Religious Asylum from Iran

Hi Guys,
is there any of you have an experience about people that interviewer conducted the interview and got denied at the end of interview only becuase of spending times out of the country during one year that she or he was waiting after grand to apply for the green card? ( base on asylee case)
I would appreciate it if you know any share it with me and let me know what happened after that?
Thank you very much

I know one person went to interview and interviewer conducted the interview and at the end he said she was in USA one day less than one year and he denied her application.
So you may go to the interview and get the deny at the end of interview.
sorry to ask which city she was?

Hi Guys,
is there any of you have an experience about people that interviewer conducted the interview and got denied at the end of interview only becuase of spending times out of the country during one year that she or he was waiting after grand to apply for the green card? ( base on asylee case)
I would appreciate it if you know any share it with me and let me know what happened after that?
Thank you very much

You shouldn't be asking the same question in 4 different threads.
Post your question once, then wait for response(s).

Sorry but I ask my question in different threads, to see if anyone have this experience. Is it possible to know what is the problem? Thanks

The problem is that asking the same question over multiple threads constitutes spamming. So I’m going to delete some of those posts!

Hi, Thanks for sharing the information. So as I saw it took 23 months to receive your green card! I have applied for my green card too and it is 10 months that I am waiting for :( I have a question, which kind of interview did they do? is it the same as the interview that we did for grand asylum? what was the question? They did not call me for an interview yet! :( do you think they will do?
Again thank you very much for your kind help
Depends on your case. Mine, five minute 'interview'...more like an update meeting. He just went over my details on file, checking that the address was still correct, etc. I don't know other people....but for me it was a non-event, more like a time filler for the officer. Not sure why they even bothered doing the interview...waste of time for me and the officer. The officer, more interested in my academic career, my achievements, (yep...I was more educated that him!) than my case file. Then again, not many asylees/refugees have phds. So....don't worry about the interview for the green card if you are doing adjustment as an asylee.

Depends on your case. Mine, five minute 'interview'...more like an update meeting. He just went over my details on file, checking that the address was still correct, etc. I don't know other people....but for me it was a non-event, more like a time filler for the officer. Not sure why they even bothered doing the interview...waste of time for me and the officer. The officer, more interested in my academic career, my achievements, (yep...I was more educated that him!) than my case file. Then again, not many asylees/refugees have phds. So....don't worry about the interview for the green card if you are doing adjustment as an asylee.
I have PHD too. I think most of Iranian who apply for asylum are educated! This isn't so surprising for officers. The day that I had interview he wasn't so surprised! thanks for replying! :)

Hi Guys,
Thank you very much
They may not have conduct interview from you and deny your case without interview.
The situation you are looking for is a unique situation and I am not sure you can find others here that went through what you are going through.

Last edited:
sorry to ask which city she was?
I don't know.
I read his post in this forum a year ago. He only mentioned he got denied at the end if interview because he didn't meet the one year criteria.
You may find his post in the old threads.
I don't know which thread was it.

@tinaina

Did you get your green card through Diversity Lottery after you were granted asylum or while your asylum case was pending?
Does having two concurrent immigration petitions at the USCIS complicate things?
Applied when I was pending asylum , got green card when I was Granted asylum.
Having two petitions at the same time should complicate things.
There is no benefit in having two petitions either.
Once you apply for asylum it always is in your file and there is no way coming back of it.

I don't know.
I read his post in this forum a year ago. He only mentioned he got denied at the end if interview because he didn't meet the one year criteria.
You may find his post in the old threads.
I don't know which thread was it.
Thank you so much for reply. Right now I saw my case was updated! :) My green cad is on way..They posted it. Im so happyyyyyy..Thank you all :) :*

Thank you so much for reply. Right now I saw my case was updated! :) My green cad is on way..They posted it. Im so happyyyyyy..Thank you all :) :*
That is a good news. I wonder how this happen.
Your officer may overlooked your physical presence.
But still is a good news. Congratulations.

Congratulations Sanaz. It is a good News. Did you apply in Nov 2018 as I also Applied my Green Card in Nov 2018. One more question, Did you apply Green Card with your Son as Derivative as well and what is the outcome for his application. Thanks in advanc efor your reply.

Congratulations Sanaz. It is a good News. Did you apply in Nov 2018 as I also Applied my Green Card in Nov 2018. One more question, Did you apply Green Card with your Son as Derivative as well and what is the outcome for his application. Thanks in advanc efor your reply.
I inboxed you! please check it. :)

Hi
I was born and currently living in tehran. I was born in a bahai family so naturally I’m bahai too. My 18 year old birthday is in 25 days so I can’t leave the country legally and I’m desperate to go to america. I did my research and religious asylum is the best way for me to get a visa. I have not been to usa before and i was wondering that am i able to get this kind of visa without getting out of the country?
And can someone explain the steps to me please?

Hi
I was born and currently living in tehran. I was born in a bahai family so naturally I’m bahai too. My 18 year old birthday is in 25 days so I can’t leave the country legally and I’m desperate to go to america. I did my research and religious asylum is the best way for me to get a visa. I have not been to usa before and i was wondering that am i able to get this kind of visa without getting out of the country?
And can someone explain the steps to me please?
You can't. In order to get asylum you should come to USA with students or work visa and you should do it from turkey or Armenia. Sorry there is no other way

You can't. In order to get asylum you should come to USA with students or work visa and you should do it from turkey or Armenia. Sorry there is no other way
Hi
Do you know any kind of visa that allows me to apply from my home country? The reason that I cannot do that is that I can’t speak turkish or arminian and if i do want to go to another country i have to do it illegally and because of that i can never come back to iran and I mean things are hard here but at least i can speak to someone. so can you tell me any other way? It doesn’t even have to be usa visa it can be canada too.

Hi
Do you know any kind of visa that allows me to apply from my home country? The reason that I cannot do that is that I can’t speak turkish or arminian and if i do want to go to another country i have to do it illegally and because of that i can never come back to iran and I mean things are hard here but at least i can speak to someone. so can you tell me any other way? It doesn’t even have to be usa visa it can be canada too.
No. I am sorry.
You need to get student visa to USA from Armenia or turkey. For that you actually have to apply for schools in USA and get accepted. You are 18 . None of them works. I think you should go to university and get bachelor. That way is easier.please try to go to university in Iran even with false information.