Religious Asylum from Iran

Thank you for your answer,
No I am not involved in any kind of christianity activity in Iran and if I come back I will not try to get arrested, but you can practice being a christian without going to church and be in touch with your pastor, I want to live it, I dont' want to hide it and pretend that I am a muslim, there is nothing to exaggerate, I am a new christian and if I get back to Iran there is no way I go to church, because as you know if I do so, soon or late people know about it and my life will be in serious danger. so what we are talking about is if I am ready to pretend that I am a muslim for the rest of my life and live ? or not? the answer is NO! I don't want to pretend and I want to live my faith and proud, is this enough to ask for asylum for religion?

Its all about a well founded fear! If you can prove your fear, so its possible to get your asylum!
Blessings

Thank you for your answer,
No I am not involved in any kind of christianity activity in Iran and if I come back I will not try to get arrested, but you can practice being a christian without going to church and be in touch with your pastor, I want to live it, I dont' want to hide it and pretend that I am a muslim, there is nothing to exaggerate, I am a new christian and if I get back to Iran there is no way I go to church, because as you know if I do so, soon or late people know about it and my life will be in serious danger. so what we are talking about is if I am ready to pretend that I am a muslim for the rest of my life and live ? or not? the answer is NO! I don't want to pretend and I want to live my faith and proud, is this enough to ask for asylum for religion?

You WILL NOT be granted asylum based on "not wanting to pretend". You WILL be granted asylum based on "well founded fear of persecution". If you believe "you can practice Christianity without going to church", then you are giving a reason to believe your life/freedom will not be in danger if you return to Iran.

Your claim for asylum will be granted based on your "well founded fear of persecution". If you ask me, you should provide evidence to corroborate that, not to falsify the claim.

You WILL NOT be granted asylum based on "not wanting to pretend". You WILL be granted asylum based on "well founded fear of persecution". If you believe "you can practice Christianity without going to church", then you are giving a reason to believe your life/freedom will not be in danger if you return to Iran.

Your claim for asylum will be granted based on your "well founded fear of persecution". If you ask me, you should provide evidence to corroborate that, not to falsify the claim.
It is a typo mistake, I meant I can not continue my path in christiniaty without going to my church and without my pastor, now I go to church twice a week and I really need, it is provable than any moslim who converted to christiniaty is in danger in Iran and it is a real threat of death, but is it enough reason for the officer? what if he asks me why I don't hide myself and stop thinking about going to church? what should I say? the truth is I can not continue my path and grow my faith without church and without other christians, but is it enough reason for officer?

It is a typo mistake, I meant I can not continue my path in christiniaty without going to my church and without my pastor, now I go to church twice a week and I really need, it is provable than any moslim who converted to christiniaty is in danger in Iran and it is a real threat of death, but is it enough reason for the officer? what if he asks me why I don't hide myself and stop thinking about going to church? what should I say? the truth is I can not continue my path and grow my faith without church and without other christians, but is it enough reason for officer?

I think now you have the right answer. The officer may ask you the following questions: (he asked me those questions during my interview)
- Are you able to go back to Iran, practice your faith, and keep it to yourself in a way that the government does not find out?
- If you go back to Iran, will you continue to practice the faith?
Please note that whatever your answers might be to those questions, they must corroborate the fact that "you will face persecution if you go back to your country".

Any good lawyer contact info in TX?

Dear all,
I found this post on the internet, and felt happy that there is a iranian post here about asylum. I applied for asylum by myself four months after I arrived, and got rejected due to lack of harm! I born zoroastrian in Iran, and I thought there is no way that I wouldn't grant asylum! Anyway, now here I am, need a good lawyer in Houston, TX to take my case. What are my chances to re-apply for asylum?

Dear all,
I found this post on the internet, and felt happy that there is a iranian post here about asylum. I applied for asylum by myself four months after I arrived, and got rejected due to lack of harm! I born zoroastrian in Iran, and I thought there is no way that I wouldn't grant asylum! Anyway, now here I am, need a good lawyer in Houston, TX to take my case. What are my chances to re-apply for asylum?

Hey Martin, I think you have had a very strong case, because according to the reports by U.S Department of state, religious minorities are in serious danger in Iran. Were you referred to an immigration court after rejection? I do not have accurate information about the re-application process.

Anyway, I advise you to consult with an experienced attorney, she/he might be able to provide you with a better advice. Go through this website and you will be able to find a good attorney.

Wish you the best of luck brother.

