Rfe-nsc!!

nsceb1

Registered Users (C)
Hi all (esp NSCbuddies)
just got mail abt RFE
waiting for actual letter
following are my details!

case EB1 NSC/NOV2003-concurrent!!

Research experience of 4 years & 7 months during PhD and 3 years & 10 months on current JOB as RA. Working on projects involving public health.

Many original scientific contributions to the research including 16 research publications in international journals, 2 patent disclosures and 14 published abstracts from international conferences.

18 Reference letters from several research scholars and Industrial leaders as witnesses (90% unrelated to me).

Several citations (61), reprints requests (ard 30) and emails attesting the impact of my work.

Works as judge for several international journals (six).

Several academic awards (five) & membership of several scientific associations.

Possesses exceptional experimental and instrumental skills.

keeping finger crossed for letter.

any ideas!!!??

may need help soon!

EB1a or EB1b?

Are you EB1a or EB1b. If you are EB1b, I would guess that your RFE is about "permanent position". If that is so, maybe pcOR03 or Krendel might help.

its EB1-OR

Hi both,
Its EB1-or
I am working as Research Associate with benefits from University.
If it is regarding permnent position.
I had submitted letter from department chair and employer stating the permanent nature of job.
what else is advisable?

Rfe!

Based on my research I can say you are competenet EB1-OR CANDIDATE
We pray you get minor RFEs.
My idea is that you might get issues related to

1. Permanent position
2. Reviewer's criteria
3. Selection of membership of scientific society.

May be Honkman can throw light

nsceb1 said:
Hi all (esp NSCbuddies)
just got mail abt RFE
waiting for actual letter
following are my details!

case EB1 NSC/NOV2003-concurrent!!

Research experience of 4 years & 7 months during PhD and 3 years & 10 months on current JOB as RA. Working on projects involving public health.

Many original scientific contributions to the research including 16 research publications in international journals, 2 patent disclosures and 14 published abstracts from international conferences.

18 Reference letters from several research scholars and Industrial leaders as witnesses (90% unrelated to me).

Several citations (61), reprints requests (ard 30) and emails attesting the impact of my work.

Works as judge for several international journals (six).

Several academic awards (five) & membership of several scientific associations.

Possesses exceptional experimental and instrumental skills.

keeping finger crossed for letter.

any ideas!!!??

may need help soon!

Just wait for the letter, but just some speculation:

- Permanent position. I hope you never used the P-word (postdoc) somewhere in your petition.
- Ability to pay
- Submitted enough evidences that the journals are top international journals
- Questions about criteria for awards (importance, truelly nation or international) or membership (how selected by organization)
- Questions about criteria for selection as referee for journal.
- Question about low number of citation for 16 papers and the importance of such citations

There are a lot of possibilities, so just wait for the letter.

Rfe

Thanks Honkman!
I will wait for letter and get back to you.
I have now citations increased upto 70
publications upto 20
6 more published abstract
and yes i/my employer didn't use P word at all.
anyway ...........best i will wait and get back!!!!

nsceb1 said:
Thanks Honkman!
I will wait for letter and get back to you.
I have now citations increased upto 70
publications upto 20
6 more published abstract
and yes i/my employer didn't use P word at all.
anyway ...........best i will wait and get back!!!!

Any new evidence which was established after you send your petition can't be used for your RFE.

Very likely it is to prove that your job is "permanent". If it is so then you may need to have some letter from higher up (Dean of college, VP etc). Lot of time USCIS adjudicators tend to confuse between Research Associate and Post-doc position

Mine came for international recognition..

Hi, nsceb1!

My congrats to you!
If your RFE is related to the 'permanent position" matter, check my posts in this thread.
Good luck!

Rfe

Thanks for the wishes Krendel,
Well, I am not sure as yet but everybody is predicting it will be Permanent position related issue. I was reading AAO decisions especially from NSC posted on INS site and found that most of the appeals were against permanent position related rejection and it was apparent that proving permanent position was difficult!

I had submitted my employer letter and Director of research letter explaning permanent nature of my job.

Adjudicating Officer

If you can post the Adjudicating Officer Code/Initials (found at the bottom of the RFE), people who successfully replied to the RFEs might be able to help with exactly what wording they included to satisfy that particular adj. officer.

2 nd FP notice!!

While I am waiting for RFE letter I received FP notice for 3 june (so is my wife). Well its important to mention that we already had FP done and this is our second FP notice in teh span of 4 months.
Is it sending some signal processiing wise!

nsceb1 said:
While I am waiting for RFE letter I received FP notice for 3 june (so is my wife). Well its important to mention that we already had FP done and this is our second FP notice in teh span of 4 months.
Is it sending some signal processiing wise!

No, IMO

RFE letter recevived

Hello All,
I got the RFE letter.
It clearly says following thing

"Submit a letter offering the alien (addressed to the alien) a permanent research position in the alien's academic field."

and the above sentence follows with this

"It is noted that letter submitted by XXX (my immediate boss) dated XXX, states that alien hold the permanent position of RA, at the salary of $ XXX per year. However, letter submitted by XXX (director of research) dated XXX states that alien is working as RA funded by XXX funds. Please submit copy of formal job offer letter (and other documentation, if necessary), which pertains to the proffered position."

Please help me with kind suggestions.

thanks a lot in advance!

nsceb1 said:
Hello All,
I got the RFE letter.
It clearly says following thing

"Submit a letter offering the alien (addressed to the alien) a permanent research position in the alien's academic field."

and the above sentence follows with this

"It is noted that letter submitted by XXX (my immediate boss) dated XXX, states that alien hold the permanent position of RA, at the salary of $ XXX per year. However, letter submitted by XXX (director of research) dated XXX states that alien is working as RA funded by XXX funds. Please submit copy of formal job offer letter (and other documentation, if necessary), which pertains to the proffered position."

Please help me with kind suggestions.

thanks a lot in advance!

You have to get a letter that your job is permanent in a way that you don't loose your job automatically when the grant for your project might end in 1-2 years. There shouldn't be any doubt in these letters that your job is not linked to a specific grant which might expire soon.

Here is what We plan to do:

1. Send them offer letter which clearly states that position is permanent, with benefits of health, retirements etec, job doesn't have time limit.

2. Letter duly signed by both immediate boss and Research Director stating permanent nature of my job.

3. Letter from our human resource esssentially mentioning the same.

Is there anything I should add:

PS: I might add immigration cover letters also.

experts and people gone thru similar process please comments!!!