to be approved .... some day :)

/CoolBangy

PCee,
I have two stitches loose in the middle of the passport, nothing else is damaged and is valid until 2005. I was adviced both in India and U.S to take care of this ASAP. I am very near to GC approval. Is it a good idea to send PP to Indian consulate now?. I fall under Houston jurisdiction.

My RFE was answered and message changed on July 15th.

Please advice.........

thanks

APPROVED AT LAST!!!!!

I checked AVM this morning -- and it says I've been APPROVED!!!

My details:

PD: 6/09/2000 EB3 (Canada)
I-140 AD: 3/2/2001
I-485 RD: 5/18/2001
I-485 ND: 7/23/2001
RFE sent: 6/5/2002
RFE response received: 7/8/2002
AD: 7/31/2002

A heartfelt thanks to all of you... I'd like to think we've been solace to each other through this storm of uncertainty. It's been wonderful to know there are folks in the same boat, sharing their experiences and providing support where needed. Thanks especially to PCee and others who've diligently maintained these sites and kept tracking summaries for us.

Good luck to everyone... as you can see, it's probably just a matter of time before it's all over. My Green Card odyssey has taken 2 1/2 years (with the I-485 taking about half of that), and my efforts even to get to this stage span more than half a decade. We'll all be there soon, if we aren't already.

I'll post one more time when I receive the approval notice, so if anyone has any questions, I'll respond to them then. Otherwise, take care everyone -- best of luck.

Regarding your passport...

sunpad,
It should not take more than a week to get a new passport from Indian consulate (actually one can get it on the same day if can visit personally). If you want the INS GC approval stamp in new passport (If Indian consulate gives you a new passport) you should get your passport fixed before your GC approval.

Unless you need to travel with in next 10 days, I guess GC stamping can wait 10 days even if you get your approval today.

Goodluck
PCee