RFE on my I-485

My RFE details

I got RFE on my I140 and 485 on June 12th 2007 and got both these aplications were touched on 12th and 13th. My attorney got all the copies and I did not receive any copies.

I140 RFE I140: Company to provide 2001 finacial statements

485 RFE: My federal tax returns, W2 forms, last two Paystubs, GC sponsor employement letter stating that the job offer is still there, if so provide a letter with duties and salary, finger print form.....

We replied the RFE on July 9th for I140 and July 10th in 485, so far no updates on my case. Do you know how much time will it take for them to open the RFE response....

Thanks..

Sub labor: PD 03/2001, VSC
I140: Applied on 04/2005, RFE: 06/12/07, RFE received on 06/20, AD:????
I485: Applied on 04/2005, RFE: 06/12/07, RFE received on 06/25, AD:????
FP (code3) done on 05/13/2005
Currently on 3rd EAD

hmm..it's more than a month they received your response to RFEs.. I am not sure when they will review your case. Did you call TSC using the POJ technique? If I were you, I will also seek the help of local congressman to get some inside information on this. Good luck.

RFE mail sent via US Postal Service by Texas Service Center, Dallas takes more than 4 days to reach my address which is in Dallas itself. I can't believe this. Indian Postal Service is far more efficient.

I got an RFE and replied

I got an RFE on EVL on 5/23/2007. I replied back and message changed to "received your response and now cases processing has resumed". My RFE received by USCIS on 6/12/2007. My Lawyer got the RFE documents, I didnt get anything.

Today I went to local USCIS office to enquire about my case and they said it is same message 'We sent a notice for request for additional evidence blah blah' and I asked I received a letter a decision was made hence these RFE documents no longer required, she said it is strange, wait for 10 more days and send the papers again or come back after 30 days.

I am so confused, I am planning to send my RFE documents again. since I do not know my status. Here my enquiries yield.

RFE Documents sent on 7/5/07
RFE documents received by USCIS on 7/9/07 (as per USPS confirmation email)
RFE documents returned by TSC on same day 7/9/07
Received RFE documents back to me on 7/14/07 saying Decision has been made on your case so these document no longer required. My online status still showing on 18th june we sent a notice for additional evidence.

Called NSC on 17th morning and the lady told me she is seeing the same online message and ask me to call in 3-4 days

Take infopass and went to local office today and the IO said she is seeing the sameonline message and ask me to wait for 10 more days and send the documents again also said come on August 9th

I am so confused, Is there a way to call TSC directly and find the status?????
Please help anybody.

Shree_lk,

Sorry to hear like that. It is better to send once again ASAP. I think its USCIS mistake. They might be looked at another case that is approved already and returned package back to you. I read somewhere else in these forums that they attached RFE package to other's 485 case instead of actual one.
Reach TSC IO by using POJ method.
1800 -- number and then press key’s in the below order.
1 2 2 6 1 Enter Your Number 1 3 4. This may takes like 30 min to reach IO. They may give you more details on your case.

I called my attorney today. He told me that he did not receive anything till today. He told me like it takes 14 days to recieve RFE.

My attorney received it in couple of days from the day the online status message got changed. It was mailed from TX to PA.

No Anand, I didnt receive anthing except for the email from the USCIS saying that request for evidence notice sent. After that I called up my attorney and asked them to watch for the rfe details. my attorney called me up couple of days later and told me that it was for EVL

Thanks Velu...I still have not received the RFE..not sure what's happening. I have sent emails to my old attorney to see if they have received by mistake..

LX95, have you received your RFE in hand?

Thanks.

Anand,

I haven’t received RFE yet. Yesterday I received SR response, which I opened on May 15th for undelivered document. The SR response dated on July 14th. Actually I opened SR for Undelivered Status message on my 485 on May 15th. But I got different response like this
My case is under review and I will hear the decision within 90 days. I will wait Today and going to call the Attorney tomorrow.

LX95,

I spoke to an IO today and she confirmed that my RFE has been mailed to my former attorney even though I filed G-28. I contacted my former attorney and he will be mailing it today.

Anand,

I called attorney office after seeing your post. They told me that they have not received yet. As per your post your former attorney received and mailing RFE to you.

Lx95,

If you have changed your attorney, you are better off calling the TSC using the POJ technique and get who the attorney of record on their system for your case. Most likely it will be your former attorney unless you filed G28 along with the pending I-485 application. I understand that G28 should accompany all pending applications like EAD,AP, I-485 and not just one G28 that covers all pending applications. USCIS system is not integrated well enough to link all these documents together:-(