Recent experience with family-based immigration application at NBC?

Update on my Case

I got email saying my EAD was approved on June 1st, 2005 and they will send me a card as soon as it is ready. :)
I am very happy. I know now I will have long period of time to wait before I heard from USCIS, since it will take up to 2 years to get an interview from my DO which is Memphis.
Good Luck

I-693 with I-485 & Advance Parole

What is I-693 form and can I get that done before marraige ?

Also, are I-485,I-693 and I-864 are to be filed togather?

Is it necessary to have I-485 filed prior to filing I-131 (advance parole) or I can file both these togather ?

As we'r planning to get married in mid june, it is necessary for us to travel to india in Nov'05

Thanks much

hi amishah, congrats to u,
i have not received any thing till now i am very confused!!!!!!.online my application (all apllications) "ur application was received on april 13th....................!!!. does ur online status say the same date ?? if yes then i should have also been approved by now ,i dont know whats the delay, its very frustrating please let me know!!

Update

Received all Notices (130,130,485 and 765) yesterday.
Scheduled FP and Bio by calling the 800 #. Got a date of July 14th!!!! Man, that is a long wait!!
Thinking about walking in to the ASC for the bio. Any recent experience on walk-in's? My DO is Charlotte, NC. Any advise...anybody?
Thank you all...

mr needy said:
hi amishah, congrats to u,
i have not received any thing till now i am very confused!!!!!!.online my application (all apllications) "ur application was received on april 13th....................!!!. does ur online status say the same date ?? if yes then i should have also been approved by now ,i dont know whats the delay, its very frustrating please let me know!!
Mine is saying April 8th....

My Timeline

I'd like to share my timeline for adjustment of status, EAD and AP applications.

April 7, 2005 sent I-(130,485,765,131) to Chicago Lockbox via Fedex
April 8 : Received in Chicago
April 12: Checks cashed
April 13: Notice Dates
April 15: Received 4 Notices of Action in mail
April 16: Fingerprints and Biometrics completed in Application Service Center
April 18: LUD changed for I-(485,765,131)
April 25: Fingerprint results received for I485 and processing resumed

And that's pretty much it. Nothing has happenned since 04/25. I am hoping that at least my EAD and AP get approved soon. My DO is Baltimore which is a year behind for I485 processings.

-Crusher

takes too long

Crusher, your experience does not bode well. I still cannot figure out why it takes some people literally just days to receive their EAD card after fingerprinting while others have had to wait more than a month to even see a change of status.

Ageorge, I also would like to know whether walk-ins will be accepted by the ASC. Does each local office have their own rules? Tried calling again, and they did not have an earlier appointment.

The job lined up will evaporate come July 15, so this will be a stressful summer.
---
Day 1 04/29/05 Mailed the package to NBC
Day 5 05/03/05 RD
Day 29 05/27/05 ND on AOS,AP,EAD I-797c
Day 33 05/31/05 Checks cashed
Day 33 05/31/05 all I-797c's received
Day 63 06/30/05 Fingerprints appointment

Last edited by a moderator:
montanagriz,

I dont think adjudication of EAD application depends on how early you get your FP/Biometrics done. Based on the timelines that ppl posted, in average it takes anything between 45-75 days for EAD application to be adjudicated. A case like mine can have the FP appointment very early and someone can get it after 40 days. In either case, there is a wait for the application turn in the long queue of pending applications... And certainly, if you dont get your FP appointment within 90 days, you may have to be looking for possibility of getting an intrim EAD.

montanagriz said:
Crusher, your experience does not bode well. I still cannot figure out why it takes some people literally just days to receive their EAD card after fingerprinting while others have had to wait more than a month to even see a change of status.

Ageorge, I also would like to know whether walk-ins will be accepted by the ASC. Does each local office have their own rules? Tried calling again, and they did not have an earlier appointment.

