reentry permit

bakersf

Registered Users (C)
I applied for a reentry permit and got a receipt notice dated 9/21/2010. Was scheduled for biometrics on 10/28/2010 and did a biometrics walk-in on 10/14/2010. My last update on this case was on 10/25/2010. This is my first reentry permit by the way. Has anyone who applied for reentry permit around my time line and received anything?

Although the posted processing time is 3 months, take into account that the application ran head on into the holiday season, so it is not surprising that it is taking longer.

Hi bakersf
I also applied for reentry permit in November get my biometrics in 27th November 2010, till now January 2011 the application is still in the first (Acceptance) stage. I want to know if there is any advancement in your case.
Also how much time does it take to know if my application accepted or not because i should know whether to renew my work overseas or not
Thank you

Hello

I applied for renentry permit 12/28/2010. Got my biometrics for feb 14th 2011. Walked in on Jan 26th 2011. I have no updates on my case.

Please do let me know, if there is any progress in your case?

Thanks

Kartik

I just got my reentry permit today in the mail. My notice date was 9/21/2010 and I got approved on 2/7/2011. So all in all....a little less than 5 months. No more travel documents..applying for citizenship in June 2012. What a relief.

congrats and thanks for your reply...

Thanks for your reply...was your status always "Initial Review" till the approval?

Thanks

Kartik

Thanks for your reply...was your status always "Initial Review" till the approval?

Thanks

Kartik

My status never showed anything but acceptance. It changed to card/document production a few days ago once it got approved. Good luck to you.

My status was "initial review" or "acceptance" all the time. Even after I received my permit, this status didn't change.

I hope it's valid ...

They are inconsistent with updating the online status. If it's in your hand and unexpired, assume it's valid unless you are explicitly notified that it's revoked.

I was changing the address during application for the permit. They had to send duplicate of the last notice letter to my friend because the original was misdirected -> so this is why online case status says "acceptance".

However, I picked up the permit at the foreign U.S. embassy and my friend told me that immigration letters he received were just notifications that I was expecting already that did not require any actions. I have no more information than that.

I just hope everything is fine.

Should I be worried at all? Do they revoke reentry permits after they issue them?

I am also thinking to travel to US in June and will apply for I-131 (re-entry) permit. Now, in order to obtain biometrics done quickly, I have read some blogs here on this website when people got their biometrics done by making an info pass(walk-in) rather than going for BIO on the date mentioned on the later.

Can somebody please tell me if it is possible to make an infopass to give biometrics and any conditions attached to it and the procedure

thanks.

You have to wait for the biometrics notice first before attempting a walk-in. Apply using the expedited route if you can, and then it might take a couple of weeks for the notice to come in the post.