renew EAD and AP

immportuser

Registered Users (C)
hi guys

pl help me in filing EAD and AP renewals. my attorney is asking $1980 for filing these two for me and my spouse.

does anyone have a checklist of all things that i need to fill in/provide as part of filing EAD and AP? my curreny EAD and AP are valid until Jan 15 2005. When should I file for extensions?

WHere do i mention that the renewal should start from Jan 16, 2005 and not before.

your help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

immportuser said:
hi guys

pl help me in filing EAD and AP renewals. my attorney is asking $1980 for filing these two for me and my spouse.

does anyone have a checklist of all things that i need to fill in/provide as part of filing EAD and AP? my curreny EAD and AP are valid until Jan 15 2005. When should I file for extensions?

WHere do i mention that the renewal should start from Jan 16, 2005 and not before.

your help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
For EAD:
Fill up the form I-765
USCIS fees $175
Top portion from the Form when you got EAD ( EAD was recieved by you in that paper, it has Top portion)
2 photographs
Copy of your EAD
Copy of pending I-485 receipt
If you have copy of I-140 filing or copy of I-140 approval attach the copy
Copy of you’re driving license AND color first page of your passport that has your name, photo, DOB

Mail the package to your service center and out side the envelope write in big bold letters Form: I-765 for EAD

** *AP is always NEW
For AP:
Fill up the form I-31
USCIS fees $165
2 photographs
Copy of pending I-485 receipt
If you have copy of I-140 filing or copy of I-140 approval attach the copy
Copy of you’re driving license AND color first page of your passport that has your name, photo, DOB
Mail the package to your service center and out side the envelope write in big bold letters Form: I-131 for Advance parole
send the copy of past AP if you have
** if you need any help come back to us many will help you, no need to pay the lawyer just to fill up the forms, make the cover letter and write what you have attached, sign the cover letter

*** your spouse needs the same, but will attach HER I-485 filing reciept
* *Dont send your papers and your spouse papers in SAME envelope becase they are expert in mixing photographs you may get EAD with your spouse photo. make 4 separate envelops and send

* Back side of the Photographs write your Name, DOB, A# with pencil

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks ginnu

I greatly appreciate your reply.

Last time I went to San Jose local INS office to get my Interim EAD. Should I send these apps to them then?

Can I get some sample cover letters for EAD and AP on web somewhere?

EAD and AP expires on Jan 15, 2005. DO I get to mention that I need the renewed EAD from Jan 16? Should I do this now or when is the earliest that I can do this?

thanks

immportuser said:
I greatly appreciate your reply.

Last time I went to San Jose local INS office to get my Interim EAD. Should I send these apps to them then?
------ you should send EAd AP papers to service center where your I-485 is pending
Can I get some sample cover letters for EAD and AP on web somewhere?
---That is simple just write what is attached
EAD and AP expires on Jan 15, 2005. DO I get to mention that I need the renewed EAD from Jan 16?
---no need to mention they will know from your copy of EAd when it is going to expire
Should I do this now or when is the earliest that I can do this?
---- to be safe send 6 months advance
thanks

Hi Ginnu,
I didnot write outside the envolope "EAD Renewal". is it going to be a problem.?.

Please provide some suggestion on what to do.

Thanks in advance,

Hi! All: I have one question. I am holding H1 and my wife has H4. If I change to EAD, what kind of status does my wife need? Does she need to apply for EAD too? Thanks for your answer in advance. IC

immigrationcom said:
Hi! All: I have one question. I am holding H1 and my wife has H4. If I change to EAD, what kind of status does my wife need? Does she need to apply for EAD too? Thanks for your answer in advance. IC

So long as she has a pending adjustment, she doesn't need anything. She will need AP to re-enter the US if she leaves.

Test_Forum_User said:
Hi Ginnu,
I didnot write outside the envolope "EAD Renewal". is it going to be a problem.?.
---no problem

Thanks in advance,

immigrationcom said:
Hi! All: I have one question. I am holding H1 and my wife has H4. If I change to EAD, what kind of status does my wife need?
--- if you use EAD you will not be on H1 status and your spouse will not be on H4 status, both of you will be on AOS pending status and both will need AP filed in USA and APPROVED IN USA before you go out of USA.
Does she need to apply for EAD too?
---- if she wants to work she can apply EAD she can also get SSN if she gets EAD.
** if possible try to maintain H1 status it is always better till your I-140 gets approved and I-485 hits 180 days. many prefer to be on H1 till I-485 GETS APPROVED. you are eligible for 7th year H1 extension file extension if you still have valid I-94
Thanks for your answer in advance. IC

Test_Forum_User said:
Hi Ginnu,
-----No problem

Thanks in advance,

EAD/ AP online renewal

How about going for EAD/AP online renewal ?
Where will you get the 765 and 131 forms ? What kind of pictures you need?
Thanks

newkid said:
How about going for EAD/AP online renewal ?
---- read many problems with efiilng, better is paper filing
Where will you get the 765 and 131 forms ?
----- USCIS site
What kind of pictures you need?
--same immigration style you sent with I-485
Thanks

Where do I find service center addresses ??

