Request for initial evidence sent, case placed on hold

PRholder

Registered Users (C)
Hello Folks,

I got an email from USCIS and it says -
"REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE SENT, CASE PLACED ON HOLD"

I am sure some of you might know what it means. I am still with my former (GC Filing) employer so I am not worried about employer related RFE.

But, I wanted to know what your take is on this? What might it be related to? Does this letter go to the lawyer's office or does it come to the applicants home address?

Thanks in advance.

But, I wanted to know what your take is on this? What might it be related to? Does this letter go to the lawyer's office or does it come to the applicants home address?
If you signed a G-28 to authorize the lawyer to handle your I-485, the RFE probably will go to the lawyer.

I got the same notice and it was for the vaccination record. Was not completed by the Civil Sergeon. Good luck

G 28 signed

Thanks Guys,

Yes, I did sign the G 28 for the lawyer to represent me. I will update you guys on what the letter says.

Seems like USCIS has started sending RFE's for a lot of the cases.... don't know why.. may be they want to close cases that do not respond to them and reduce the backlog.

If i was from ROW, I might have had my GC by now.
I am from India, so will wait some more in line to see where this all leads to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple friends with PD in 2004 (EB3) who have also got RFE. So, it looks like INS is pre-adjudicating cases even though visa numbers are unavailable. I though have not received anything nor any updates online on my case. Wonder if they lost my file or they didn't find anything to ask for more information.

RFE's

I have a couple friends with PD in 2004 (EB3) who have also got RFE. So, it looks like INS is pre-adjudicating cases even though visa numbers are unavailable. I though have not received anything nor any updates online on my case. Wonder if they lost my file or they didn't find anything to ask for more information.

I was thinking similarly like you. I did not have any update on my case on the online status since I filed 485 and this RFE changed the LUD and I also received the email. I have heard from a lot of my friends who too are waiting for their dates to be current - that they are pre-adjudicating the cases and are getting the files ready. I am not sure how true is that. May be USCIS is trying to reduce the number of cases by sending RFE and if there are people who can't reply (due to current job market and might not have a job or company might not be doing good).... they can close those cases.... that is just my thought though

Keep faith... I don't think your file is lost and your priority date seems to be in 2002, so seems like next year seems to be the year for your date to become current. Good Luck

Medical RFE

I got an email from the lawyers with the details on the RFE. He mentions USCIS is requesting a copy of my medical exams. Wonder if USCIS lost the medical exam papers as we are pretty sure we sent it.

The lawyer says the quickest and the most practical way of replying to the RFE is to get a new medical exam done. Is that what others who have received medical RFE hear too?

JustDoit - My priority date is also from Aug-02 (EB3-India)

Seems like a too long wait for us..

thanks,

I got an email from the lawyers with the details on the RFE. He mentions USCIS is requesting a copy of my medical exams. Wonder if USCIS lost the medical exam papers as we are pretty sure we sent it.

The lawyer says the quickest and the most practical way of replying to the RFE is to get a new medical exam done. Is that what others who have received medical RFE hear too?
If possible, go back to the same doctor that did yours originally. They should have records of the original visit so you can skip most of the stuff (at least skip the shots).

Nice idea

Yes, i can go to the same doctor... hopefully, he does not give me the shots again.... and plus i have a copy of the records (so i can show it to him).

Thanks for the tip.

I was thinking similarly like you. I did not have any update on my case on the online status since I filed 485 and this RFE changed the LUD and I also received the email. I have heard from a lot of my friends who too are waiting for their dates to be current - that they are pre-adjudicating the cases and are getting the files ready. I am not sure how true is that. May be USCIS is trying to reduce the number of cases by sending RFE and if there are people who can't reply (due to current job market and might not have a job or company might not be doing good).... they can close those cases.... that is just my thought though

Keep faith... I don't think your file is lost and your priority date seems to be in 2002, so seems like next year seems to be the year for your date to become current. Good Luck

USCIS is pre-adjudicating the cases.

how do you know?

ginnu,

how do you know they are pre-adjucating the cases?

I got the RFE related to medical ( I was hoping they send a employement verification RFE - so that i can show it to them - as i have a job currently and don't know what the next RFE might be)

anyway, thanks and hope all gets well for us.

ginnu,

how do you know they are pre-adjucating the cases?
---------------------USCIS informed during AILA conference.USCIS stated that they are pre-adjucating I-485 so that when Visa numbers become available they can approve the applications and they don’t want to waste any visa numbers.

I got the RFE related to medical ( I was hoping they send a employement verification RFE - so that i can show it to them - as i have a job currently and don't know what the next RFE might be)

anyway, thanks and hope all gets well for us.

------------------------

Part 3 and 4 of I-694

So after going through the medical and knowing that i will have a positive PPD (due to my history of positive PPD), and having clear X Ray results - the civil surgeon said you need to treatment for TB. I was surprised to hear it and as I had read from the CDC website and read the instructions - I saw the Treatment is Recommended - NOT Required and it also mentioned that the doctor should sign Part 5 and explain to the applicant the implications and recommend going for Evaluation to the health department.

I showed the points to the doctor but he did NOT want to sign it without any entry in the part 3 and part 4 - which from what i read is for those that are going to REQUIRE treatment.

Did any of you folks run into similar situation?

693 - Part 2 (Remarks for TB Testing)

Part 2 of Medical Form:-

TB Testing Status : Skin Test - Positive and X Rays Normal
Status is LTBI

Remarks : Should the civil surgeon fill the remarks section? The civil surgeon has NOT filled the remarks part and I am not sure what should be done.

Also, note Part 3 and 4 are NOT filled by the civil surgeon. (which is what it should be)

Has anyone gone through this with their Skin test positive

For reference from USCIS site :-
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=da3eaca797e63110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD
From the above site
Q: Both the CDC and USCIS have revised their requirements for medical referrals, as notated on Form I-693. In what instances must the referral section in Part 3 be completed?
Only complete Part 3, Referral to Health Department or Other Doctor / Facility, if the referral was required, such as when a Class A condition is suspected and needs further evaluation. Do not complete Part 3 if the referral was merely recommended by the CDC. Instead notate the (recommended but not required) referral in the Remarks box under that particular disease or disorder. This will help alleviate the possibility of USCIS rejecting the Form I-693 due to an erroneous assumption that a follow-up evaluation was needed before completion of the form.

Is that a LUD? Clarification

I just saw the date changed, but the statement still says "on October, xx, 2007, we received..." Anything I need to do? Or tell the lawyer about it? I got the FP done while back, so I need to redo it? Thanks

Lud

I think that is called soft LUD, so seems like they did something with your case and might be looking at your file to pre-adjudicate.

From what I know, if the details inside are changed - that is a hard LUD and that gives us an update on what more they did (like in my case, they say an RFE has been sent and case is put on hold)

Good Luck