RFE on my I-485

Texanz, up until now, we seem to be following the trend after the RFE. Will update with any other info I get.

Funny...but I am getting this gnawing feeling that because of the RFE, I have missed the bus for this wave of approvals and that I will have to go to the back of the queue in October when dates go back to 2001. The coffee seems to be wearing off!
:(

Let's not give up hope.

Let's not give up hope just yet. I know it's difficult for all of us waiting.

For me it's also getting close to giving up. I'm now having the realisation that I'll never be able to bring my parents to the US, especially when thinking about the time frame and health care costs.

My parents live in the UK and I am a UK citizen, so it would be really easy for me just to say, I've had enough I'm going.

Sometimes with all the stress of the GC, I do begin to think, is this worth it.

Guys, I'm getting tense looking at all these postings about multiple LUDs after RFE response. WTF is happening on my case? I spoke to an IO today and she was rather surprised my case was not updated for the response. She asked me to wait for another week before I send a duplicate one. I still strongly feel like sending one more response today without waiting for another week. Terrible to sustain the suspense.

Wait till next week and try and forget about it till then. Not easy I know, see the post above.

I know with my H1B extension I never even got an acknowledgement, they just sent the approval a few months later.

Anandkan & others,

I also received the same medical RFE saying that "we (USCIS) received the chest x-ray which was normal, but you did not do the TB skin test".

In fact in 2003, I did the TB skin test first, the reaction was 9 mm. Since it was more than 5 mm, I got a RFE to do the chest x-ray which I did.

Now I receive this RFE to do the TB skin test since they did not receive it.

Question: If my reaction to TB skin test is more than 5 mm this time, should I do the chest x-ray again ?

sb_gc, I would suggest to do full medical test again and send new I-693 ( medical form sealed by doctor ) form with all required results ( skin test as well as x-ray, x-ray is required if skin test is +ve )

I also received RFE for skin test , i did the full medical again. My skin test came negetative after test.

Last edited by a moderator:
My response to RFE is received by TSC today 08/14, received email around around 10:25 PM CST, status updated to

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On August 14, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence ............

Last edited by a moderator:
anandkan, did you finally get the update on your case? I am in similar situation. In my case it was NOID, they sent it out on 7/25, reached TSC on 8/10..should I wait until next monday 8/20 before sending out a copy?

what do you guys suggest?

Finally my case was updated today with my response to the RFE. I sent a duplicate response this Monday since I did not get an update to my attorney's response earlier. This is the message:
"On August 16, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register"

Anandkan,

did you again send sealed medical forms with your duplicate response ?

Finally my case was updated today with my response to the RFE. I sent a duplicate response this Monday since I did not get an update to my attorney's response earlier. This is the message:
"On August 16, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register"

yes, I got another set of sealed medical results from the civil surgeon. Not only this, I printed the photo copy of Gold cover sheet into an yellow sheet that resembles the Gold sheet

so when TSC received your 2nd response ? before or on 08/15 ( mostly it takes 1 day to update the response ) ? trying to findout which response TSC updated in your case 1st or 2nd.

yes, I got another set of sealed medical results from the civil surgeon. Not only this, I printed the photo copy of Gold cover sheet into an yellow sheet that resembles the Gold sheet

thanks..

Thats a good info anandkan. In my case, I dont have a copy of goldsheet. I amsure my lawyer has it. I am considering to resend it on Monday.

Anandkan,

I am planning to reply RFE on my own. Did you write anything on the top of the envelope other than the address of the USCIS?

Please reply.

Thx in advance

RFE Case Finally Approved.

Today I got emails of Ordered Card Productions and Welcome Permanant Resident.

My case is AC21 and RFE (With 2 times reply)

Here is my case details

EB3 India
Labor Dec 2002
I-140 Approved Apr - 2004
I-485 Applied JAN - 2004
Job changed in DEC-06
Transfered from VSC to TSC in MAR-07
FP2 on May 9th 2007
RFE on JUN 21st 2007 (TB Skin test and Current employer letter and paystubs)
Replied RFE on JUL 3rd 2007 (self replied with AC21 supporting documents)
TSC returned RFE documents on July 14th with letter stating that a decision was made on my case, and this documents no longer required.
Called TSC on July 16th and the status as IO is still RFE sent message.
Went to local SC office on 18th, still the status is RFE sent. The local office suggested, it may be mistake, sent the documents again.

Waited for 1 week and send the RFE documents again on July 29th.
Finally the on line message changed on July31 saying we received your RFE documents case has been resumed.
Applied 5th EAD and AP on Aug 15th (self prepared)

Received approval emails on 22nd Aug 2007

Thanks for the Immigrationportal help.

Lx95,

Sorry I didn't see your post. Yes, I did attach a cover sheet explaining the situation (as to why I'm sending the second time). HTH