I think now you have the right answer. The officer may ask you the following questions: (he asked me those questions during my interview)
- Are you able to go back to Iran, practice your faith, and keep it to yourself in a way that the government does not find out?
- If you go back to Iran, will you continue to practice the faith?
Please note that whatever your answers might be to those questions, they must corroborate the fact that "you will face persecution if you go back to your country".
Thank you for your answer, it helped a lot.
So could you get your asylum?
I have collected different evidences, here I want to share what I have collected yet with you all and ask if you can add any thing to this list:
1-Any news about prosecution, torture, execution related to apostasy
2-Certificate of baptism + letter from my pastor
3-Photos of my baptism
4-Reports of human rights in Iran
5-My letter explaining ( my reasons to leave islam, to choose christianty)
Any other thing you can add to this file?

thank you for your help, I Hope you all get the asylum and live in this land peacefully.

Best

Nima

Thank you for your answer, it helped a lot.
So could you get your asylum?
I have collected different evidences, here I want to share what I have collected yet with you all and ask if you can add any thing to this list:
1-Any news about prosecution, torture, execution related to apostasy
2-Certificate of baptism + letter from my pastor
3-Photos of my baptism
4-Reports of human rights in Iran
5-My letter explaining ( my reasons to leave islam, to choose christianty)
Any other thing you can add to this file?

thank you for your help, I Hope you all get the asylum and live in this land peacefully.

Best

Nima

I am yet waiting to hear the decision on my case. It has already been one month since the interview.

I think the documents you mentioned would be sufficient. Make sure you include the report by U.S Department of State. My file was completed by my attorney, and it was pretty much as you said.

It is important to be consistent in your affidavit and interview. During the interview, the officer will mainly examine your credibility.

Wish you the best of luck.

Can you tell me some information?

I'm planning to do the same thing but I have no idea where to start and who to talk to first?
Can you please give me some idea on how did you convert and where did you start from?

Thanks

Hi,
I completed my documents and forms, now I want to post them, but I have 2 questions, I live in Los angeles, california and it is less than one year that I live in USA and I want to apply for affirmative asylum. so
1-where should I post my documents?
2-Should I send a part of my documents to Nebraska?

I am confused, please help me out.

Thank you!

travel to home country after got U.S passport and citizenship

I applied for asylum religious
I got A number
I have a question
After I receive a U.S. passport
I'm traveling to my country
For my citizenship status issues will
And it is possible that the U.S. government
Revoke my citizenship and
So take my American passport????!!!!

please help me
thanks

Hi my friends,

I changed my religion from Islam to Christianity.
so what should I type in Religion box of the application form?

Hi,
I entered USA as a tourist about 11 months and 15 days ago. My visa expired in 6 months.
My story changed, I had to apply for I-589 ( Affirmative Asylum), now I am waiting for the receipt of my filing and also my withholding of removal.
In the meanwhile the homeland security tried to contact me in my former address ( in San Jose), they asked the neighbor, that I give them a call. ( they gave their phone number).now I live in LA.
What should I do?
calling them and explaining to them?
or just wait for my withholding of removal letter and then call them?
or never call them?

Thank you for your kind attention

Best

Nima

Dear Friends,

I wanted to share the good news, I got my asylum. I wish you all the best luck and fate.
and I am thankful for all of your support in this journey, without you I could not reach here.

Dear Friends,

I wanted to share the good news, I got my asylum. I wish you all the best luck and fate.
and I am thankful for all of your support in this journey, without you I could not reach here.

Congratulations! One more good news! I am happy for you! Enjoy your freedom.

Hi everybody,
Has anybody actived here? I am new here and want to apply for religous asylum.Can anybody help me? I am from iran

Thanks.Ali

Hi, hope you all are well. those who went to the interview, would you kindly please give me more information about the session? how was it going on?
I am so stressful that I cannot concentrate and control myself. I wanna know exactly how much time did the interview take? Was the officer a picky individual? Did he asked any of you the religion questions such as the information about Christianity and Bible or the rules of this religion? In addition to all the documents provided (Baptism paper, photos, the letter from my pastor), Is it enough to convince him about our future which won't be safe in Iran? Or am I suppose to completely explain what happened recently in Iran for me in detail? If possible, I appreciate it if you can share with me whatever you think is important for me to do!
I know some Iranian who refuse to share any experience or information unfortunately. Those who had experience of being interviewed and accepted! I don't know why they think about, however it is considered as a help. and honestly speaking, I need your help very much.
Best