Rfe-nsc!!

nsceb1 said:
Here is what We plan to do:

1. Send them offer letter which clearly states that position is permanent, with benefits of health, retirements etec, job doesn't have time limit.

2. Letter duly signed by both immediate boss and Research Director stating permanent nature of my job.

3. Letter from our human resource esssentially mentioning the same.

Is there anything I should add:

PS: I might add immigration cover letters also.

experts and people gone thru similar process please comments!!!

Sounds reasonable for me.

Employers offer letter!

I have query! please help!

1. I have offer letter from my immediate boss only. Is that alright to submit or we should submit something from human resource or our business office.

In any case if i get one from any other person other than my boss it will be dated for post RFE time not actual time of offer.

Worth to mention is that employer thinks he is the authority to issue such offer espcially when it is concerned with hisl ab personal...(such as mine)

kindly suggest what shall i do??!1

Hi nsceb1,

My personal opnion is that the letter from HR should be more effective. In my case, they specifically mentioned that a letter from a professor was not good enough unless he/she had the authority to write such a letter.

I guess the best is to have letters both from your boss and HR.

We are in the same boat.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply,

I am working on the RFE reply. My lawyer(hired only for consulatation) is taking it easy. He suggested me same!!!

I have offer letter from boss which anyway i cannot change as it was written years ago and to my luck it details about permanent nature of job. I am trying to get letter from HR but that will be of current dates. Hope together they will do magic!!!
All the best for your case!!

Hi NSCEB1,

Here's what I would suggest. Try to get a letter from Dean or higher up in Hiearchy. Bigger the title better it is.

Based on your RFE it seems there's a conflict between the letter by your boss and Director related to funds (funded by XXX funds). If the position is funded by project money, USCIS is likely to think that this is not a permanent position. Try to get the letter from higher up which should state that the position is permanent in the since that it has no end date. Omit any thing related to funds.

I hope this helps.

letters!!

thanks sandy!

Well, Director of research is also chairman of our institute. I am planing to take letter duly signed by both. I beleive that will convey INS that essentially both means the same. My lawyer suggested me to explain conflict by saying that one of means for general budget was XXX.

My human resource dpt gave me letter but said "full time" employee but didnot mention "permanent".However, Our business department gave me letter detailing about permanent job.Also they gave certification that my boss and director has full authority to hire me as pemanent employee. I am not sure I should use Human resource letter.
Will these do.
Please suggest !!!!

nsceb1 said:
thanks sandy!

Well, Director of research is also chairman of our institute. I am planing to take letter duly signed by both. I beleive that will convey INS that essentially both means the same. My lawyer suggested me to explain conflict by saying that one of means for general budget was XXX.

My human resource dpt gave me letter but said "full time" employee but didnot mention "permanent".However, Our business department gave me letter detailing about permanent job.Also they gave certification that my boss and director has full authority to hire me as pemanent employee. I am not sure I should use Human resource letter.
Will these do.
Please suggest !!!!

Get a new letter from HR with the word permanent. You need several letters from different levels saying that you have permanent position. It looks like that your first letters were a little bit confusing. So don't give the USCIS the chance to deny your petition by sending not enough letters.

hi nsc eb1

Well, our lab had similar case as yours where in HR refused to mention magic word "permanent".

he didn't send that letter.
he did send chairperson's letter, employer's letter and his organization's business authorities letter and.......letter said

permanent issue
benefits
dates of hiring (indefinite)
no funds details
and authority certification to employer for hiring you as HR was not coperative.

he got i-140 approved

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi NSCeb1, Have you already replied RFE?
Based on your info.....There is good chance you will get approval on proper response. Well, NSC is issuing RFE left / right now a days. Well, My friend got one today.Along with many other things he had query about permanent job related issue. He wil soon post his query!! in this thread!!! All th ebest you guys!!!

I-140 approved after RFE

hi everybody!
Got the mail about approval of I-140 case.
well, that was fast within three days of letter submission.
LUD kept of changing inlast three days.
waiting for actual letter.
all the best.
Special thanks to Honkman, krendel, pamit, pcr!

Congratulations!!

Your 485 ahould also be on the way. NSC is approving 485s at a rapid pace. Since you are a 2003 filer, your turn should come sooner than later. Also, the retrogression in EB3 may also allow them to devote 485 processing resources to other categories. Just wishful thinking maybe. Good luck and keep us posted on your 485 progress.

Finally what did you send in response to the RFE? What was your RFE officers code?

On myRFE, I have the letters in place with the "permanent" wording from HR, Dept, Job Offer, authorization to dept from the Chancellors office to make an offer etc. I am still waiting to see if I can get a letter from the highest authority (Chancellor) soon enough before I send my stuff in. My RFE mentioned sending in an offer letter from the chancellor or as appropriate. Anyone else with similar wording in their RFEs. My RFE officer Cosde is NSC/NQK EX380.

Thanks for the wishful thinking. I will post as and when they do something about my case.

well finally I send following things
1. offer letter of job signed by both Employer and director of research: well letter was addressed to me in 2001 but had words like permanent research position.
2. letter of current date from both stating from where my salary is coming.
3.letter from chairman stating essentially same and also that my employer is certified to appoint me in his lab.
4. HR letter
5. letter from our business office

thats it!!!

My officer code was NSC XXX 355

Hope that helps
ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR CASE
I can perfectly understand whats its like with RFE pressure!!

what are the chances for approval if NSC takes more than 5 months after the rfe response sent? any stats on this? just curious...

delay in postRFE response!!

bhakum
I have been reading your posts!
Five months is serious delay!
in my case (and probably in Mr GC's case) they wrote that it might take us 150-180 days for RFE but it is also written on INS web site that it takes 60 days. You should send the enquiry letter.

pamit73 said:
Your 485 ahould also be on the way. NSC is approving 485s at a rapid pace. Since you are a 2003 filer, your turn should come sooner than later. Also, the retrogression in EB3 may also allow them to devote 485 processing resources to other categories. Just wishful thinking maybe. Good luck and keep us posted on your 485 progress.

Finally what did you send in response to the RFE? What was your RFE officers code?

On myRFE, I have the letters in place with the "permanent" wording from HR, Dept, Job Offer, authorization to dept from the Chancellors office to make an offer etc. I am still waiting to see if I can get a letter from the highest authority (Chancellor) soon enough before I send my stuff in. My RFE mentioned sending in an offer letter from the chancellor or as appropriate. Anyone else with similar wording in their RFEs. My RFE officer Cosde is NSC/NQK EX380.

Pamit you can request your boss to write chancellor about writing one such letter!!

3rd FP

It is funny!
no update on my Nov 2003 concurrent I-485 but we received another FP notice. This shd be third one !!! Anyidea what it could be indicating!

nsceb1 said:
It is funny!
no update on my Nov 2003 concurrent I-485 but we received another FP notice. This shd be third one !!! Anyidea what it could be indicating!

wishful thinking!
approval is very close
otherwise
just not happy with your previous FP