Recent experience with family-based immigration application at NBC?

Answer.

aliazmat76 said:
Hi Everyone.
Does anyone have experience of I-130.F2b. My case 130 has been approved and my mother got NOA. in which they told your case has been sent to NVC and you will get some paper within 3 months. It's been almost a month. My cases has been approved on May 11 and still nothing from NVC. As I know that my priroty dates are not current and its still long. But as NOA mention that within 3 months you will get some documents. Does anyone know what kind of Documents they will send to me. Either is it Packet 3 or some kind of other documents. Any reply will be highly appritated.
Ali.
They will send you forms and ask for a fee of around $70. This This is what they call " Affidavit of Support fee". Once they receive this they will send you the Affidavit of support (I-864)forms and further instructions.
I know you can download the I-864 form online....so I don't know why they ask for money to send you this form anyways...Maybe they send something else as well after they receive the fee.
And usually it is send within 2 months of the I-130 approval ( applying for parents). So expect to get the forms soon.
P.S all information is based on what I have seen in the various forums.

Received NOA...checks cashed

I have receive NOA for my I-765.
mail date May 04
Received date May 06 (according to post office)
Received date May 08 (according to Receipt..which counts)
Notice Date June 3rd
And checks have been cashed on June 7th
Have biometrics appointment tomorrow...
To others on the same boat( montanagriz, ageorge, amherst22) keep posting updates
thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485 interview letter received in Jacksonville, FL

Hi folks, I just got my interview letter for Jacksonville, FL the letter came from the Missouri Service Center.

Here my timeline from Jacksonville, FL. Here on a K3 visa AOS.

2/25/05 sent I-485 to NBC priority mail USPS.
2/27/05 Notice receive date
3/23/05 NOA date sent out from Chicago/NBC
3/26/05 Received NOA from Chicago/NBC.
4/5/05 RFE notice date
4/6/05 Biometics and fingerprinting completed in Jacksonville, FL
4/6/05 RFE by NBC from Missouri requesting I-130 approval notice mailed.
4/9/05 Received RFE letter from NBC/Missouri
4/9/05 Sent RFE I-130 approval notice to NBC/Missouri by priority mail USPS.
4/11/05 Received RFE by NBC/Missouri.
4/12/05 Case status update for RFE
4/13/05 AOS "touched" .
4/18/05 Fingerprints received and processing has resumed by NBC.
5/27/05 Interview letter Dated.
6/1/05 Interview letter sent out.
6/4/05 Interview letter received.
6/28/05 Interview schedule in Jacksonville, Florida. :) :D

Everybody that's waiting wish you all the best..... Hang in there your turn will come....

Tony

I received my EAD card yesterday. But they have my middle initial wrong. So I need to call them today about it. :(

It is so rediculous

I Just called USCIS regarding my wrong middle initial on EAD card. They told me that I have to fill out new I765 and have to attach the EAD card with it and a copy of receipt notice that I received for I765. Then they will determine whether it was our mistake or there! (of course there). If they will find that it was our mistake, we have to send a check to them (again!). All this will take a month. It is so stupid. On my receipt they got my name correct. Still they will determine about who's errror it was. And it will take them a MONTH. For an approved application, it will take them a month?? So stupid.

congrats!

amishah said:
I Just called USCIS regarding my wrong middle initial on EAD card. They told me that I have to fill out new I765 and have to attach the EAD card with it and a copy of receipt notice that I received for I765. Then they will determine whether it was our mistake or there! (of course there). If they will find that it was our mistake, we have to send a check to them (again!). All this will take a month.

First of all, congratulations! After all, it has 'only' taken them a bit over 2 months to get the EAD to you, which is good to know for us still waiting. Of course, it is aggravating them making such a mistake, but somehow I am not surprised. Hopefully, they will give you time to return the card to them, while you are waiting for the correction you will have no proof of being cleared to work...

Zoomz00m, congratulations to you as well! How in the world have you been able to get a next day appointment for biometrics? This must be a super-quiet regional office. Let us know how things progress from here.

montanagriz said:
First of all, congratulations! After all, it has 'only' taken them a bit over 2 months to get the EAD to you, which is good to know for us still waiting. Of course, it is aggravating them making such a mistake, but somehow I am not surprised. Hopefully, they will give you time to return the card to them, while you are waiting for the correction you will have no proof of being cleared to work...
Thanks. I am glad and thankful that I got my EAD approve within two months. But I have a feeling that once you have a glitch in your case doesn't matter who's mistake it is, you are set for long wait. Now what if I won't get my new EAD till next month which will complete 3 months to my initial application? Will I be able to get an intrim EAD? No because my application is already approved. My H1-B is valid till November so working won't be a problem. And like everyone else, I want to get it done with it.

zoomz00m said:
I have receive NOA for my I-765.
mail date May 04
Received date May 06 (according to post office)
Received date May 08 (according to Receipt..which counts)
Notice Date June 3rd
And checks have been cashed on June 7th
Have biometrics appointment tomorrow...
To others on the same boat( montanagriz, ageorge, amherst22) keep posting updates
thank you
Congratulations Zoomzoom!
No updates from me...same ol' same ol'. My FP appointment is more than a month out! Calling the 800 number regularly to check if there are any earlier dates but no luck so far.

ageorge:

We have similar dates, but I did my fingerprints and biometric today. Drive by the Application Support Center with your notices and ID, and ask them if they have an opening. Explain that you dont have an appointment for today. If they are not busy, you can take care of it. I was done in less than 45 mins! Its worth checking out.

Cograts to Mr Needy!

I'm happy for you that you got your EAd approved today! I'm patiently waiting for mine, hopefully mine gets approved very soon, too :) .

F-1 on Practical Training married to USC:
Paperwork (I-130, I-485, I-765, medical exam etc) mailed to Chicago Lockbox via express mail: 4/15/2005
Paperwork received by USCIS: 4/16/2005
Notice of Action for I-130, I-485, & I-765: 4/19/2005
Fingerprint and Biometric done : 4/26/2005

Good news ,
my AP and EAD got approved today.
Good luck to everybody waiting for theirs :D :D :D

Day 1 04/11/05 Mailed the package to NBC
Day 4 04/15/05 RD
Day 9 04/20/05 ND on my AOS,AP,EAD
Day 10 04/21/05 Checks cashed
Day 19 04/30/05 Fingerprints done
Day 57 06/07/05 AP & EAD approved (email)

QDude said:
ageorge:

We have similar dates, but I did my fingerprints and biometric today. Drive by the Application Support Center with your notices and ID, and ask them if they have an opening. Explain that you dont have an appointment for today. If they are not busy, you can take care of it. I was done in less than 45 mins! Its worth checking out.
QDude:
Thank you for the Info. I was planning on driving by there next week. My ASC is in Charlotte, NC. What about yours?

No approval yet...

It is good to hear that mr. needy and gamze got their EAD/AP. :)
My ND is 04/13, and I just noticed LUD change on my EAD and AP today. I am hoping that they approve my cases soon!

Crusher

my bf filed for labor about a year ago and never received anything so far..just calm down people, if u read in the immigration website they say that sometimes they dont send the receipt!

Appointment Letter - FP and Bio

Can anyone advise if USCIS sends out an official appointment letter for FP and biometrics after I have already called the 1-800# to setup an appointment at ASC and received a confirmation date and number on the phone?

Thanks
4/25/05: sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to chicago lockbox facility
4/26/05: Received at lockbox
5/24/05: All checks cashed
5/26/05: Received all NOAs