Recent experience with family-based immigration application at NBC?

Did they update the status message online for your EAD after biometrics? My wife had her biometrics done on April 7th. The Last updated field changed on 4/8 and then again on 5/5, but the status message didn't change.

priority date current in May?

Anyone else here with a priority date becoming current in May? Mailed the packet 3 weeks ago today, and checks have not been cashed yet. This wait is unnerving. It was received on 5/3 delivered by USPS.

Hi all,
any LUDS ?? update on cases??, hey amishah ! how r things going.no progress for me.did any one with ND 04/13/05 receive EAD or AP??.This is my ND.will update ....,
btw, NBC now processing EAD of ND 04/06/05(7 behind my ND), andAP for 03/06/05 (37 days behind mine),when do u think will they come ahead 1 week may be this week for next???
I have to travel in june , ap processing is way behind i dont what I can do.any inputs appreciated thanks

Recent Experience with Processing times at Chicago Lock Box?

Folks,
I am new to this forum AND I am glad I found this site. As many of us here, I am married to a USC and live in Long Island, NY. I hope I can find answers to my concerns. Here is my timeline with filing:

4/25/05: sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to chicago lockbox facility
4/26/05: Received at lockbox

I assume that it is taking approximately 30 days or more to get any or all of the NOAs for these applications. Anybody, please advise if this is true?

What is the process - Does the Chicago facility process any of the applications or does it send all the documents to New York City DO (as would be in my case)?

Thanks

Amherst22

Amherst22 said:
Folks,
I am new to this forum AND I am glad I found this site. As many of us here, I am married to a USC and live in Long Island, NY. I hope I can find answers to my concerns. Here is my timeline with filing:

I assume that it is taking approximately 30 days or more to get any or all of the NOAs for these applications. Anybody, please advise if this is true?

What is the process - Does the Chicago facility process any of the applications or does it send all the documents to New York City DO (as would be in my case)?

Thanks
Same here...been viewing this forum for a while but posting a message for the first time.
My package was received at the Lockbox on 05/02/2005. And no word from them as of today. The checks have not been cashed either.

You are right, it does take around 30-35 days to receive the NOAs. This is just based on posts on this web site.

Chicago Facility...rather, the NBC does process some of the applications. Here is a link to the USCIS NBC FAQ that provides info on what all they do. Gist of it is that they do all the "Pre-Interview" work for 485, Adjudication of associated 131 and 765. Here is the link for more info:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nbc/faq.htm#whatrole

Please do provide updates on the status of your application and I will do the same. All the best!

reciept date

my r/d is 2/25/05, fp 4/1/05, waiting for aos approval now keeping my fingers crossed good luck to all. :) :cool: :p :D

EAD checks not cashed...similar experience

Same here...Its been over 3 weeks since my application for EAD(family-based) was delivered at Chicago lockbox....still chekcs haven't been cashed....
Saw a couple of posts in this thread with similar situation.(montanagriz, ageorge, amherst22)..Please update if any of you have any updates..i'll do the same
thank you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
zoomzoom,
Still no change...checks not cashed and no NOAs.
My package was delivered to Chicago lockbox by FedEx on 05/02/2005. When was your package delivered? Wonder what the next steps are if the status-quo is maintained after 30-35 days! Any insights?
Thanks...

Update

ageorge said:
zoomzoom,
Still no change...checks not cashed and no NOAs.
My package was delivered to Chicago lockbox by FedEx on 05/02/2005. When was your package delivered? Wonder what the next steps are if the status-quo is maintained after 30-35 days! Any insights?
Thanks...
Folks:

Saw my account, all of my checks (I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131) were cashed yesterday. But not received NOAs yet. Maybe today, hopefully!!!
Here is my timeline:

5/24/05: All checks cashed

Let me know, how you all are doing (montanagriz, ageorge, zoomz00m) AND Good Luck !

Last edited by a moderator:
still waiting

No news, forms received by CIS on 5/3. Looks like this could be next week, going by Amherst22 timeline. And it's Memorial Day :(. Actually my next big worry is the wait for fingerprints, as some appoitments are 6 weeks out at some offices from what people have posted here. And no walk-ins accepted in the local office, either.

You know, the usual situation here. Job offer waiting, but the job will go away if no work permit in time...

I am grateful for this forum, being in the dark is no fun at all, and this way at least we have some reliable tracking data, but it still seems the wait times are all over the map.

Hi All,
Just received a mail saying that my I 131 was approved on May 25th and they have sent me the approval notice. Hurrehhhhhhh..
I am one step closer to visiting my family.

hi amishah congrats, i understand how happy u must be feeling.
could u please tell me was there any LUD on ur i 131 b4 it got approved. also is your Rd 04/12/05, if yes i am one day behind u . hope i get my I 131 approved also thanks

mr needy said:
hi amishah congrats, i understand how happy u must be feeling.
could u please tell me was there any LUD on ur i 131 b4 it got approved. also is your Rd 04/12/05, if yes i am one day behind u . hope i get my I 131 approved also thanks
My RD is 04/08/2005. Last LUD before the approval was 04/27/2005.
Good Luck.

I am confused, should we follow the RD on the notice or the ND on the NOA???!!,
my RD-04/08/05
ND-04/13/05
i mean to see what date they r processing ?? what date to follow on the NOA

mr needy said:
I am confused, should we follow the RD on the notice or the ND on the NOA???!!,
my RD-04/08/05
ND-04/13/05
i mean to see what date they r processing ?? what date to follow on the NOA
On Processing Date webpage, they are saying, they are going by "Receipt Notice Date".