Residency Requirement for family

surobin

Hi All,

I was checking the requirements for filing for citizenship and came across this on the USCIS website:

If you have taken any trips outside the United States that lasted six months or more since becoming a Permanent Resident, send evidence that you (and your family) continued to live, work and/or keep ties to the United States, such as:
An IRS tax return "transcript" or an IRS-certified tax return listing tax information for the last five years (or for the last three years if you are applying on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen).
Rent or mortgage payments and pay stubs.

My family is in my home country and i am not applying for them. My son does have a valid GC. and he visits me every year. They have been in my home country for last 3 years since my son is finishing his schooling.

Should i put there home country address in the address field, does this have any impact on my application?
I have only one trip that was 5 months in last year.

please advise

if the application is for you then the address is the physical address of where you live. If you mean the address of your family then I would assume it would be where they live at the moment. I'm sure others would post and correct me if i'm wrong :p

Last edited by a moderator:
In the N400 application "Part 8 Information about your Marital History - B" asks for the address of your Spouse.

Also Part 8 - G asks , how many times has your current spouse been married?

What should i answer 1 or 0, am confused if it means current marraige of previous :(

Also Part 8 - G asks , how many times has your current spouse been married?

What should i answer 1 or 0, am confused if it means current marraige of previous :(

It asks how many times your spouse has been married, period. This number must be non-zero.

can anyoneplease provide me feedback on whether Spouse address has an impact on my application.

My spouse has been staying in home country taking care of her parents for the last 3 yrs.

I have been here wth only 1 long trip of 5 months, that was last year.

can anyoneplease provide me feedback on whether Spouse address has an impact on my application.

My spouse has been staying in home country taking care of her parents for the last 3 yrs.

I have been here wth only 1 long trip of 5 months, that was last year.

Not unless you have been repetitively out of the country for extended trips. In such instance, it becomes more difficult to prove US residency ties if your spouse is living outside the US.

Not unless you have been repetitively out of the country for extended trips. In such instance, it becomes more difficult to prove US residency ties if your spouse is living outside the US.

Thanks Bobsmyth !

Should i mention her home address or should i just put mine, ie; the US address ??