Request for Evidence sent but not received

cafeconleche

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

my mom sent in her N400 on December 4. On December 16 they sent her a biometric appointment letter, and she went for that on January 8. Yesterday, I checked her case status online, and it says that on December 15, she was sent an RFE, but she hasn't got it, even though she got her biometric appointment letter which was apparently sent a day AFTER the RFE. Has anyone had this experience? This is what the online status check says:

On December 15, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

She's going to call CIS today and see what's up, if they can even tell her, but your input would be helpful. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
That RFE is FP notice. So just rest.

Before the online status is only "acceptance ", right now it goes throu "accetance" ="RFE"="Transfered for interview" even thare are
more type avaialble.

Sorry, I made a correction. The RFE was sent on the 15th, and the bio notice was sent on the 16th. Could they have meant to say the 16th, and just made a mistake on the online status?

The RFE sent December 15 refers to the biometrics appointment sent on December 16th. Not an issue to worry over.

Oh, really? That's a relief. Thanks guys. By the way, my mom's not a member of this forum, but I guess I can tell you guys her timeline. I'll get more information and give y'all an update.

Oh, really? That's a relief. Thanks guys. By the way, my mom's not a member of this forum, but I guess I can tell you guys her timeline. I'll get more information and give y'all an update.

I had the exact same thing happen in my case. except i applied on Nov 9th 2009. I called USCIS and asked for the 2nd level immigration officer. And he told me the same thing that you mentioned. But my online status has not changed and i haven't received my Interview letter yet. I am planning to get an INFOPASS and go into the office and find out what is happening.

Well, my mom was asked for more proof of her COP visits during her interview. The IO said she'd get something in the mail, but she hasn't yet. How much time do they have to send her something asking for more evidence? Would she have to go in for another interview?