Can some one post where to find service center addesses ? Is it up on USCIS.gov ??/

Thanks for the reply.
Do I need to send by certified post ? Will the receipt notice be mailed to me if I sent it on my own ? Last time my attorney sent documents for 140/485/EAD/AP and the receipt notice went to them .

newkid said:
Thanks for the reply.
Do I need to send by certified post ?
--- it is better so send with certified post
Will the receipt notice be mailed to me if I sent it on my own ?
--- yes to you if YOU file directly
Last time my attorney sent documents for 140/485/EAD/AP and the receipt notice went to them .
---at the time Lawyer filed

Need some help with Filing EAD/AP Renewal

Hi Friends,
Me and my wife are currently on H-1B visas. My I-140 is cleared and I-485 pending for more than 180 days ( I am the primary applicant). We both got our first EADs in Dec '03 and now that I am nearing 4 months of that, I need to apply for my and my spouse's EAD renewal.Who knows when we might need them !!!

Like some of the folks suggested here, it's better to do it on your own and hence I am seeking the help of Gurus out here for the same.
As mentioned here and in some other threads, I am not doing online renewal.
I have following doubts regarding EAD renewal application :

1) Should I send application for my wife and myself in different envelopes ?
2) Should I mention 'EAD Renewal Application' outside the envelope or only 'Form 765 for EAD' is fine ?
3) Do I need to send the H1-B Visa copy stamped on my passport ?
4) Do we really need colored copies of DL AND Passport (first page only)?Should I enlarge them a little for better clarity ?
5) I have the following questions while filling up the 765 form -

-Out of the 3 options, I need to select 'Renewal of my permission to accept employment' for the reason for applying ?
--In Section 11, "Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from INS? " - What date should I put ? - Receipt Date of previous EAD 'OR' Date printed on EAD for 'Card Valid From' ?
---In Section 15 , "Current Immigration Status (Visitor, Student, etc.)"
What should I write ? H-1B (As currently my H-1B is valid and stamped till 2006 and I entered on H1-B last year). Do I need to mention H-1B/AOS
---- In Section 16. "Go to Part 2 of the Instructions, Eligibility Categories. In the space below, place the letter and number of the category you selected from the instructions (For example, (a)(8), (c)(17)(iii), etc.)."
What do I need to fill in ? Is it 'c9' ?

I also plan to file AP for me and my spouse to be on the safer side.I have the following questions for the same.

1) Can I file them in the same envelope as 765 or differently ?
2) Do I need to send copy of last EAD along with AP application ?
3) Please clarify following questions for Form 131.

- Class of Admission ?
-- In Part 3. Processing information - what should I give the date of intended departure ? Around 4-5 months from now ?
And is there any preferred 'Expected stay of length' which I should provide- for eg. 1 month ? Does this effect in anyway ?
---Do I need to fill in "Part 4. Information about your proposed travel." ?
----In "Part 7. Complete only if applying for advance parole." Which option I need to select - One Trip or More than One Trip ? Is there any such restriction on number of visits I can make ? If I select More than One Trip, would it do any harm ?
---- Part 7 says - "On a separate sheet(s) of paper, please explain how you qualify for an advance parole document and what circumstances warrant
issuance of advanc parole." What is this ? A cover letter will solve this purpose or do I need something additional ?
----- I need to send the 131 Form to Vermont Service Center (where my AOS has been filed) ?

I know my questions are too detailed, just that I want to play safe 100% given the current way of things. I really appreciate all the help and information.Thanks Again to the Gurus here !!!

EAD form

What should i fill in this column for my wife's EAD application who is working on EAD.

15. Current Immigration Status (Visitor, Student, etc.) : H4 or EAD???

Please advice.

Thanks,
octFiler.

Help with filling forms

Can Ginnu or any senior member please tell me, what i should answer in these two columns

1) In form 131(Advance Parole)

Class of Admission: ?????????????

2) In form 765(EAD)

Current Immigration status: ?????????(my wife was initiall here on h4 then she converted to h1 and now she is on EAD, so what should the current immigration status say)

Thanks in advance guys

octFiler.

) In form 131(Advance Parole)

Class of Admission: ?????????????

------------ Parolee (AOS)

2) In form 765(EAD)

-----(AOS) pending

Current Immigration status: ?????????(my wife was initiall here on h4 then she converted to h1 and now she is on EAD, so what should the current immigration status say)

Thanks in advance guys

octFiler.