Recent experience with family-based immigration application at NBC?

Please help give me advice

Please help: did anyone here file I485 through marriage to US citizen and have their case processing in National Benefits Center? My case has been pending in NBC for one year and 7 months (RD: Oct 2003). Please let me know if you have been waited for that long. I have spent enough money to renew my EAD and AP. Please advice me if I should contact someone to help or not. I did everything by myself and sent thousands of letters inquring the case status to NBC, but never get any reponse. Please advice. I have browsed this website and haven't seen any case like mine been through this long.

gatorlink said:
good news creamcheese the NOA came from lees summit so expect your interview date any day now
Thank you for your kind reply, Gatorlink!!
Well, now the only thing I can do is checking the mail box!^^
Again, I wish you good luck!!!!!!!!

waiting for aos interview

hey gatorlink i guess u beat me to it goodluck and pray for all the people who r waiting for theirs.

sjiwani said:
where does the interview letter comes from your DO or missouri.

It came from missouri.
Thanks for the kind words and good luck to you guys also.
I know I'm not done yet but this website along with its members has been of tremendous help substituting as a high paid lawyer and psychiatrist

Here's a question i just thought of
does the F1/sevis system make the application process/background check easier?
I ask because it seems as if the members here who are F1 students have a fairly smooth process

gatorlink said:
I received the NOA for my I-485 interview.
I will do the interview on june 20th
wish me luck

Hello. Gatorlink, good luck! It's very fast, seems very good news for us. Also did you check your process information online? I was wondering if they put note online first before they send the interview letter. I submitted AOS on April 1st. My case status for I-485 didn't change since April 8. Now I just did fingerprint a week ago, on line shows my I-765 is approved. But I-485 has still no change although they "updated" it on May 25th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received AP yesterday. Its 2 similar kind of papers with picture on it. I have heard you get 3 papers but I think they have changed it or atleast I hope so... Anyone with 2 papers of AP instead of 3?

Advance Parole

How long does it take to receive Advance Parole documents ?

Our plan is to get married in June '05 and go to home country in Nov'05 ?

Also, I131 is the form to be filed for Adv Parole, what will receive from Service Center based on which i can travel ?

jparikh1 said:
How long does it take to receive Advance Parole documents ?
You can see it in my timeline. Less than 2 months.
jparikh1 said:
Our plan is to get married in June '05 and go to home country in Nov'05 ?

Also, I131 is the form to be filed for Adv Parole, what will receive from Service Center based on which i can travel ?
That is right.

montanagriz, zoomzoom, amherst22,

All checks (130,131,765 and 485) were cashed on 5/31/05! Yippie!! :) To paraphrase somebody's message, " Never been so happy to see money being taken out of my account!"
Anyways, No notice as yet. Hopefully, will get it in a couple of days or so.
Timeline:
Documents received by USCIS : 5/02/2005
Checks cashed : 5/31/2005 - Day 28

Advance parole

Hi everybody,
my aplication for AP was approved on Friday May 27. Does anybody know how long it takes to get the papers? I must travel on the 10th of June and I am getting crazy. Hefik

hefik said:
Hi everybody,
my aplication for AP was approved on Friday May 27. Does anybody know how long it takes to get the papers? I must travel on the 10th of June and I am getting crazy. Hefik
Mine was approved and mailed on May 25th and I received on May 31st. That includes 2 Holidays (Sunday & Mem. Day). You will be fine.

update

Got receipt notices, checks were cashed and scheduled BIO.

Sorry for not updating you yesterday, wanted to wait what the appointment will be. In the heat of the joy scheduled an appoitment via Infopass right away only to realize that you CANNOT use Infopass to schedule BIO and FP appointments, as this is taking place in an entirely different office :(. Called the 800# this morning and got an appointment 4 weeks out, not great, but also not as bad as I feared. Might give it a shot and try to move up the date later this week, nothing to lose I guess...

Also, once you get your receipt notices, you can register right away at https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp to obtain electronic updates and check the status online.

After some celebration, another waiting period begins... Good luck to you all!

Day 1 04/29/05 Mailed the package to NBC
Day 5 05/03/05 RD
Day 29 05/27/05 ND on AOS,AP,EAD I-797c
Day 33 05/31/05 Checks cashed
Day 33 05/31/05 all I-797c's received
Day 63 06/30/05 Fingerprints appointment

Last edited by a moderator:
Time line

I485 send 11/6/04 received date 11/09/04 notice date 11/16/04
I sent I131 and I765 and the dates are the same
Biometrics taken 12/01/04
01/05/05 Employment autorization card received
03/09/05 I131 denyed - I checked the wrong box :)
03/16/05 New I131 filed
03/17/05 I131 received
03/31/05 I131 NOA
05/27/05 I131 approved
I hope that I will get it soon. We have been planing our trip for 6 months.

Hefik

Did anyone with an NOD after April 4 get the EAD approval???

Day 1 04/11/05 Mailed the package to NBC
Day 4 04/15/05 RD
Day 9 04/20/05 ND on my AOS,AP,EAD
Day 10 04/21/05 Checks cashed
Day 19 04/30/05 Fingerprints done

cswenson002 said:
Please help: did anyone here file I485 through marriage to US citizen and have their case processing in National Benefits Center? My case has been pending in NBC for one year and 7 months (RD: Oct 2003). Please let me know if you have been waited for that long. I have spent enough money to renew my EAD and AP. Please advice me if I should contact someone to help or not. I did everything by myself and sent thousands of letters inquring the case status to NBC, but never get any reponse. Please advice. I have browsed this website and haven't seen any case like mine been through this long.

Sorry to hear that you have been having problems. I have a pending case but I just filed in April. It seems like other people have been getting approvals pretty smoothly. Maybe you should contact an attorney to help you out.