The job lined up will evaporate come July 15, so this will be a stressful summer.
---
Day 1 04/29/05 Mailed the package to NBC
Day 5 05/03/05 RD
Day 29 05/27/05 ND on AOS,AP,EAD I-797c
Day 33 05/31/05 Checks cashed
Day 33 05/31/05 all I-797c's received
Day 63 06/30/05 Fingerprints appointment

My wife e-filed her EAD on April 5th and did her biometrics on April 7th. Her application hasn't been touched since May 5th. Still no approval yet and people who applied after us are getting theirs already.

Is it possible that NBC lost part of my wife's file?

Ap

Hi Amishah,
I just saw your timeline and I must tell you that you are really lucky. I sent aplication for AP on the 17th of March and it was approved later than yours and I still have not received anything.I am getting scared because if they really sent it on Friday I should have already received it and the time is running quicker than I wish. I have a question for you. My friend told me that first you receive approval letter and the AP papers can arrive more than 14 days later. Have you received AP with approval notice in one letter? Thanks for response.

Hefik

Crusher said:
montanagriz,

I dont think adjudication of EAD application depends on how early you get your FP/Biometrics done. Based on the timelines that ppl posted, in average it takes anything between 45-75 days for EAD application to be adjudicated.

I see your point. If they go by receipt dates then the people who can score an early appointment don't really have an advantage in the end, unless you are unlucky enough not to get an appoinment for many weeks. We'll all see I guess... Keep the updates coming :cool:

hefik said:
Hi Amishah,
I just saw your timeline and I must tell you that you are really lucky. I sent aplication for AP on the 17th of March and it was approved later than yours and I still have not received anything.I am getting scared because if they really sent it on Friday I should have already received it and the time is running quicker than I wish. I have a question for you. My friend told me that first you receive approval letter and the AP papers can arrive more than 14 days later. Have you received AP with approval notice in one letter? Thanks for response.

Hefik
They send only AP papers. There is nothing like approval notice. So now what you will receive is your AP.

hi did any one with specific notice of 04/13/05 get any thing till now???.
i ask this coz i know there r many in the forum who have ND of 04/13/05 and nit yet got approved but they r some lucky ones who got it. we can track eachothers applications and know where we may be in the line. thanks

Approval notice

Thanks, but I found the status of my case on internet and there is also written that my case was approved on MAY 27th and that an approval notice was sent. It is confusing and I hope I will get the real papers not only approval letter :)

Hefik

hefik said:
Thanks, but I found the status of my case on internet and there is also written that my case was approved on MAY 27th and that an approval notice was sent. It is confusing and I hope I will get the real papers not only approval letter :)

Hefik
It said the same thing for me too.

What time do you guys get the emails from USCIS? I keep checking my email every half hour. Should I stop checking once it's passed 5pm EDT?

Another question. Does the AP get approved before the EAD? I don't even have the AP approval yet. My NOD is 4/20.

Crusher said:
I'd like to share my timeline for adjustment of status, EAD and AP applications.

April 7, 2005 sent I-(130,485,765,131) to Chicago Lockbox via Fedex
April 8 : Received in Chicago
April 12: Checks cashed
April 13: Notice Dates
April 15: Received 4 Notices of Action in mail
April 16: Fingerprints and Biometrics completed in Application Service Center
April 18: LUD changed for I-(485,765,131)
April 25: Fingerprint results received for I485 and processing resumed

And that's pretty much it. Nothing has happenned since 04/25. I am hoping that at least my EAD and AP get approved soon. My DO is Baltimore which is a year behind for I485 processings.

-Crusher

How do you know that they received your fingerprint results? Did you get an update message stating that?

why the time difference?

Hi folks!
Something I don't understand.
For AOS sent to the lockbox, for most people, the NOA takes a month but for folks like "Gamze" and "Crusher" it takes a couple of weeks. Does it depend on the DO? Do some States process faster than others?
Seems like things move faster in LA. Is my observation correct?

gamze said:
How do you know that they received your fingerprint results? Did you get an update message stating that?

When they receive your FP results, your I485 online case status messgae will reflect that. It takes about a week or so after your FP appointment.