Reply from Mr. Williams

Reply as a result of my enquiry

I have got the following reply from the enquiry i made to Vermont center. Some of my friends think it indicates namecheck is complete. I am not sure though.

Your I-485 application is still pending service consideration at this time due to the fact that there is no visa currently available. You may obtain information on visa availability at www.travel.state.gov/visa_bulletin or by calling the sate department at 202-663-1541

I specifically asked my NC got cleared OR not?

got reply "still waiting from FBI"

thanks,
dice12

My 140+485 was filed in sept 2005 at CSC. Fingerprinting was done in Oct.05. Do I have to first wait till 140 gets approved and then initiate inquiry regarding name check (email to Williams etc)? or 140 has nothing to do?

maverick13 said:
My 140+485 was filed in sept 2005 at CSC. Fingerprinting was done in Oct.05. Do I have to first wait till 140 gets approved and then initiate inquiry regarding name check (email to Williams etc)? or 140 has nothing to do?

In my opinion you should wait atleast till your 140 is approved and priority date is current or near current. Making an enquiry now won't yield anything.

Mr. Williams reply

I e-mailed Mr.Williams and his reply was very short" it should be completed in 60 days" but I do not understand if he means my case is ready to adjudicate. This is not employment base and I am not affected by retrogression . I hope we all get GC very soon. by the way he replied on 01/17/06 same date as LUD but no change on message. what do you think?

lud changed!

WaitingMiracle said:
Sending e-mail to Mr.Williams change the LUD?????

I have a LUD change next day after my e-mail to him!!!

The same happened to me but on same day of his response. see signature for details. I wish you a Happy GC soon!!!!!

andrews said:
The same happened to me but on same day of his response. see signature for details. I wish you a Happy GC soon!!!!!
Hi Andrews,

It seems from your signature info, you case is still in TSC. Are you able to get answer from Mr. Williams despite of this or am I confused?

Hi glifeusa2005,
How did you enquire from Vermont? My case was transferred from CSC to Vermont in June 2005.

I sent an email to CSC last week and got reply from Mr Williams - You must check with Vermont who have your case files.

My question is - How do I check with Vermont?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

My PD is Dec 2001 and 485 pending since Sept 2004.

glifeusa2005 said:
I have got the following reply from the enquiry i made to Vermont center. Some of my friends think it indicates namecheck is complete. I am not sure though.

Your I-485 application is still pending service consideration at this time due to the fact that there is no visa currently available. You may obtain information on visa availability at www.travel.state.gov/visa_bulletin or by calling the sate department at 202-663-1541

GC_GoneCase said:
Hi glifeusa2005,
How did you enquire from Vermont? My case was transferred from CSC to Vermont in June 2005.

I sent an email to CSC last week and got reply from Mr Williams - You must check with Vermont who have your case files.

My question is - How do I check with Vermont?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

My PD is Dec 2001 and 485 pending since Sept 2004.
I think he called the main USCIS customer service number and got ahold of a live operator.

Name check cleared

Hi All,

Just came back from some days off and saw the magic email 'Yes' from Mr. Williams (in response to my email asking FBI Namecheck status). Summary of conversation

01/11 - sent email to CSC for 485 status
01/17 - received response from Mr. Williams "currently there are no visas availble"
01/17 - I responsed back to Mr. Williams 'does this mean FBI name check clearence'
01/19 - Got reply from Mr. Williams 'yes'

so I guess I need to wait for EB-2 India to move to my PD (May-02).

will_get_there1 said:
Hi All,

Just came back from some days off and saw the magic email 'Yes' from Mr. Williams (in response to my email asking FBI Namecheck status). Summary of conversation

01/17 - received response from Mr. Williams "currently there are no visas availble"
01/17 - I responsed back to Mr. Williams 'does this mean FBI name check clearence'

How long did it take for your Name Check to clear and how did you find out that your case has gone for Name check?

Thanks.

will_get_there1 said:
Hi All,

Does any body know what the email id for Vermont centre, and who is mr.William there.
Anybody please., I need to enquire about NC.

thanks,

babyluck said:
Does any body know what the email id for Vermont centre, and who is mr.William there.
Anybody please., I need to enquire about NC.

thanks,
Only CSC has such email reply program and Mr. Williams is a pretty nice guy over there who answers the email. No other centers have the decency to do anything similar.

HaraKad said:
How long did it take for your Name Check to clear and how did you find out that your case has gone for Name check?

Thanks.

Hi HaraKad,

1. My name check took almost 12 months to clear (Dec'05- Jan'06)
2. Response from CSC to my various status check by email earlier was '485 is pending due to FBI name check' and in recent status check the reply was 'no visa available'

Hi will-get-there:

Congratulations for the clearing of the name check.

Have you done anything to make this happen?

My timeline is very close to yours, my PD will be current next month,
but I am still waiting for name check.

Thanks,
ltiger

wildthing said:
Hi Andrews,

It seems from your signature info, you case is still in TSC. Are you able to get answer from Mr. Williams despite of this or am I confused?
I will be updating my signature. My file finally reahced Miami in december 2005
but they txred to California because Miami had a huge workload. o supposedly, my file is in California. That is why I contacted Mr. Williams. No LUD change so far.Thanks

ltiger said:
Hi will-get-there:

Congratulations for the clearing of the name check.

Have you done anything to make this happen?

My timeline is very close to yours, my PD will be current next month,
but I am still waiting for name check.

Thanks,
ltiger

Hi Ltiger,

I did write letter to congressman of my area but I have received no response from them so most probably it got cleared on its own, but I think there is no harm in asking congressman / senators (most of them have a dedicated person to help constituentes in matters related with Immigration).

I have some question regarding Mr. Williams. I would appreciate your replies:

1) How do you make sure that Mr. Williams is going to at least read an email inquiry? The email address I've seen in this forum does not include his name. Should we just include "Dear Mr. Williams", blah blah? Do you know of any proper format for the inquiry?

2) My lawyer has sent inquiries two times, one in December 2005 and one in January 2006 and we have not heard back about my I-485. Is it possible that by direct email to this "Mr. Williams", USCIS may not reply my lawyer inquiries in future?

Thanks in advance.

alaimalai

alaimalai said:
I have some question regarding Mr. Williams. I would appreciate your replies:

1) How do you make sure that Mr. Williams is going to at least read an email inquiry? The email address I've seen in this forum does not include his name. Should we just include "Dear Mr. Williams", blah blah? Do you know of any proper format for the inquiry?

2) My lawyer has sent inquiries two times, one in December 2005 and one in January 2006 and we have not heard back about my I-485. Is it possible that by direct email to this "Mr. Williams", USCIS may not reply my lawyer inquiries in future?

Thanks in advance.

alaimalai

My lawyer claims that she called the local district office and they gave us a status update. I am not sure which number she called (She didnt disclose it to us) but said that there is a seperate hotline number for lawyers.

Maybe you can check with your lawyer on this....

My Case

Hi

My Pd is Oct 2001.I sent a mail to csc asking for my status.I got a reply from williams "No visas available" .Again i sent an email i want to know atleast the name check is cleared.I got a reply all security checks completed.U have to wait upto March for visa availability.My RD for 140/485 is March 2004.I am waiting for more than 22 months.within the time i got laid off and joined a new company with EAD.Immigration sucks!!!!

Regards
Kabish