RFE after "Recommended for approval"

CZS4ALL

Registered Users (C)
Has anybody received a letter for additional documents while waiting on the final approval/oath letter?
What is the estimated wait time after sending those documents?
Honestly i'm tired of hearing the generic "90 days" wait period!
I know i have no choice than to wait but i was hoping that someone was in the same situation.

If your interview was on 06/19/09, then waiting another 2-4 weeks is within the norm.

Maybe your expectations are a little high for the end of the month given that it is already the 14th of July. Maybe hope for an August date and then it won't drive you crazy waiting for the letter.

..and we've all been in the situation, and no worry to panic at this point. Just give it some time, grab a beer and look forward to Aug/Sept.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your interview was on 06/19/09, then waiting another 2-4 weeks is within the norm.

Maybe your expectations are a little high for the end of the month given that it is already the 14th of July. Maybe hope for an August date and then it won't drive you crazy waiting for the letter.

..and we've all been in the situation, and no worry to panic at this point. Just give it some time, grab a beer and look forward to Aug/Sept.
I know what you mean, i made a mistake and i booked a ticket for August 15th:( I can't believe i fell for the USCIS again:)
Oh, garbing the beer is out of question :D

Please be clear. Have you received an RFE, or are you just asking for a hypothetical situation?

Did the IO ever bring up anything at interview that suggested that you needed to provide more evidence later?
Nope, he wanted to give me N-14 for something totally different but my lawyer told him what he has was sufficient enough, he went to see his supervisor and came back, shook my hand, congratulated me and give me the letter.
I even asked him if it's possible to include me in the June 25 Oath ceremony but he couldn't put me in it and he said more likely to be in the july 30 one.
I waited almost 3 weeks and instead of the OL i received an RFE :rolleyes:

Your best hope is that your response to the RFE is not lost and you end up getting a denial letter. Except for scheduling Infopass I am not sure what else to say. Try to make sure they acknowledge they got your response to the RFE.

As mentioned above, i tracked the package and it was received and signed for on July 09.

Nope, he wanted to give me N-14 for something totally different but my lawyer told him what he has was sufficient enough, he went to see his supervisor and came back, shook my hand, congratulated me and give me the letter.
I even asked him if it's possible to include me in the June 25 Oath ceremony but he couldn't put me in it and he said more likely to be in the july 30 one.
I waited almost 3 weeks and instead of the OL i received an RFE :rolleyes:

That's strange it didn't come up at interview. Was the RFE for something like residency evidence or travel dates?

That brings up the question whether it was some type of retaliation by supervisor for your lawyer objecting about N-14 at interview. It might just be coincidence, but it makes you wonder.

That brings up the question whether it was some type of retaliation by supervisor for your lawyer objecting about N-14 at interview. It might just be coincidence, but it makes you wonder.

You mean prior divorce degree is not really needed the USCIS insist upon seeing it only in order to make you go thru alittle more trouble because you
hired a lawyer?

You mean prior divorce degree is not really needed the USCIS insist upon seeing it only in order to make you go thru alittle more trouble because you
hired a lawyer?

It's not exactly an unusual request, but Bobsmyth made a good point. I wouldn't be surprised if the supervisor decided to make the applicant jump through extra hoops as a result of his attorney's objection.