Removed from Oath Ceremony due to long trip

there should be an immigration hand book to follow like the bible, what you can do what you cant. SERIOUSLY! i've read many mistakes people have made, i've made mistakes too..

It does not explain the stuff discussed here in detail. It doesn't say if PR or CR should be met up to the interview or the Oath or frequent trips could trigger some alarms. A layman like myself wouldn't read laws or fine prints. That's why people have always fallen for tricky laws or clauses. I believe 20-30% of the posts I have seen here are concerning this issue.

I agree, the guide doesn't explain it in detail like on this forum. No wonder many applicants think that you must only meet requirements up until filing or until interview.

New US Citizen despite long trip

I had a very bitter and long experience with my citizenship application. I applied N400 in May 2005 and my interview was done in Sept 2005. I waited 3 years to get my Oath letter. During this time my ex-wife filed a dowry case in India to get custody of my daughter. I left everything in USA and went to India in February 2008. Upon my arrival my wife withdrew the case. Also during this time my ex used influence in India and had my passport revoked.

In August my Indian passport was restored and my name was removed from CBI list as wanted. I had hired an attorney to fight my N400 petition in 2007. Once my name was cleared, my attorney contacted USCIS and US attorneys office and my application was approved in November.

During this time I left USA for about 8 months and during my Oath ceremoney I was asked to step out of the ceremony due to long trip. I showed the document to Immmigration officer that indicated my reason for India trip was to take care of my father (true). After 30 minutes of debating, the officer asked me to go ahead and take the oath.

I do not think anyone has gone through the hurdles that i have gone trough to get US Citizenship. It is just a miracle. The odds of becoming a US citizen was very small. This incident has made me to believe in god more than ever.

I wish good luck to all you guys and I am happy to be a US Citizen. God bless you all.

I do not think anyone has gone through the hurdles that i have gone trough to get US Citizenship. It is just a miracle. The odds of becoming a US citizen was very small.

It was not a miracle. It was your courage that cleared the barriers and guided you through the bumpy steps. I don't know your religion, but I believe your God helped you because you had the courage and bravery to take the challenge. Congratulations.

I just want to know what professions allow one to take 6-7 month long trips. I have been building TCP/IP networks for 15 years now and I only get 20 days off a year. I am clearly in the wrong business. Need a career change!!!
I figure those who are taking such long breaks are in some form of consulting, where their work is on a project basis, so they can take unpaid time off when they don't have a project. But generally the only consulting employers that will allow this are those that don't pay benefits or salary while you are not on a project (whether you are inside or outside the US during your non-project time).

Ok, I got the re-interview letter. It looks like they are done with my frequent trips abroad and asking for more proof of business. They want to see the bank transactions/transfers abroad, contracts, invoices etc. I had already provided business tax returns and plan on showing them rent/lease agreement for the office abroad, utility bills, bank account statements. Should that be enough?
They are also asking for more evidence of bona fide marriage. They even want me to bring the ID for my wife in addition to individual bank and credit card statemnts for 3 years. Should I take my wife and child to the interview? Will that help? Will they even let them in the waiting room or in the IO's office?